The President NLC, Ayuba Wabba, made this call on Friday in Abuja at a public forum tagged: ‘Nigeria in the Struggle for the Liberation of Western Sahara.’
“President Muhammadu Buhari has in different fora promised to stand by the people of Western Sahara and use his position as the president of Nigeria to make sure they gain their independent.
“The Moroccan government has refused to let Western Sahara exist and live freely, yet the president and the government he is leading has done nothing so far rather they are busy romancing the Moroccan government.
“We therefore call on President Muhammadu Buhari to keep his words and fulfill his promise to the people of Western Sahara,” he said.
According to him, Nigerian government must rise to the occasion and do what is expected of it as a leading country in Africa.
“It is expected of Nigeria to stand against all forms of injustice against fellow African countries.
“The silence of Nigerian government against the evil being melted on the people of Western Sahara simply means that Nigeria is associating itself with injustice.
“Let it be known that African continent as a whole will not know peace until all countries under any form of colonial rule or influence are completely liberated,” Wabba, said.
Also speaking, the President of ASUU, Dr Biodun Ogunyemi, stressed that Nigerian government and its citizens must do everything within their power to support the independent of the Western Saharans.
He urged Nigerian government to avoid anything that associates it to the ongoing injustice against the people of Western Sahara.
Ogunyemi also urged President Buhari to use his position as the head of ECOWAS to support the freedom and independent of Western Sahara.
Also, Mr Ezenwa Nwagwu, from Committee for Defence of Human Rights, called on Nigerians to boycott goods and products from Morocco in solidarity with the people of Western Sahara.
He said that Nigerian government will continue to pamper Moroccan government at the detriment of the Western Saharans.
According to him, Nigerians can actually help by uniting against the government of Morocco by boycotting their products.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu
- Fresh Graduate Waiting for NYSC Stabbed to Death by Girlfriend
- APC Won't Have Candidates In Rivers; Appeal Court Confirms
- 'I Thought Breast Cancer Is For Only Rich People Until It Hit Me'
- APC, PDP Reps Clash over Buhari's Refusal to Sign Electoral Bill
- Good Man Tortured By Police For Trying To Free Extortion Victim In Lagos