The gubernatorial candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic party (PDP) for the July 14 election in Ekiti state have both snubbed the election debate currently ongoing at Damlek multipurpose hall and event centre in Ado Ekiti.
NAIJ.com observes that Dr Kayode Fayemi of the APC and Professor Olusola Eleka failed to show up despite the fact that the event which was packaged by Television Continental in partnership with Enough is Enough Nigeria (EIE) was moved from the advertised 6pm to 7pm.
Dr Kayode Fayemi of the APC and Professor Olusola Eleka of the PDP failed to show up at the Ekiti state election debate in Ado Ekiti. Credit: Emmanuel Osodi
Only three candidates showed up at the debate and they include Abiodun Aluko of Accord Party, Akinloye Aiyebusi of Socialist Democratic Party and Segun Adewale – Advanced Democratic Party.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that despite all the controversies surrounding the forthcoming election in Ekiti state and most especially the heated discussion it generated on social media, Ado-Ekiti, the state capital of Ekiti state, on Thursday, July 12, was calm and quiet.
NAIJ.com observed residents of the state capital moving about their daily duties normally without the usual clusters of people in newspaper stands or in some corners of the city as obtainable in previous elections in different locations in Nigeria.
Ekiti 2018: Water tight security in Ado-Ekiti as INEC expects election materials – On NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban
- Truck Driver Loses Control, Crushes Married Woman To Death
- The Rise Of Peter Obi
- Okonjo-Iweala Debunks Reports Of Endorsing Buhari
- I Never Took A Dime From Any Political Candidate - Oyedepo
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Travel ban: Atiku, Falana whack Buhari
- Ighalo redeems his image in Super Eagles
- Patrick Baumann,rising star in Olympic circles, dies at 51
- Nigerian Army football team wins National League, gains promotion
- 60,000 children die yearly of Diarrhea in Nigeria, says WaterAid
- 2019: Buhari begins massive clampdown on opposition
- Crawford retains WBO Welterweight title against Jose Benavidez Jr