Abuja – The Police on Friday arraigned a 29-year-old dry cleaner, Benjamin Ayuba in a Kubwa Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, for allegedly selling his customer’s clothes.
The defendant of Kubwa, Abuja, was docked for alleged criminal breach of trust.
The prosecutor, John Okpa, told the court that one Abubakar Abdullahi of Department of State Services (DSS), FCT Command reported the matter at the Kubwa Police Station on Aug. 3.
He said the complainant on May 8, entrusted nine wears valued at N119, 000 to the defendant to wash for him.
He further said the defendant dishonestly sold the said clothes and converted the money to his personal use.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 312 of the Penal Code.
The defendant however pleaded not guilty.
The defence counsel, Anenin Enabosi urged the court to grant his client bail in the most liberal terms, assuring the court that a reasonable surety would be provided.
The judge, Abdulwahab Mohammed, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N200, 000, with one surety in like sum, that must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
He adjourned the matter until Sept. 17 for hearing. (NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool
- Brazil to inject $1.1bn into Nigeria’s agriculture, says envoy
- Musa skips his game to sort out family matter
- Billikisu is NWPL referee of the week
- Uber announces new safety toolkit app for operators
- UBA posts all-time high gross earnings for Q3
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)