– Eight soldiers are receiving treatment after successfully repelling the attack from the insurgents
– IGP Idris Ibrahim faults report by Lawal Daura on siege of National Assembly
Seven suspected Boko Haram terrorists at Garanda village in Borno state have been killed by troops serving in the counter insurgency operation.
The deputy director of information, Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Clement Nwachukwu, told Channels TV on Thursday, August 9 that the killing of the insurgents occurred when troops were repelling an attack by the terrorists.
Nwachukwu said the terrorists had launched an attack on a military location in the village in Guzamala local government area of the Borno state. He said the troops who were alert swiftly repelled the attacks, killing seven of the insurgents in the process.
The spokesperson stated that eight soldiers were injured in the battle and have been taken to a military hospital in Maiduguri, the state capital for treatment.
To other news, the sacked director general of the Department of State Security Service (DSS), Lawal Daura, has said intelligence report that unauthorised persons were planning to smuggle dangerous weapons and incriminating items into the National Assembly, prompted him to deploy operatives to the complex.
Daura’s statement was contained in the interim investigation report submitted by the Inspector General of Police, Idris Ibrahim, to the acting president, Yemi Osinbajo, Daily Trust reports
The IGP, however, faulted the intelligence report by Daura, noting that the report cannot be substantiated as the DSS personnel deployed were not EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) experts or specialist in this regard.
Buhari Warplanes Cost Nigeria 496 Million US Dollars | Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki attends launch of Trump’s Africa Strategy in US
- Flying Eagles turn back Ghana, reach WAFU Cup semi finals
- Who owns Nigeria football? The investor or the promoter? —Wale Ajayi
- Barewa to face Cowrie at Rugby President Cup final
- Arowolo quits 3SC for politics
- NRA ultimate goal is for Nigeria Referees to officiate at World Cup–Azeez
- Uche Okagbue becomes head coach of FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- Buhari wants teachers’ retirement age raised
- Brilliant Female Graduates Break 21-Year Record At Obafemi Awolowo University
- Donald Duke's Running Mate, Junaid Mohammed Quits
- Mother & 15yrs Old Daughter Sleeping With Ex-Commissioner... he has been arrested over the girl's pregnancies, abortions
- Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs
- PDP alleges plans by FG to cripple PDP-controlled states
- Senate Confirms Keyamo, other nominees for NDIC Board
- Environment Minister, Ibrahim Jubril Resigns
- Kogi legislator loses seat for defecting to PDP
- Ambode is my Politician of the Year – Shettima
- More troubles for Trump as court jails associate for fraud
- NB Plc to apologise over misleading information on product
- Husband, Wife, Mother-in-law Arraigned For Stealing N2.4m
- Ex-SGF Babachir In Aso Rock, 13 Months After Sack
- Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Sailor & His Fiancée
- 24 Yahoo Boys Busted By EFCC Arraigned In Court (Photos)
- Aisha Buhari Hosts Nigerian Entertainers In Aso Rock (Photos)
- Shock As Woman Is Caught Trying To Behead Her Daughter In Delta (Photos)
- Driver Who Absconded With Boss' Vehicle Busted
- First Gold Refinery In Nigeria Coming Up
- Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Indefinite Strike
- See Ammunitions Soldiers Recover From Gunrunners
- FIRS Generates N5trn So Far In 2018, Sets Take Break Record
- Woman Cries After Man Brings Police To Take Over Her Father's House A Week After His Death
- You Were Handpicked To Contest - Jimi Agbaje tells Sanwo-Olu
- My Wife Died During A Fight In My Dream, says man seeking for divorce in Lagos
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- APC Will Pay Dearly For Stopping Me - Minister Adebayo Shittu
- Fresh Graduate Waiting for NYSC Stabbed to Death by Girlfriend
- APC Won't Have Candidates In Rivers; Appeal Court Confirms
- 'I Thought Breast Cancer Is For Only Rich People Until It Hit Me'
- APC, PDP Reps Clash over Buhari's Refusal to Sign Electoral Bill
- Good Man Tortured By Police For Trying To Free Extortion Victim In Lagos