Frequent cases of missing children in Asaba and its environs in the past few weeks have sparked tension in Delta state, as the trend was attributed to ritualists and ‘Yahoo boys’. People in the area have now cried out that they are under siege.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mustafa Muhammad confirmed to DAILY POST that over 16 cases of missing children in Asaba have been reported in the last one month, adding that “we are thinking there must be members of these ritualists we are yet to uncover. However, we are working with other security agencies to ensure those behind the act are brought to book”.
Since last Thursday, the family of Linus Nwoba are still in rude shock over their missing six-year-old boy.
It was gathered that the missing lad and other members of the family live around Omiregboma camp located in the suburb of Asaba, and had gone out to buy biscuit but did not return home.
Speaking to DAILY POST, the father of the missing boy said, “My son said he was going to buy biscuit… that was all we saw of him. We have searched for him everywhere to no avail. We have reported the matter to the police, he is the only son I have now”.
But the police commissioner, Muhammed, who confirmed the incident, said the police were in search for boy’s whereabouts adding that “We have beamed our search lights to fish out the boy. We call on members of the public to help with useful information that will lead to Chukwudi’s whereabouts”.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed sources say the frequent missing of children in Asaba and environs may not be unconnected with the increasing rate of cyber crime activities often linked to “Yahoo, Yahoo boys” and other youths who are to get rich at all costs.
An Asaba resident, who spoke to DAILY POST on condition of anonymity, said, “Ritual activities to get rich is the major work in Asaba. No more lands to sell. The youths don’t do odd jobs to survive, rather they get involved in Yahoo, Yahoo including ritual activities. They spend money they get through dubious means.”
Investigation revealed that several youths, believed to be involved in “Yahoo, Yahoo” including ritual activities in Asaba, have died in mysterious circumstances, especially with swollen legs and stomach.
Ogbueshi Nwandu Sylvester, who spoke to DAILY POST, said “We are really disturbed here in Asaba. The missing children issues are traced to ritual activities. We have resolved at the elders’ council to place curses on the perpetrators. Asaba is under siege of rituals, and Yahoo, Yahoo activities”.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- SFU exposes bank staffers, criminals forging ATM cards
- Splinter group emerges in APC
- 2019: Buhari remembers Jonathan, tells Kannywood his surprise
- Usain Bolt, Valletta contract goes south
- Injured trio return to training for Liverpool
- Brazil to inject $1.1bn into Nigeria’s agriculture, says envoy
- Musa skips his game to sort out family matter
- Billikisu is NWPL referee of the week
- Uber announces new safety toolkit app for operators
- UBA posts all-time high gross earnings for Q3
- FG proposes N8.6trn for 2019, plans tighter fiscal plan
- Nollywood actor, Lawyer task Federal government on qualitative education
- Ekiti: Fayose tackles Fayemi, DMO over debt profile
- Volunteer Medical Corps ready for 2018 conference
- 95% of workers in mega firms think their cybersecurity culture is poor — report
- FG mandates NCC to ensure even distribution of broadband in Nigeria
- Nigeria to cut down on borrowing spree
- Suspended coach back for NFF/CBN competition
- Girl Who Was R*ped By Lecturer & His Son Has Died (Photos)
- Tinubu Buys Part Of Intels Shares From Atiku?
- See Bishop Oyedepo's Mandate Estate (Photos)
- Did You Know? Eating Too Much Fruits Causes Diabetes
- Governor Ganduje In Trouble As Kano Assembly Begins Action
- First Photos of Ooni Of Ife With His Beautiful Bride in His Palace
- Fayose's Lawyer Reveals What He's Doing To Get Him Out
- Buhari Hosts Kannywood Actors In Aso Rock (Photos)
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu Spotted In Jerusalem
- APC Defies INEC, Submits Candidates For Zamfara
- Dangerous drug for diabetes, cancer in circulation, says NIA
- Oni of Ife sets for another marriage
- 2019: PDP agenda for Saraki forwarded to INEC
- Presidential race 2019: Re-structuring a condition for supporting any candidate – Aare Ganiyu Adams
- Lagos Assembly scraps Visionscape
- Etebo seals image rights deal with Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Police arrest fake lawyer for false information
- NFF President,Governor Bako Lalong to receive football awards in South Africa
- PDP Members Protest Over Osun Election Tribunal
- Fraud: NHIS boss reinstated by Buhari suspended indefinitely
- Sacked Policeman & His Gang Arrested Over Woman’s Murder
- Nigerian Students Made Generator Running On Water (Photos)