After grilling the disgraced DSS boss for hours on Wednesday, and releasing him Thursday, the police has taken another step in the bid squeeze more out of Lawan Daura.
IGP Ibrahim Idris has written to the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, seeking permission to search the residence of the sacked director-general.
In a letter entitled “Interim Investigation Report on Criminal Conspiracy to wit trespass, intimidation and unlawful invasion of National Assembly complex with intent likely to cause breach of public peace,” the IG recommended that the DSS operatives who partook in the invasion must also come for questioning.
Daura has confessed in a statement to the police to have deployed operatives to the National Assembly following an intelligence report that unauthorised persons were planning to smuggle undisclosed dangerous weapons and incriminating items into the National Assembly.
“ I write to most respectfully appraise Your Excellency that following a petition from your esteemed office to investigate and report findings against Lawal Daura, the sacked DG, DSS, a team of cracked operatives headed by Commissioner of Police, Garba Umar, were deployed and take the suspects into custody for interrogation and investigation,” the letter stated in part.
“It was reported that Daura did conspire with his operatives wearing hood and mask to invade the National Assembly complex. They barricaded the road to the assembly and intimidated members of the National Assembly and workers by forcefully preventing them from performing their legitimate and constitutional duties, thereby committing a crime with intent to incite and wipe up sentiments against the Federal Government of Nigeria.
“The principal suspect, Lawal Daura, was formally arrested and interrogated in line with the allegation made against him.”
Daura, before now, had been one of the power cabal believed to be micromanaging President Muhammadu Buhari.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool
- Brazil to inject $1.1bn into Nigeria’s agriculture, says envoy
- Musa skips his game to sort out family matter
- Billikisu is NWPL referee of the week
- Uber announces new safety toolkit app for operators
- UBA posts all-time high gross earnings for Q3
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)