Frequent cases of missing children in Asaba and its environs in the past few weeks have sparked tension in Delta state, as the trend was attributed to ritualists and ‘Yahoo boys’. People in the area have now cried out that they are under siege.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mustafa Muhammad confirmed to DAILY POST that over 16 cases of missing children in Asaba have been reported in the last one month, adding that “we are thinking there must be members of these ritualists we are yet to uncover. However, we are working with other security agencies to ensure those behind the act are brought to book”.
Since last Thursday, the family of Linus Nwoba are still in rude shock over their missing six-year-old boy.
It was gathered that the missing lad and other members of the family live around Omiregboma camp located in the suburb of Asaba, and had gone out to buy biscuit but did not return home.
Speaking to DAILY POST, the father of the missing boy said, “My son said he was going to buy biscuit… that was all we saw of him. We have searched for him everywhere to no avail. We have reported the matter to the police, he is the only son I have now”.
But the police commissioner, Muhammed, who confirmed the incident, said the police were in search for boy’s whereabouts adding that “We have beamed our search lights to fish out the boy. We call on members of the public to help with useful information that will lead to Chukwudi’s whereabouts”.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed sources say the frequent missing of children in Asaba and environs may not be unconnected with the increasing rate of cyber crime activities often linked to “Yahoo, Yahoo boys” and other youths who are to get rich at all costs.
An Asaba resident, who spoke to DAILY POST on condition of anonymity, said, “Ritual activities to get rich is the major work in Asaba. No more lands to sell. The youths don’t do odd jobs to survive, rather they get involved in Yahoo, Yahoo including ritual activities. They spend money they get through dubious means.”
Investigation revealed that several youths, believed to be involved in “Yahoo, Yahoo” including ritual activities in Asaba, have died in mysterious circumstances, especially with swollen legs and stomach.
Ogbueshi Nwandu Sylvester, who spoke to DAILY POST, said “We are really disturbed here in Asaba. The missing children issues are traced to ritual activities. We have resolved at the elders’ council to place curses on the perpetrators. Asaba is under siege of rituals, and Yahoo, Yahoo activities”.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials