Frequent cases of missing children in Asaba and its environs in the past few weeks have sparked tension in Delta state, as the trend was attributed to ritualists and ‘Yahoo boys’. People in the area have now cried out that they are under siege.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mustafa Muhammad confirmed to DAILY POST that over 16 cases of missing children in Asaba have been reported in the last one month, adding that “we are thinking there must be members of these ritualists we are yet to uncover. However, we are working with other security agencies to ensure those behind the act are brought to book”.
Since last Thursday, the family of Linus Nwoba are still in rude shock over their missing six-year-old boy.
It was gathered that the missing lad and other members of the family live around Omiregboma camp located in the suburb of Asaba, and had gone out to buy biscuit but did not return home.
Speaking to DAILY POST, the father of the missing boy said, “My son said he was going to buy biscuit… that was all we saw of him. We have searched for him everywhere to no avail. We have reported the matter to the police, he is the only son I have now”.
But the police commissioner, Muhammed, who confirmed the incident, said the police were in search for boy’s whereabouts adding that “We have beamed our search lights to fish out the boy. We call on members of the public to help with useful information that will lead to Chukwudi’s whereabouts”.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed sources say the frequent missing of children in Asaba and environs may not be unconnected with the increasing rate of cyber crime activities often linked to “Yahoo, Yahoo boys” and other youths who are to get rich at all costs.
An Asaba resident, who spoke to DAILY POST on condition of anonymity, said, “Ritual activities to get rich is the major work in Asaba. No more lands to sell. The youths don’t do odd jobs to survive, rather they get involved in Yahoo, Yahoo including ritual activities. They spend money they get through dubious means.”
Investigation revealed that several youths, believed to be involved in “Yahoo, Yahoo” including ritual activities in Asaba, have died in mysterious circumstances, especially with swollen legs and stomach.
Ogbueshi Nwandu Sylvester, who spoke to DAILY POST, said “We are really disturbed here in Asaba. The missing children issues are traced to ritual activities. We have resolved at the elders’ council to place curses on the perpetrators. Asaba is under siege of rituals, and Yahoo, Yahoo activities”.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation