The President NLC, Ayuba Wabba, made this call on Friday in Abuja at a public forum tagged: ‘Nigeria in the Struggle for the Liberation of Western Sahara.’
“President Muhammadu Buhari has in different fora promised to stand by the people of Western Sahara and use his position as the president of Nigeria to make sure they gain their independent.
“The Moroccan government has refused to let Western Sahara exist and live freely, yet the president and the government he is leading has done nothing so far rather they are busy romancing the Moroccan government.
“We therefore call on President Muhammadu Buhari to keep his words and fulfill his promise to the people of Western Sahara,” he said.
According to him, Nigerian government must rise to the occasion and do what is expected of it as a leading country in Africa.
“It is expected of Nigeria to stand against all forms of injustice against fellow African countries.
“The silence of Nigerian government against the evil being melted on the people of Western Sahara simply means that Nigeria is associating itself with injustice.
“Let it be known that African continent as a whole will not know peace until all countries under any form of colonial rule or influence are completely liberated,” Wabba, said.
Also speaking, the President of ASUU, Dr Biodun Ogunyemi, stressed that Nigerian government and its citizens must do everything within their power to support the independent of the Western Saharans.
He urged Nigerian government to avoid anything that associates it to the ongoing injustice against the people of Western Sahara.
Ogunyemi also urged President Buhari to use his position as the head of ECOWAS to support the freedom and independent of Western Sahara.
Also, Mr Ezenwa Nwagwu, from Committee for Defence of Human Rights, called on Nigerians to boycott goods and products from Morocco in solidarity with the people of Western Sahara.
He said that Nigerian government will continue to pamper Moroccan government at the detriment of the Western Saharans.
According to him, Nigerians can actually help by uniting against the government of Morocco by boycotting their products.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament
- Omeruo signs one year loan deal
- Ogu trains in Cyprus ahead of make-or-break match
- FCT FA Commences U-13 Football Talent Hunt
- Club Brugge turns down Osimhen after trials
- Abia Warriors crush Manga FA 4-0
- France 2018: Falconets ready to battle for semi final ticket
- 120 students participate In 3rd edition Nimrod North West Holiday Volleyball Clinic
- Female Student Wounds Friend For Advise Her To Quit Smoking
- WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
- Lawmakers defect in Ogun
- 2019: Al-Mustapha formally shows interest in presidential race
- LCCI tackles FIRS over new tax provision