Arewa Solidarity Front wants Akpabio to emerge Senate President, urges Oshimhole to ensure Saraki’s removal
– A northern group is canvassing for Senator Godswill Akpabio to emerge the Senate President
– The group, Arewa Solidarity Front (ASF), say they will get the support of northern senators to ensure Akpabio’s emergence
A northern group under the auspices of Arewa Solidarity Front (ASF), has urged the national chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole to ensure that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki is removed from office and replaced with former minority leader in the Senate, Godswill Akpabio.
The group said say they will get the support of northern senators to ensure Akpabio’s emergence, adding that they have concluded plans, “to secure a minimum of 2 million authentic signatures in favour of the vote-of-no confidence on Saraki by Nigerian voters.”
In a letter presented to Oshiomhole, through the Kaduna state secretary of APC, Mohammed Bello Shuiabu, Chairman of ASF, Haruna Abdullahi Maikano said: “As a group of northerners concerned with the protection and promotion of democratic institutions, we cannot fold our arms and watch a selfish few, trying to truncate democracy and harm our national interest.”
To this end, Maikano urged the APC secretary to ensure that the letter entitled, “Enough of Saraki Anti-Democratic Conduct,” gets to the national chairman of the party.
Part of the letter read: “We resolved to formally write to you and intimate you on the position of the mass majority of northerners regarding the conduct and performance of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
“We have been following with keen interest, happenings in the National Assembly in the last three years and wish to register our disappointment with the poor leadership of the Senate under Senator Bukola Saraki.
“We call on the national leadership of the APC to pursue the immediate removal of the incompetent Senator Bukola Saraki, who emerged Senate President through alleged fraudulent exercise.
“We urge the national chairman to prevail on our distinguished senators to save the image and restore the glory of the Senate by replacing Saraki, who has so far built the image of a leader with too many pending court cases.”
Meanwhile, a former chieftain of the APC, Comrade Timi Frank, has asked the public to dismiss what he described as “misinformation and a cheap blackmail,” suggesting Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, has close ties with sacked Directorate of State Security (DSS) boss, Mr Lawal Daura.
He, however called on Acting President Yemi Osinbajo to investigate the circumstances that led to the invasion of the DSS by masked DSS operatives.
Comrade Frank asked Osinbajo to look the way of APC national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomohle, his deputy Niyi Adebayo, the chief of staff to the president Abba Kyari and Daura in his the investigations.
Nigeria Latest News How Masked DSS Gunmen Stormed the National Assembly (The True Story) Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Senate confirms Buhari’s nominees
- CAC registers 39,074 new business names in two months under N5,000 fees strategy
- Crisis rocks Sanwo-Olu’s campaign organization
- APC questions Okorocha, six others over anti-party activities
- Buhari defends Governor Ganduje on $5m bribe video at Town-hall Interactive Programme
- Uproars over directive to freeze CJN Onnoghen’s accounts
- PDP says Osinbajo lied
- How CUPP leaked plot to freeze Onnoghen’s accounts
- Agbakoba files suit asking Court to stop Onnoghen’s arraignment
- Even at expense of my life, I’ll privatize NNPC, says Atiku
- North ready to embrace restructuring, says el-Rufai
- Here's Man Who R*ped 78yrs Old Woman In Lagos... He has been dragged to court
- Buhari Raises Alarm: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria
- IGP Adamu Talks Tough, Blames Poor Leadership For Problems In Nigeria Police
- Nigeria’s inflation rate shots up in December – NBS
- Theresa May survives No Confidence Vote
- Rich Kidnapper Evans Makes More Revelations
- I Feel Sad Over CJN Onnoghen's Trial – Osinbajo
- CCTV Captures The Shocking Moment Thief Scaled Fence Into A House In Lagos
- PHOTO: Atiku Bows As He Meets Ooni Of Ife
- MC Oluomo Discharged From Lagos Hospital (Photos)
- Falana Opens Up: Dangerous Precedents Being Set In CJN Case
- So Sad! Husband, Wife & Their Son Die In Terrible Accident
- Reactions Trailing FG's Latest Action Against CJN Onnoghen
- I Will Privatize NNPC, It's A Mafia Organization – Atiku
- New IGP Gives First Order To All Police Officers
- Good Doctor Hurries To Help Victims Of A Car Crash Only To Find His Fiancee Dead In The Wreckage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- NWPL Super 4: Okon says Lagos is fertile ground for Rivers Angels
- Top 10 players to look out for in the 2018 NWPL Super 4
- Messi hungry for more after reaching 400 La Liga goals
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Kathryn Mayorga lawyer to meet Jasmine Lennard
- SAR operatives get PDP gov. into trouble
- NFF sympathises with Kanu, calls on police to track down burglars
- CJN Onnoghen Saga: FG Asks NFIU To Freeze His Accounts
- Mba returns as Force spokesperson
- Nigeria has a date with destiny in 2019 – Saraki
- Onnoghen: Osinbajo says Buhari knew about CJN trial Saturday
- Ex-NAF chief forfeits billions to FG