Meet 37-year-old Uzodinma Asonye, ‘Nigerian’ lead prosecutor in Trump’s alleged Russian collusion case
– This is the case of Uzodinma Asonye who is one of the seven prosecutors in the Russian collusion allegations against US President Donald Trump’s campaign director, Paul Manafort
– Asonye, who is a financial crimes prosecutor, got his law degree from Yale in 2005
An American of Nigerian origin, 37-year-old Uzodinma Asonye, is one of the seven prosecutors enlisted by the United States special counsel on the Russian collusion allegations, Robert Mueller.
Asonye was said to have led the prosecution team when the first trial in the alleged Russian collusion case opened against a former campaign director and ally of President Donald Trump, Paul Manafort.
Manafort is being tried for alleged bank and tax fraud as well as possible connivance with foreign Russians.
According to Chicago Sun Times, Asonye was in the marching band, symphonic choir and a member of the National Honor Society in high school.
NAIJ.com gathers that he grew up in Chicago where he attended Homewood-Flossmoor Community High School and graduated in 1998.
Asonye, who is a financial crimes prosecutor in the eastern district of Virginia, got his undergraduate degree from Cornell University in 2002 and his law degree from Yale in 2005.
According to reports, the prosecutor has successfully prosecuted fraud cases, including the Bank of the Commonwealth fraud trial that saw the firm’s former boss jailed for 23 years.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool
- Brazil to inject $1.1bn into Nigeria’s agriculture, says envoy
- Musa skips his game to sort out family matter
- Billikisu is NWPL referee of the week
- Uber announces new safety toolkit app for operators
- UBA posts all-time high gross earnings for Q3
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)