The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole, made the description on Thursday while speaking at the party’s mega rally at Kangiwa Square, in Daura, the hometown of President Buhari on Thursday.
Mr Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo State, said saboteurs where bent on promoting lies to resist the change being introduced by the Buhari-led administration aimed at alleviating the plights of Nigerians.
For critics he said their handiwork was to misguide Nigerians so that things would continue the way they were during the previous administration when “looting was in vogue in Nigeria.”
“Buhari’s critics are saboteurs and thieves of a government that is working hard to clean the Augean stable of the mess created by the previous administration in Nigeria,” Oshiomhole said.
“Those critics are making it difficult for Nigerians to see the legacy the President is leaving behind for them under this administration,” he added.
The APC national chairman said Buhari’s programmes and policies were geared towards bringing the country out of the political, social and economic morass it was enmeshed in during PDP 16 years of misrule.
He argued that the critics who claimed that Buhari administration had failed were merely promoting the kind of propaganda that would help foster their own political interest ahead of 2019 general elections, which he said they would fail woefully.
Oshiomhole reiterated that Buhari had done a lot to save the Nigerian economy, which was tottering towards an eclipse, thereby making it easy for Nigerians to have access to soft loans and other resources they need in their small and medium scale enterprises as well as farming.
Addressing APC stalwarts at the rally, the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, urged the people to cast their votes for the APC candidates in order for the party to maintain it majority at the Senate.
“You know that Katsina state and even this particularly constituency is the constituency of Mr. President, so every vote for Hon. Ahmed Baba Kaita is the vote for Mr. President.
“We must have a majority in the senate because politics is about numbers. So we must make sure that we vote him because we want to maintain our majority,” Osinbajo said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian Man, Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In US (Photos)
- How APC, Presidency Dribble Shehu Sani - Senator Ben Bruce
- Woman Leading Kidnap & Robbery Gang Finally Arrested
- Atiku Agrees To Give Office Of SGF To Yorubas
- Angry DPO Brutalises Innocent Man For Causing His Transfer
- Fayose In Lagos, Ready For His Court Trial Today
- I Won't Come Back To Face Trial In Court, says Nnamdi Kanu
- Senior Female Police Officer Kidnapped In Broad Daylight?
- Aisha Buhari Stops Oshiomhole From Entering Their House?
- How God Saved A Yong Lady From Ritualists
- Peter Obi Visits Ohaneze Ndigbo President (Photos)
- Update On Pastor Whose Corpse Was Found With Friend and A Married Woman
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ooni's New Wife Called Herself A "Queen" Over A Year Ago
- What gas flaring costs Nigeria annually- Expert
- Atiku courts Southwest with SGF slot
- How Atiku betrayed Ekweremadu, others
- Labour to embark on another nationwide strike
- Photos Of Fayose At The Airport
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- "Only Buhari Can Fire Me" - Suspended NHIS Boss Insists
- Man Finds Out His Wife Got Pregnant For 4 Men; DNA Shows He's Not The Father Of Their 4 Kids
- Yahoo Boy Kills Policeman While Trying To Evade Arrest In Delta
- Ex-Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi Dies In London Hospital
- I Will Still Contest In 2019 - Senator Shehu Sani
- Fayose Leaves EFCC Office As He Flies To Lagos
- Nigerian Man Weds Beautiful Oyinbo Woman In Style (Photos)
- Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 55 People In Kaduna Violence
- PHOTOS: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To First Child At 67
- Ambode In Trouble? Plot To Impeach Him Hots Up
- Questions Reuters, Aljazeera, the Economist, AP, others ask Lai about Atiku, PDP
- Omawumi Describes Buhari As "Incompetent Old Man"
- PDP Says Female Appeal Court President Is Close To APC
- Police Officers’ Wives Rescued From Deadly Kidnappers
- PDP Headquarters Gives Tambuwal Sokoto Guber Ticket
- Nigerian Prince Weds 2 Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos)
- Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose (DETAILS)
- Mbaka To Atiku: Don't Be Like Buhari If You Become President
- Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo To End Her Life?
- After working for APC; Omisore, Obanikoro, get their passports from EFCC