– The local currency maintains the same rate against Dollar at parallel market
– The local currency also retained its rate against Pound and Euro
– The Naira closed at N361 to a Dollar, N419 to Euro while the Pound traded at N480
The Nigerian Naira on Thursday, July 12, retained its rate at the parallel market against Dollar.
According to NAIJ.com findings, the local currency maintained the same rates of N361 against Dollar, N419 to Euro and N480 to Pound as it was on Wednesday, July 11.
The naira has remained stable across the foreign exchange market due to the intervention of the CBN.
Naira maintains strength against Dollar
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Nigerian currency was 10 kobo stronger than N358.60 to the dollar traded on Tuesday, July 10, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N478 and N417.5, respectively.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC) window, the Naira closed at N360 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N478 and N417.5, respectively.
Trading at the investors’ window saw the Naira close at N361.87 with a daily turnover of 168.74 million dollars, while the naira closed at N305.75 at the CBN window.
Traders expressed optimism that the naira might appreciate further at the market as the CBN continues to boost liquidity.
Can 1 Naira ever become 1 US dollar again on the Forex market? – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Osun Rerun: How Omisore could help Tinubu, APC retain Osun on Thursday
- No live lost in Confluence Queens car accident
- Bring all football family together, NMJ charges newly elected board
- Nigeria Cadets Handball Team qualify for World Championship
- Ruthless Enyimba zoom to semi final of CAF Confederation cup
- Pinnick hails Enyimba, demands self-belief against Raja
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not attend Best Gala
- Osun Rerun Election: PDP To Join Forces With Omisore, Others
- Pregnant Woman, Husband Dies After Eating Poisoned Food... rats also eat the food and die
- Oshiomhole’s Former Spokesman Decamps To PDP
- Billionaire Tax Debtors: FIRS Recovers Over N12bn
- Husband Stabs Neighbour Who Tried To Settle Him & His Wife
- APC Is Losing As All They Talk Is Corruption, Without Performing – Junaid
- Woman Arrested For Bitting Her Own House-help
- Massive Floods Kill Over 100 Nigerians In Few Weeks
- Tinunu's Boys "Defeat" By Dancing Senator: How Will It Affect His Power In Lagos?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos)
- PDP Rejects Inconclusive Election; INEC Accused of Bias, Fraud
- Suspected iPhone Thief Caught and Disgraced In Oshodi, Lagos
- INEC: Only votes of Osun people will determine next governor
- See What A Wicked Uncle Did To 11-Year-Old Girl In Lagos
- We're Happy Osun Election Was Declared Inconclusive - APC
- Three Friends Arrested For Robbery & R*ping A Young Lady
- Ambode to Exit APC? Ward Chairmen Have Endorsed Sanwo-Olu
- Senate, House of Reps Will No Longer Resume This Month
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director