Reno Omokri, former social media aide to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has questioned the constant labelling of President Muhammadu Buhari’s critics as thieves by Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Omokri was reacting to Oshiomhole’s utterances on Wednesday in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, during a rally organised by the APC to welcome Godswill Akpabio to the party, during which he accused “an old master thief’ Olusegun Obasanjo of grouping “old thieves” against President Muhammadu Buhari.
“It is only in Nigeria that old thieves will be regrouping; they are being organised by an old master thief who spent 16 billion… the more dollars he spent on light, the more darkness you suffered,” Oshiomhole had said.
“Buhari asked: $16billion, where is the power? You say ‘Buhari, why are you asking? How dare you ask? If you ask, we will ask Nigerians to reject you.’ How can a man who has never won his [polling] booth in Ogun State suddenly become a… And look at those who are paying pilgrimage to Ota, who are they? They are the thieves of yesterday, the thieves of today and those are to be thieves tomorrow.”
Responding on Friday, Omokri wondered if other eminent Nigerians who had criticised Buhari in the past, such as First Lady Aisha and Cardinal John Onaiyekan, the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja Diocese, are thieves as well.
“How can Oshiomhole say ‘@MBuhari’s critics are saboteurs and thieves’? What type of sycophancy is this? @aishambuhari criticised her husband. Is she a thief? Cardinal Onaiyekan criticised Buhari, is he a thief? Those who tell you your mouth stinks are true friends, not enemies!” Omokri tweeted.
“Does Oshiomhole reason? How can he call Obasanjo a thief who is grouping with other thieves? Has he forgotten that Buhari, Tinubu and APC leaders grouped with this same Obasanjo and begged him to be their ‘navigator’ in 2015? If your navigator is a thief, what does that make you?”
How can Oshiomhole say â@MBuhariâs critics are saboteurs and thievesâ? What type of sycophancy is this? @aishambuhari criticised her husband. Is she a thief? Cardinal Onaiyekan criticised Buhari is he a thief? Those who tell you your mouth stinks are true friends, not enemies! pic.twitter.com/N3bgEZpzpY
— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) August 10, 2018
Does Oshiomhole reason? How can he call Obasanjo a thief who is grouping with other thieves? Has he forgotten that Buhari, Tinubu and APC leaders grouped with this same Obasanjo and begged him to be their ânavigatorâ in 2015? If your navigator is a thief, what does that make you?
— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) August 10, 2018
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials