– Eight soldiers are receiving treatment after successfully repelling the attack from the insurgents
– IGP Idris Ibrahim faults report by Lawal Daura on siege of National Assembly
Seven suspected Boko Haram terrorists at Garanda village in Borno state have been killed by troops serving in the counter insurgency operation.
The deputy director of information, Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Clement Nwachukwu, told Channels TV on Thursday, August 9 that the killing of the insurgents occurred when troops were repelling an attack by the terrorists.
Nwachukwu said the terrorists had launched an attack on a military location in the village in Guzamala local government area of the Borno state. He said the troops who were alert swiftly repelled the attacks, killing seven of the insurgents in the process.
The spokesperson stated that eight soldiers were injured in the battle and have been taken to a military hospital in Maiduguri, the state capital for treatment.
To other news, the sacked director general of the Department of State Security Service (DSS), Lawal Daura, has said intelligence report that unauthorised persons were planning to smuggle dangerous weapons and incriminating items into the National Assembly, prompted him to deploy operatives to the complex.
Daura’s statement was contained in the interim investigation report submitted by the Inspector General of Police, Idris Ibrahim, to the acting president, Yemi Osinbajo, Daily Trust reports
The IGP, however, faulted the intelligence report by Daura, noting that the report cannot be substantiated as the DSS personnel deployed were not EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) experts or specialist in this regard.
Buhari Warplanes Cost Nigeria 496 Million US Dollars | Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Six Easy Ways to Stay in Shape During Vacation
- Saraki Can't Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant - APC
- Nigerian Female Doctor Wins Appeal To Keep Her Job After Being Blacklisted In UK
- DSS Speaks On Alleged N21b, PVCs Found In Daura's House
- Saraki Holds Serious Meeting With Obasanjo
- Why Buhari Will Win 2019 Election - Presidency
- Akpabio Talks Tough: "If My Seat Is Declared Vacant, Saraki Must Lose His Seat'
- Story Of 7yrs Old Boy Who "Married" His Own Mother (Photos)
- Nigerian Doctor, Anthony Madu, Allegedly Nabbed For Fraud In UK Defends Himself
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CR7’s debut match abandoned as Juventus fans invade the ground
- Pogba : Barcelona’s decision
- Court stops arrest warrant on INEC Chairman
- Key proteins associated with lung cancer
- Buhari announces running mate
- PDP accuses APC of rigging Bauchi senatorial by-election
- DSS clarifies issues on Daura investigation
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen talks Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, LeBron James
- PSG: Adrien Rabiot’s future is uncertain
- Ronaldo survives death threats
- Sam Allarydce: Arsenal’s tactic against city too poor
- Luka Modric wants to be a star in Serie A with Inter Milan says agent
- Young Nigerian Constructs Helicopter For The Army
- 2019: Osinbajo Is The Running Mate To Buhari
- NIMASA may suspend seafarers with hepatitis condition
- We defecate in nylon bags, say truck drivers stuck in Apapa gridlock
- Customs suspends e-auction as vehicles worth billions rot away
- Angry Soldiers At Maiduguri Airport Threaten To Shoot Superiors
- Tony Elumelu's Beautiful Mum Set To Celebrate Her 90th Birthday
- Photos Of Aisha Buhari Being Conferred With An Honorary PhD
- 12yrs Old Boy Survives Plane Crash That Killed All Passengers
- Crude oil prices drop as tension rises over trade disputes
- Army reacts to protest by soldiers who seized airport
- Hoodlums rape Assemblies of God pastor to death
- Story Of Schoolgirl Abducted In Lagos & Sold Into Pros-titution
- Lady Beheaded In Imo, Body Dumped, Br*ast Cut Off (Graphic Pic)
- Buhari Not Happy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura?
- APC makes new plot to cage, impeach Saraki, Ekweremadu – PDP
- SERAP tells NBC to lift the ban on JAY FM Jos radio station
- Smartphone light linked to rampant blindness—Study