Suspected gunmen early hours of Friday attacked Tse Ujoh community in Ikyurav -Tiev in Katsina Alla local government area of Benue State and killed several people .While an eyewitness told our correspondent that 12 people were found dead, Police confirmed nine person killed in the attack .
According to an eyewitness account , the attackers stormed the community in a commando manner , shooting indiscriminately , leading to the death of eight persons on the spot.
The eyewitness further said that some people were injured and taken to an undisclosed hospital , where four others later died .
“ The attackers stormed Tse Ujoh village in Ikyurav -Tiev in the early hours of Friday. As soon as they invaded the village , they were shooting indiscriminately , while some of the attackers entered into houses and attacked people .
“ By the time they left , several people were injured , at least 12 bodies were found and taken to hospital morgue , the eyewitness said .
Reacting to the attack , Governor Samuel Ortom , who decried the constant attacks on Katsina Alla axis , said that nine people were killed .
The governor described as “ unacceptable ” the latest attack on Tse- Ujoh in Ikyurav -Tiev of Katsina- Ala local government area which left nine persons dead in the early hours of Friday.
The governor , who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary , Terver Akase , disclosed that troops had been deployed to the affected area to bring the situation under control.
He assured the people of Katsina -Ala that steps had been taken to prevent further attacks in the area , adding that three persons had been arrested in connection with the attack .
The statement further said , “ Governor Ortom reassured the people of the state that his administration will not allow armed militia to continue to terrorise communities .
“ He encouraged anyone with information that can lead to the apprehension of the gang to contact the police , Department of State Services or the military , ” the statement said .
The State Command spokesman , DSP Moses Yamu , confirmed that nine people were killed .
“ We got information that some militia suspected to be of Shitile , attacked Tse Ujoh village of Ikyurav – Tiev council ward where nine people were killed , ” Yamu said .
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Shock as Ex-Chef of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh is Murdered on way to Abuja (Graphic Pics)
- Pretty Lawyer Set To Wed Medical Doctor... pre-wedding pics
- Saraki In Trouble? Presidency Allegedly Plotting To Remove Him
- Yahoo Boys On The Run As EFCC Declares War On Them
- Panic In Abule-Egba Lagos As Vandals Cause Explosion
- PDP Ogun Gov.: Court Judgement Divides Kashamu, Adebutu
- Woman, Two Other Islamic Clerics Caught With Human Parts
- I Feel Comfortable With Sanwo-Olu Than Ambode; says Hamzat
- Is Ekweremadu Really Banned From Travelling?
- Jimi Agbaje Slams Tinubu: "Pharaoh, Let My People Go"
- Detained Deji Adeyanju Speaks From Police Custody
- People In Maiduguri Protest For Getting 24hrs Power & High Bill
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Abuja 2018 NSF: FG presents Sports Tourism award to Gov. Ambode
- Marketing genius, Bukola Olopade falls in love again with NWFL after divorcing NNL
- Flying Eagles emerge runners-up of WAFU U20 tourney
- I turned down £40m fight with Wilder – AJ
- CR7 wanted Juventus move in January?
- Besiktas confirm Pepe departure
- Glitz as Army pulls out 5 generals from service
- 2019: Why Fulani herders association not keen on Buhari, Atiku
- Faces Of Rich 'Yahoo Boys' Busted In Abuja (Photos)
- DSS & Army In Gun Battle With Armed Militia From Mali (Photos)
- Daddy freeze claims Christians once banned Christmas
- Security: STF law proposed amendment divides stakeholders
- Timeline of the Special One’s downfall
- Qatar unveils eye-catching design for Lusail Stadium
- Police investigate alleged historic racism in Chelsea youth system
- De Bruyne: Fatigue not behind injury woes
- Pep eyes move for Real Madrid’s unhappy Isco
- 7-yr-old marriage dissolved because wife’s not hot as girlfriends
- PSG Director: Disrespectful Rabiot indefinitely benched
- Lagos 2019: Agbaje confident of victory
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance