Arewa Solidarity Front wants Akpabio to emerge Senate President, urges Oshimhole to ensure Saraki’s removal
– A northern group is canvassing for Senator Godswill Akpabio to emerge the Senate President
– The group, Arewa Solidarity Front (ASF), say they will get the support of northern senators to ensure Akpabio’s emergence
A northern group under the auspices of Arewa Solidarity Front (ASF), has urged the national chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole to ensure that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki is removed from office and replaced with former minority leader in the Senate, Godswill Akpabio.
The group said say they will get the support of northern senators to ensure Akpabio’s emergence, adding that they have concluded plans, “to secure a minimum of 2 million authentic signatures in favour of the vote-of-no confidence on Saraki by Nigerian voters.”
In a letter presented to Oshiomhole, through the Kaduna state secretary of APC, Mohammed Bello Shuiabu, Chairman of ASF, Haruna Abdullahi Maikano said: “As a group of northerners concerned with the protection and promotion of democratic institutions, we cannot fold our arms and watch a selfish few, trying to truncate democracy and harm our national interest.”
To this end, Maikano urged the APC secretary to ensure that the letter entitled, “Enough of Saraki Anti-Democratic Conduct,” gets to the national chairman of the party.
Part of the letter read: “We resolved to formally write to you and intimate you on the position of the mass majority of northerners regarding the conduct and performance of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
“We have been following with keen interest, happenings in the National Assembly in the last three years and wish to register our disappointment with the poor leadership of the Senate under Senator Bukola Saraki.
“We call on the national leadership of the APC to pursue the immediate removal of the incompetent Senator Bukola Saraki, who emerged Senate President through alleged fraudulent exercise.
“We urge the national chairman to prevail on our distinguished senators to save the image and restore the glory of the Senate by replacing Saraki, who has so far built the image of a leader with too many pending court cases.”
Meanwhile, a former chieftain of the APC, Comrade Timi Frank, has asked the public to dismiss what he described as “misinformation and a cheap blackmail,” suggesting Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, has close ties with sacked Directorate of State Security (DSS) boss, Mr Lawal Daura.
He, however called on Acting President Yemi Osinbajo to investigate the circumstances that led to the invasion of the DSS by masked DSS operatives.
Comrade Frank asked Osinbajo to look the way of APC national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomohle, his deputy Niyi Adebayo, the chief of staff to the president Abba Kyari and Daura in his the investigations.
Nigeria Latest News How Masked DSS Gunmen Stormed the National Assembly (The True Story) Naij.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation