The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole, made the description on Thursday while speaking at the party’s mega rally at Kangiwa Square, in Daura, the hometown of President Buhari on Thursday.
Mr Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo State, said saboteurs where bent on promoting lies to resist the change being introduced by the Buhari-led administration aimed at alleviating the plights of Nigerians.
For critics he said their handiwork was to misguide Nigerians so that things would continue the way they were during the previous administration when “looting was in vogue in Nigeria.”
“Buhari’s critics are saboteurs and thieves of a government that is working hard to clean the Augean stable of the mess created by the previous administration in Nigeria,” Oshiomhole said.
“Those critics are making it difficult for Nigerians to see the legacy the President is leaving behind for them under this administration,” he added.
The APC national chairman said Buhari’s programmes and policies were geared towards bringing the country out of the political, social and economic morass it was enmeshed in during PDP 16 years of misrule.
He argued that the critics who claimed that Buhari administration had failed were merely promoting the kind of propaganda that would help foster their own political interest ahead of 2019 general elections, which he said they would fail woefully.
Oshiomhole reiterated that Buhari had done a lot to save the Nigerian economy, which was tottering towards an eclipse, thereby making it easy for Nigerians to have access to soft loans and other resources they need in their small and medium scale enterprises as well as farming.
Addressing APC stalwarts at the rally, the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, urged the people to cast their votes for the APC candidates in order for the party to maintain it majority at the Senate.
“You know that Katsina state and even this particularly constituency is the constituency of Mr. President, so every vote for Hon. Ahmed Baba Kaita is the vote for Mr. President.
“We must have a majority in the senate because politics is about numbers. So we must make sure that we vote him because we want to maintain our majority,” Osinbajo said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation