Okitipupa (Ondo State) – An Okitipupa Magistrates’ Court in Ondo State on Friday remanded four men in prison custody over alleged conspiracy, stealing and threat to life.
The defendants, Deji Ibiyemi, 34, a printer, Olaosebikan Akinwale 33, a commercial motorcyclist, Francis Eze, 27, a bricklayer and Aderemi Ayeka, 25, a barber of no fixed addresses are standing trial on four-count charge of conspiracy, felony, stealing and threat to life.
The four men had earlier pleaded not guilty to the charges levelled against them.
The Magistrate, Mr Chris Ojuola, who gave the remand order, said that the defendants should be in prison custody until Aug. 16, pending the determination of their bail terms.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Ayodeji Omoyeigha, told the court that the four men on July 7 around 8:30 p.m. at Sharon Rose junction in Okitipupa conspired to commit felony.
He added that the defendants attempted to steal a red Qlink motorcycle with registration no: Ondo 751 YA valued N150,000 from the owner, one John Sampson.
Omoyeigha said that the four men also threatened to kill one Flourence Iluyemi with cutlass who saw them in the act and raised an alarm.
The prosecutor explained that the offences were contrary and punishable under sections 411, 516, 390(9) and 403 (a), Criminal Code, Cap.37, Vol.1, Laws of Ondo State 2006. (NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials