– Yemi Osinbajo has congratulated a team of young girls who represented Nigeria in the Global Tech competition in Silicon Valley
– The girls – Save-A-Soul team – developed a mobile application for tackling the problem of fake pharmaceutical products in Nigeria
– They won the 2018 Technovation World Pitch in California
The acting president of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo, on Friday, August 10, congratulated a team of teenage girls who represented Nigeria in the Global Tech competition in Silicon Valley.
Osinbajo congratulating the girls on their win said Nigeria and its citizens are very proud of the girls.
In a tweet through his official Twitter handle, the acting president said: “These young ladies in Junior Secondary School, developed a mobile application called ‘FD Detector’ to tackle the problems of fake pharmaceutical products in Nigeria.”
Osinbajo said: “Yesterday, they won the 2018 Technovation World Pitch in California. Congratulations! We are very proud of you.”
The girls won the 2018 Technovation World Pitch in California. Photo credit: Twitter, Yemi Osinbajo
The girls had defeated a team from the United States of America (USA), Spain, Turkey, Uzbekistan and China to win the 2018 Technovation world pitch junior division in San Francisco, USA.
The team, Save-A-Soul developed a mobile application, ‘FD Detector’ which could be used to tackle the problem of fake pharmaceutical products in the country.
The team of young girls were selected from 2,000 mobile app developers to represent Africa at the world pitch.
They developed a mobile application for tackling the problem of fake pharmaceutical products in Nigeria. Photo credit: Twitter, Yemi Osinbajo
Channels Television reports that the teenage girls from Anambra state plan to partner with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) with the new app to meet up the challenge.
NAIJ.com gathered that the Technovation is a program that invites girls to identify a problem in their communities and then challenge them to solve them by developing apps.
According to Team Save-A-Soul, Nigeria has one of the largest markets for fake drug.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com earlier reported that Osinbajo had on Monday, July 9, visited the headquarters of Google in Silicon Valley during his working visit to the US.
The acting president during his visit met the CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, who welcomed the vice president and his entourage to the Googleplex.
The CEO of Google led a team of executives to a meeting with the vice president and other Nigerian officials.
Osinbajo who was also part of a series of investment forums in Silicon Valley interacting with key US technology firms promoting Nigeria tech firms, met and interacted with Nigerians working in Google headquarters.
Osinbajo Oighlights Reasons for Incessant Herdsmen Troubles, Proffers Solution on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Shock as Ex-Chef of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh is Murdered on way to Abuja (Graphic Pics)
- Pretty Lawyer Set To Wed Medical Doctor... pre-wedding pics
- Saraki In Trouble? Presidency Allegedly Plotting To Remove Him
- Yahoo Boys On The Run As EFCC Declares War On Them
- Panic In Abule-Egba Lagos As Vandals Cause Explosion
- PDP Ogun Gov.: Court Judgement Divides Kashamu, Adebutu
- Woman, Two Other Islamic Clerics Caught With Human Parts
- I Feel Comfortable With Sanwo-Olu Than Ambode; says Hamzat
- Is Ekweremadu Really Banned From Travelling?
- Jimi Agbaje Slams Tinubu: "Pharaoh, Let My People Go"
- Detained Deji Adeyanju Speaks From Police Custody
- People In Maiduguri Protest For Getting 24hrs Power & High Bill
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Abuja 2018 NSF: FG presents Sports Tourism award to Gov. Ambode
- Marketing genius, Bukola Olopade falls in love again with NWFL after divorcing NNL
- Flying Eagles emerge runners-up of WAFU U20 tourney
- I turned down £40m fight with Wilder – AJ
- CR7 wanted Juventus move in January?
- Besiktas confirm Pepe departure
- Glitz as Army pulls out 5 generals from service
- 2019: Why Fulani herders association not keen on Buhari, Atiku
- Faces Of Rich 'Yahoo Boys' Busted In Abuja (Photos)
- DSS & Army In Gun Battle With Armed Militia From Mali (Photos)
- Daddy freeze claims Christians once banned Christmas
- Security: STF law proposed amendment divides stakeholders
- Timeline of the Special One’s downfall
- Qatar unveils eye-catching design for Lusail Stadium
- Police investigate alleged historic racism in Chelsea youth system
- De Bruyne: Fatigue not behind injury woes
- Pep eyes move for Real Madrid’s unhappy Isco
- 7-yr-old marriage dissolved because wife’s not hot as girlfriends
- PSG Director: Disrespectful Rabiot indefinitely benched
- Lagos 2019: Agbaje confident of victory
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance