Abuja – The Police on Friday arraigned a 29-year-old dry cleaner, Benjamin Ayuba in a Kubwa Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, for allegedly selling his customer’s clothes.
The defendant of Kubwa, Abuja, was docked for alleged criminal breach of trust.
The prosecutor, John Okpa, told the court that one Abubakar Abdullahi of Department of State Services (DSS), FCT Command reported the matter at the Kubwa Police Station on Aug. 3.
He said the complainant on May 8, entrusted nine wears valued at N119, 000 to the defendant to wash for him.
He further said the defendant dishonestly sold the said clothes and converted the money to his personal use.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 312 of the Penal Code.
The defendant however pleaded not guilty.
The defence counsel, Anenin Enabosi urged the court to grant his client bail in the most liberal terms, assuring the court that a reasonable surety would be provided.
The judge, Abdulwahab Mohammed, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N200, 000, with one surety in like sum, that must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
He adjourned the matter until Sept. 17 for hearing. (NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation