After grilling the disgraced DSS boss for hours on Wednesday, and releasing him Thursday, the police has taken another step in the bid squeeze more out of Lawan Daura.
IGP Ibrahim Idris has written to the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, seeking permission to search the residence of the sacked director-general.
In a letter entitled “Interim Investigation Report on Criminal Conspiracy to wit trespass, intimidation and unlawful invasion of National Assembly complex with intent likely to cause breach of public peace,” the IG recommended that the DSS operatives who partook in the invasion must also come for questioning.
Daura has confessed in a statement to the police to have deployed operatives to the National Assembly following an intelligence report that unauthorised persons were planning to smuggle undisclosed dangerous weapons and incriminating items into the National Assembly.
“ I write to most respectfully appraise Your Excellency that following a petition from your esteemed office to investigate and report findings against Lawal Daura, the sacked DG, DSS, a team of cracked operatives headed by Commissioner of Police, Garba Umar, were deployed and take the suspects into custody for interrogation and investigation,” the letter stated in part.
“It was reported that Daura did conspire with his operatives wearing hood and mask to invade the National Assembly complex. They barricaded the road to the assembly and intimidated members of the National Assembly and workers by forcefully preventing them from performing their legitimate and constitutional duties, thereby committing a crime with intent to incite and wipe up sentiments against the Federal Government of Nigeria.
“The principal suspect, Lawal Daura, was formally arrested and interrogated in line with the allegation made against him.”
Daura, before now, had been one of the power cabal believed to be micromanaging President Muhammadu Buhari.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation