Suspected gunmen early hours of Friday attacked Tse Ujoh community in Ikyurav -Tiev in Katsina Alla local government area of Benue State and killed several people .While an eyewitness told our correspondent that 12 people were found dead, Police confirmed nine person killed in the attack .
According to an eyewitness account , the attackers stormed the community in a commando manner , shooting indiscriminately , leading to the death of eight persons on the spot.
The eyewitness further said that some people were injured and taken to an undisclosed hospital , where four others later died .
“ The attackers stormed Tse Ujoh village in Ikyurav -Tiev in the early hours of Friday. As soon as they invaded the village , they were shooting indiscriminately , while some of the attackers entered into houses and attacked people .
“ By the time they left , several people were injured , at least 12 bodies were found and taken to hospital morgue , the eyewitness said .
Reacting to the attack , Governor Samuel Ortom , who decried the constant attacks on Katsina Alla axis , said that nine people were killed .
The governor described as “ unacceptable ” the latest attack on Tse- Ujoh in Ikyurav -Tiev of Katsina- Ala local government area which left nine persons dead in the early hours of Friday.
The governor , who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary , Terver Akase , disclosed that troops had been deployed to the affected area to bring the situation under control.
He assured the people of Katsina -Ala that steps had been taken to prevent further attacks in the area , adding that three persons had been arrested in connection with the attack .
The statement further said , “ Governor Ortom reassured the people of the state that his administration will not allow armed militia to continue to terrorise communities .
“ He encouraged anyone with information that can lead to the apprehension of the gang to contact the police , Department of State Services or the military , ” the statement said .
The State Command spokesman , DSP Moses Yamu , confirmed that nine people were killed .
“ We got information that some militia suspected to be of Shitile , attacked Tse Ujoh village of Ikyurav – Tiev council ward where nine people were killed , ” Yamu said .
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban
- Truck Driver Loses Control, Crushes Married Woman To Death
- The Rise Of Peter Obi
- Okonjo-Iweala Debunks Reports Of Endorsing Buhari
- I Never Took A Dime From Any Political Candidate - Oyedepo
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Travel ban: Atiku, Falana whack Buhari
- Ighalo redeems his image in Super Eagles
- Patrick Baumann,rising star in Olympic circles, dies at 51
- Nigerian Army football team wins National League, gains promotion
- 60,000 children die yearly of Diarrhea in Nigeria, says WaterAid
- 2019: Buhari begins massive clampdown on opposition
- Crawford retains WBO Welterweight title against Jose Benavidez Jr