"It is time": these are the words attributed to Sarah Broccoli, one of the producers of the James Bond saga, during a conversation with Equalizer 2 director, Antoine Fuqua. And we can't say we weren't expecting it.
Even before the shooting of Spectre, the last movie in the saga, the producers were said to be planning to choose a black actor to replace Daniel Craig as the world's most famous spy.
(Photo: David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images)
Since fans found out that the production company is considering Idris Elba to take over the role, their impatience has trebled. According to British newspaper The Independent, his name is now back on the table."As long as he's in shape", said director Antoine Fuqua, when asked by the Daily Star.
Whether Elba gets the role or not, one thing has become clear: the next James Bond will be black – significant progress when we consider that since the very first film in the early 1960s, all of the actors to play 007 have been white. But John Boyega, who recently rose to prominence, could also fit the bill.
In the meantime, Daniel Craig, aged 50, is gearing up for what should be his fifth and last film in the role of Bond, after Casino Royale (2006), Quantum of Solace (2008), Skyfall (2012), and Spectre (2015).
We don't yet have much information about the new Bond 25 directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, 127 Hours), which should hit cinemas worldwide by 2019.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials