OrderPaper Nigeria has announced the release of the ConsTrack mobile application, a user friendly and innovative tool for citizens to engage elected representatives on constituency projects across the country.
According to Titilope Fadare, Programme Assistant, ConsTrack, the app, which is available for download on both Google Play Store and Apple Store, “empowers citizens to track the implementation of constituency projects and it comes loaded with verified and validated information on the location of the projects, amount appropriated, level of funding provided the implementing ministry, department or agency, status of implementation and the profiles of the legislators concerned.
“With the knowledge and understanding provided by the app and the ensuing engagements, citizens are able to ask the right questions and know how our commonwealth is being expended by government in the name of constituency projects.”
Putting the annual budget allocation by the Federal Government for constituency projects of members of the National Assembly at “at least N100 billion,” Fadare stated that “State Governments also allocate billions annually for these projects under the aegis of members of the state assemblies. However, the constituency projects’ scheme has been entangled in reports of corruption, opacity and non-inclusion in terms of implementation.
“A defining feature of the app is that it allows citizens to track and directly report their findings on the projects either by text, audio or videos with their mobile devices, in the comfort of their neighbourhoods, communities and constituencies. These independent citizens’ reports invariably ignite a chain of updates, reactions and counter reactions from various stakeholders in a continuous stream of engagements.
“The ConsTrack app is importantly also a veritable platform for legislators to tell their success on constituency projects in order to provide a balanced narrative and healthy interface between citizens and their elected representatives in parliament.”
The ConsTrack app is aimed at addressing the controversy that relates to constituency projects to ensure that there are policy reforms along the lines of transparency, accountability and inclusiveness.
According to Fadare, “the release of the app is a culmination of various levels of multi-stakeholder consultations and validation exercises that have spanned over a year. Actors and stakeholders that have been involved in the consultations include legislators in the National and State Assemblies, Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Government, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs), the media, software and IT experts, development practitioners, among others.
“The ConsTrack project is designed and implemented by OrderPaper Nigeria, the country’s authentic citizens-parliament multi-platform interface, and with support from USAID under the Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) project.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials