Meet 37-year-old Uzodinma Asonye, ‘Nigerian’ lead prosecutor in Trump’s alleged Russian collusion case
– This is the case of Uzodinma Asonye who is one of the seven prosecutors in the Russian collusion allegations against US President Donald Trump’s campaign director, Paul Manafort
– Asonye, who is a financial crimes prosecutor, got his law degree from Yale in 2005
An American of Nigerian origin, 37-year-old Uzodinma Asonye, is one of the seven prosecutors enlisted by the United States special counsel on the Russian collusion allegations, Robert Mueller.
Asonye was said to have led the prosecution team when the first trial in the alleged Russian collusion case opened against a former campaign director and ally of President Donald Trump, Paul Manafort.
Manafort is being tried for alleged bank and tax fraud as well as possible connivance with foreign Russians.
According to Chicago Sun Times, Asonye was in the marching band, symphonic choir and a member of the National Honor Society in high school.
NAIJ.com gathers that he grew up in Chicago where he attended Homewood-Flossmoor Community High School and graduated in 1998.
Asonye, who is a financial crimes prosecutor in the eastern district of Virginia, got his undergraduate degree from Cornell University in 2002 and his law degree from Yale in 2005.
According to reports, the prosecutor has successfully prosecuted fraud cases, including the Bank of the Commonwealth fraud trial that saw the firm’s former boss jailed for 23 years.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials