Meet 37-year-old Uzodinma Asonye, ‘Nigerian’ lead prosecutor in Trump’s alleged Russian collusion case
– This is the case of Uzodinma Asonye who is one of the seven prosecutors in the Russian collusion allegations against US President Donald Trump’s campaign director, Paul Manafort
– Asonye, who is a financial crimes prosecutor, got his law degree from Yale in 2005
An American of Nigerian origin, 37-year-old Uzodinma Asonye, is one of the seven prosecutors enlisted by the United States special counsel on the Russian collusion allegations, Robert Mueller.
Asonye was said to have led the prosecution team when the first trial in the alleged Russian collusion case opened against a former campaign director and ally of President Donald Trump, Paul Manafort.
Manafort is being tried for alleged bank and tax fraud as well as possible connivance with foreign Russians.
According to Chicago Sun Times, Asonye was in the marching band, symphonic choir and a member of the National Honor Society in high school.
NAIJ.com gathers that he grew up in Chicago where he attended Homewood-Flossmoor Community High School and graduated in 1998.
Asonye, who is a financial crimes prosecutor in the eastern district of Virginia, got his undergraduate degree from Cornell University in 2002 and his law degree from Yale in 2005.
According to reports, the prosecutor has successfully prosecuted fraud cases, including the Bank of the Commonwealth fraud trial that saw the firm’s former boss jailed for 23 years.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation