The President NLC, Ayuba Wabba, made this call on Friday in Abuja at a public forum tagged: ‘Nigeria in the Struggle for the Liberation of Western Sahara.’
“President Muhammadu Buhari has in different fora promised to stand by the people of Western Sahara and use his position as the president of Nigeria to make sure they gain their independent.
“The Moroccan government has refused to let Western Sahara exist and live freely, yet the president and the government he is leading has done nothing so far rather they are busy romancing the Moroccan government.
“We therefore call on President Muhammadu Buhari to keep his words and fulfill his promise to the people of Western Sahara,” he said.
According to him, Nigerian government must rise to the occasion and do what is expected of it as a leading country in Africa.
“It is expected of Nigeria to stand against all forms of injustice against fellow African countries.
“The silence of Nigerian government against the evil being melted on the people of Western Sahara simply means that Nigeria is associating itself with injustice.
“Let it be known that African continent as a whole will not know peace until all countries under any form of colonial rule or influence are completely liberated,” Wabba, said.
Also speaking, the President of ASUU, Dr Biodun Ogunyemi, stressed that Nigerian government and its citizens must do everything within their power to support the independent of the Western Saharans.
He urged Nigerian government to avoid anything that associates it to the ongoing injustice against the people of Western Sahara.
Ogunyemi also urged President Buhari to use his position as the head of ECOWAS to support the freedom and independent of Western Sahara.
Also, Mr Ezenwa Nwagwu, from Committee for Defence of Human Rights, called on Nigerians to boycott goods and products from Morocco in solidarity with the people of Western Sahara.
He said that Nigerian government will continue to pamper Moroccan government at the detriment of the Western Saharans.
According to him, Nigerians can actually help by uniting against the government of Morocco by boycotting their products.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Illicit bank charges: senate takes action
- Ekiti: Fayemi abolishes levy, declares free education
- Rohr speaks on Super Eagles performance
- ” I will blame Rohr for Uzoho’s blunders”
- ‘ Even Messi would struggle at Man Utd ‘
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp
- Mama Taraba busts APC office, recovers all she bought for party
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court
- Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists of Candidates, says INEC
- Single Men and Ladies Already Registering For Olu Famous Rescue-Mission (OFR)
- Long wait for business as TSTV dealers demands for refunds
- Fuel subsidy: Senate launches fresh investigation
- N4.7bn fraud: Fayose has a case to answer, says EFCC
- Nigerian Actor Blossom's Wife Suffers Serious Burns After She Poured Hot Water On Her Body (Photos)
- Throwback Photo Of Patience Ozokwor As A Teenage Girl
- Lagos Landlord Arrested For Defiling Tenant's 5 Sons (Photo)
- Bus Recovered After Plunging Into River; Passengers Missing, Some Rescued Unconscious
- Why We Complained About Peter Obi As Atiku's Vice President
- Jobless Man Nabbed For Allegedly Killing Brother Over Mother's Property
- Nude Bath Video of Osun Lawmaker: Update From The Court
- Woman Steals Her Family Friend's Children... she's on the run
- We won’t accept less than N30,000 minimum wage - Labour
- Politician Accuses Policeman Of Shooting, Breaking His Leg
- APC & Police Colluding To Scuttle My Election Petition – Senator Adeleke