The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole, made the description on Thursday while speaking at the party’s mega rally at Kangiwa Square, in Daura, the hometown of President Buhari on Thursday.
Mr Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo State, said saboteurs where bent on promoting lies to resist the change being introduced by the Buhari-led administration aimed at alleviating the plights of Nigerians.
For critics he said their handiwork was to misguide Nigerians so that things would continue the way they were during the previous administration when “looting was in vogue in Nigeria.”
“Buhari’s critics are saboteurs and thieves of a government that is working hard to clean the Augean stable of the mess created by the previous administration in Nigeria,” Oshiomhole said.
“Those critics are making it difficult for Nigerians to see the legacy the President is leaving behind for them under this administration,” he added.
The APC national chairman said Buhari’s programmes and policies were geared towards bringing the country out of the political, social and economic morass it was enmeshed in during PDP 16 years of misrule.
He argued that the critics who claimed that Buhari administration had failed were merely promoting the kind of propaganda that would help foster their own political interest ahead of 2019 general elections, which he said they would fail woefully.
Oshiomhole reiterated that Buhari had done a lot to save the Nigerian economy, which was tottering towards an eclipse, thereby making it easy for Nigerians to have access to soft loans and other resources they need in their small and medium scale enterprises as well as farming.
Addressing APC stalwarts at the rally, the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, urged the people to cast their votes for the APC candidates in order for the party to maintain it majority at the Senate.
“You know that Katsina state and even this particularly constituency is the constituency of Mr. President, so every vote for Hon. Ahmed Baba Kaita is the vote for Mr. President.
“We must have a majority in the senate because politics is about numbers. So we must make sure that we vote him because we want to maintain our majority,” Osinbajo said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Senate confirms Buhari’s nominees
- CAC registers 39,074 new business names in two months under N5,000 fees strategy
- Crisis rocks Sanwo-Olu’s campaign organization
- APC questions Okorocha, six others over anti-party activities
- Buhari defends Governor Ganduje on $5m bribe video at Town-hall Interactive Programme
- Uproars over directive to freeze CJN Onnoghen’s accounts
- PDP says Osinbajo lied
- How CUPP leaked plot to freeze Onnoghen’s accounts
- Agbakoba files suit asking Court to stop Onnoghen’s arraignment
- Even at expense of my life, I’ll privatize NNPC, says Atiku
- North ready to embrace restructuring, says el-Rufai
- Here's Man Who R*ped 78yrs Old Woman In Lagos... He has been dragged to court
- Buhari Raises Alarm: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria
- IGP Adamu Talks Tough, Blames Poor Leadership For Problems In Nigeria Police
- Nigeria’s inflation rate shots up in December – NBS
- Theresa May survives No Confidence Vote
- Rich Kidnapper Evans Makes More Revelations
- I Feel Sad Over CJN Onnoghen's Trial – Osinbajo
- CCTV Captures The Shocking Moment Thief Scaled Fence Into A House In Lagos
- PHOTO: Atiku Bows As He Meets Ooni Of Ife
- MC Oluomo Discharged From Lagos Hospital (Photos)
- Falana Opens Up: Dangerous Precedents Being Set In CJN Case
- So Sad! Husband, Wife & Their Son Die In Terrible Accident
- Reactions Trailing FG's Latest Action Against CJN Onnoghen
- I Will Privatize NNPC, It's A Mafia Organization – Atiku
- New IGP Gives First Order To All Police Officers
- Good Doctor Hurries To Help Victims Of A Car Crash Only To Find His Fiancee Dead In The Wreckage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- NWPL Super 4: Okon says Lagos is fertile ground for Rivers Angels
- Top 10 players to look out for in the 2018 NWPL Super 4
- Messi hungry for more after reaching 400 La Liga goals
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Kathryn Mayorga lawyer to meet Jasmine Lennard
- SAR operatives get PDP gov. into trouble
- NFF sympathises with Kanu, calls on police to track down burglars
- CJN Onnoghen Saga: FG Asks NFIU To Freeze His Accounts
- Mba returns as Force spokesperson
- Nigeria has a date with destiny in 2019 – Saraki
- Onnoghen: Osinbajo says Buhari knew about CJN trial Saturday
- Ex-NAF chief forfeits billions to FG