"It is time": these are the words attributed to Sarah Broccoli, one of the producers of the James Bond saga, during a conversation with Equalizer 2 director, Antoine Fuqua. And we can't say we weren't expecting it.
Even before the shooting of Spectre, the last movie in the saga, the producers were said to be planning to choose a black actor to replace Daniel Craig as the world's most famous spy.
(Photo: David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images)
Since fans found out that the production company is considering Idris Elba to take over the role, their impatience has trebled. According to British newspaper The Independent, his name is now back on the table."As long as he's in shape", said director Antoine Fuqua, when asked by the Daily Star.
Whether Elba gets the role or not, one thing has become clear: the next James Bond will be black – significant progress when we consider that since the very first film in the early 1960s, all of the actors to play 007 have been white. But John Boyega, who recently rose to prominence, could also fit the bill.
In the meantime, Daniel Craig, aged 50, is gearing up for what should be his fifth and last film in the role of Bond, after Casino Royale (2006), Quantum of Solace (2008), Skyfall (2012), and Spectre (2015).
We don't yet have much information about the new Bond 25 directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, 127 Hours), which should hit cinemas worldwide by 2019.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation