Reno Omokri, former social media aide to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has questioned the constant labelling of President Muhammadu Buhari’s critics as thieves by Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Omokri was reacting to Oshiomhole’s utterances on Wednesday in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, during a rally organised by the APC to welcome Godswill Akpabio to the party, during which he accused “an old master thief’ Olusegun Obasanjo of grouping “old thieves” against President Muhammadu Buhari.
“It is only in Nigeria that old thieves will be regrouping; they are being organised by an old master thief who spent 16 billion… the more dollars he spent on light, the more darkness you suffered,” Oshiomhole had said.
“Buhari asked: $16billion, where is the power? You say ‘Buhari, why are you asking? How dare you ask? If you ask, we will ask Nigerians to reject you.’ How can a man who has never won his [polling] booth in Ogun State suddenly become a… And look at those who are paying pilgrimage to Ota, who are they? They are the thieves of yesterday, the thieves of today and those are to be thieves tomorrow.”
Responding on Friday, Omokri wondered if other eminent Nigerians who had criticised Buhari in the past, such as First Lady Aisha and Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja Diocese, are thieves as well.
“How can Oshiomhole say ‘@MBuhari’s critics are saboteurs and thieves’? What type of sycophancy is this? @aishambuhari criticised her husband. Is she a thief? Cardinal Onaiyekan criticised Buhari, is he a thief? Those who tell you your mouth stinks are true friends, not enemies!” Omokri tweeted.
“Does Oshiomhole reason? How can he call Obasanjo a thief who is grouping with other thieves? Has he forgotten that Buhari, Tinubu and APC leaders grouped with this same Obasanjo and begged him to be their ‘navigator’ in 2015? If your navigator is a thief, what does that make you?”
How can Oshiomhole say â@MBuhariâs critics are saboteurs and thievesâ? What type of sycophancy is this? @aishambuhari criticised her husband. Is she a thief? Cardinal Onaiyekan criticised Buhari is he a thief? Those who tell you your mouth stinks are true friends, not enemies! pic.twitter.com/N3bgEZpzpY
— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) August 10, 2018
Does Oshiomhole reason? How can he call Obasanjo a thief who is grouping with other thieves? Has he forgotten that Buhari, Tinubu and APC leaders grouped with this same Obasanjo and begged him to be their ânavigatorâ in 2015? If your navigator is a thief, what does that make you?
— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) August 10, 2018
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation