The gubernatorial candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic party (PDP) for the July 14 election in Ekiti state have both snubbed the election debate currently ongoing at Damlek multipurpose hall and event centre in Ado Ekiti.
NAIJ.com observes that Dr Kayode Fayemi of the APC and Professor Olusola Eleka failed to show up despite the fact that the event which was packaged by Television Continental in partnership with Enough is Enough Nigeria (EIE) was moved from the advertised 6pm to 7pm.
Dr Kayode Fayemi of the APC and Professor Olusola Eleka of the PDP failed to show up at the Ekiti state election debate in Ado Ekiti. Credit: Emmanuel Osodi
Only three candidates showed up at the debate and they include Abiodun Aluko of Accord Party, Akinloye Aiyebusi of Socialist Democratic Party and Segun Adewale – Advanced Democratic Party.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that despite all the controversies surrounding the forthcoming election in Ekiti state and most especially the heated discussion it generated on social media, Ado-Ekiti, the state capital of Ekiti state, on Thursday, July 12, was calm and quiet.
NAIJ.com observed residents of the state capital moving about their daily duties normally without the usual clusters of people in newspaper stands or in some corners of the city as obtainable in previous elections in different locations in Nigeria.
Ekiti 2018: Water tight security in Ado-Ekiti as INEC expects election materials – On NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari Appoints Ex-CBN Deputy Governor, Tunde Lemo, As FERMA Chairman
- Woman Who Just Got Married Killed In Katsina Flood, Body Found In Niger Republic
- Dino Melaye Ignores Threats, Commissions Projects In Kogi (Pics)
- We Fear For 2019: Ekiti Election Was For The Highest Bidder, says Anti-Corruption Group
- How Robber Charmed SARS Operatives To Escape From Custody - Robber's Girlfriend
- British Man Plots To Kill Female Prime Minister (Pics & Details)
- Tanker Loaded With Petrol Falls & Spills Content In Lagos; Apapa Residents Raise Alarm
- Finally, FG unveils name, logo of new national carrier
- STRANGE! Female Student Becomes 'Possessed' During Lecture, Loses Consciousness
- All PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet Gov. Tambuwal In Sokoto
- APC crisis: 9 Governors, 31 Senators, 54 Reps, behind R-APC to unseat Buhari
- Another letter: OBJ attacks Buhari again
- Bride drowned in Katisna flood found in Niger Republic
- APC Replies PDP: We Dare You To Go To Court With Your Facts
- 2019: Saraki Meets 4 Governors, Top Politicians; To Dump APC?
- Married Woman Dies After Surgery To Increase Her Buttocks, Doctor On The Run
- Police Dismiss Inspector For Giving Out Information...
- Police Helicopter Threatening My Life - Fayose
- "This Is My First Time" - Kidnapper Begs, Reveals How Much He Got
- See The All New 2019 Honda Pilot (Photos)
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Declares To Contest For Governor In Enugu Under APC
- Most Wanted Armed Robber 'Agbara' Shot Dead By Police
- APC crisis: Secondus woes Gemade, Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Ahmed
- Yummy Bread and Egg Recipe To Try Out
- NYSC Announces Date For Batch B, Stream 1 Orientation
- How Abuja Airport Road Has Sent Many People To Their Graves
- Dino Melaye Reacts To The Burning Down Of His School Projects By Hoodlums In Kogi
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari; Says The Govt. Is Incompetent, Confused
- Twin Brothers Die In Accident After Visiting Mother
- "We Now Have Facts On How Ekiti Election Was Rigged" – PDP
- IGP Idris Must End Killing Of Policemen Now – House of Reps
- Top Officials In Trouble As FG Uncovers N62.5bn Fraud In NSITF
- Senate Probes Kachikwu Over Alleged Oil & Gas "Deals"
- Police Arrest & Parade Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibokgirls
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Drives A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos)
- First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Still Looking Graceful At 86
- Woman Walked Out Of This Accident, Husband Appreciates God
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival