He stated this at the ongoing ministers’ conference of the mission holding at the Redemption Camp, Mowe, Ogun State. The four-day annual conference is expected to come to a close this evening while the 66th annual convention will start on Monday and last for six days.
RCCG is believed to be the biggest Pentecostal mission in Africa with branches in more than 100 countries around the world.
According to Pastor Adeboye, God has not told me about any successor at all, whether you believe it or not.
“Elijah knew before Elisha knew that he would succeed him, Moses also knew that Joshua would succeed him and likewise Eli knew before Samuel and not the other way round and therefore, God will tell me first before any other person about who will become my successor as a general overseer.
“So, those of you who are carrying rumour of who would be my successor or claiming to be the one that God had chosen should desist from such act as God had not shown me anybody yet.
”Some even said I would hand over to Bishop David Oyedepo, some said to Pastor Joe Olaiya because the two are very close to me that they do minister during our major events such as the conventions, Holy Ghost congresses and yet another quarter said one of my sons is the one succeeding me.
“But I would advice you to always check sources of your information before believing such information and also to focus on whatever you are doing rather than spreading rumour.
“So, let me say it loud and clear again that God has not told me who my successor is.
“What God had told me several years ago was that He would tell me who my successor would be at least five years before I would be called home and as at this now, He had not told me anything as regards that, which means He is not ready to call me home in the next five years.”
Pastor Adeboye, however, declared that he ‘pity’ who would eventually emerge as his successor because such a person would have to pray more than I do and has to sacrifice a lot also.
“Because I know how many hours I pray a day and I can count how many days I eat in a year too.
“So, whoever that will take over from me, such person will have to surpass me and God will have mercy on the person.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How Barcelona honors Ousmane Dembele, deal partners
- APC lists 10 sins of Saraki
- Saraki Reacts To Tinubu's Allegations
- Senators tell APC to end search for scapegoats Saraki
- Rising disquiets over Ajimonbi’s demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s Radio House
- Saraki exposes Buhari-Tinubu succession pact for 2023
- UNILAG to launch centres of excellence to boost research
- We will send APC packing from Lagos – ADP
- NECO results: Students performed better in 2018, says Registrar
- Ayefele lied, Ajimobi not responsible for demolition – OYSG
- ITF organises campaigns on management of modern libraries
- Real Madrid on a move to steal a Barcelona player
- ATM dominates Banking transactions in Q2 2018
- APC Says Saraki Will Rather Rule In Hell Than Serve In Paradise
- Meet The Newly Elected NBA President
- See Nigerian Female Welder Doing Her Job Professionally
- Tambuwal Replies Tinubu
- 65yrs Old Woman Graduates (Masters) From Covenant University
- See Baby Girl With Brain Tumour Who Miraculously Recovered After Pope Francis Kissed Her
- After 5 zeroes taken off, a roll of tissue paper sells for 2.6 million bolivars in Venezuela
- Female IPOB Members Faint In Court, Rushed To Hospital (Pics)
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation