A week ago, the Wizkid-assisted remix to Ivorian afrowave singer, Afro B's "Drogba (Joanna)" finally dropped, and it was as solid as we expected it to be. Now, it looks like the iconic footballer that the song is named after is interested in appearing in the remix's upcoming music video.
The original song, which dropped earlier this year, was an unexpected hit, spawning a viral dance challenge and nabbing the attention of some really big stars — including Wizkid, who actually asked to be on the remix; and Didier Drogba, who was seen singing and dancing along to the track.
Now, in response to a fan who suggested that a cameo from Drogba would be an "excellent finish", the Ivorian football legend has taken to Twitter to indicate his interest in making an appearance — an idea that both Wizkid and Afro B say they are down for.
« Big package eeeh, how do we manage eeeh »— Didier Drogba (@didierdrogba) July 11, 2018
what do u think @AfroB_ @wizkidayo or https://t.co/ZaLppdG1Ey
Speaking with Soccer Bible about what inspired him to name-drop Drogba, Afro B said:
"I have a great deal of pride of where I’m from; mentioning Drogba’s reflects that I’m proud to be an Ivorian living the UK.
Drogba is an icon in my country. He goes beyond being a football player... [He] is an excellent role model!"
While we don't know if they'll actually make this cameo happen — it seems they're already done shooting the music video — it would be a really nice touch to see the football star flexing his skills in a song that's inspired by his awesomeness.[embedded content]
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him
- NFF asks Shehu Dikko to step aside as LMC Chairman
- “How Ministers Knelt Before Abacha In Fear” - Donald Duke
- Commissioner Of Police Injured In The Head By Angry Nigerians, Rushed To Hospital
- How Deadly Flood Killed 44, Destroy 500 Houses In Katsina
- 4th Prince Kazeem Eletu Ramadan Football Competition Finals Holds Sunday
- Beautiful Lady Accused Of Snatching Friend's Husband Dies
- Final Year Student Falls Inside Well, Dies During Chase By SARS
- This Lady Survived Cancer Against All Odds (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad
- Oshiomhole Reacts To Killings, Gov. Ortom's Exit From APC
- 'Killer' Of Ex-Deputy Governor's Daughter Remanded In Prison
- Fayose Replies Presidency: "Buhari Should Bury His Head In Shame"
- Female Student Deceived, R*ped By Alfa In Lagos
- Ekiti Election: INEC Dares PDP To Go To Court
- Presidency Says Buhari Has Done A Lot About Killings (Details)
- Gang Members Arrested For Robbing Women
- Policemen Extort N100,000 From Building Contractor, Threaten To Kill Him (Evidence)
- Ex-NSA Dasuki Perfects His Bail Conditions, To Regain Freedom
- Kano fire service saves 669 lives, N2.2 bn goods
- Benue governor, Ortom finally quits APC
- Cybercrime: Benin Republic sentences Nigerian students to jail
- Crisis rock Osun APC as party suspends chairman, secretary
- “Why we appointed Ali Modu Sheriff as Buhari campaign manager”
- APC tackles Saraki as another coalition linked to him
- Governor Ortom Dumps APC
- Photos Of Ronaldo Undergoing Medical As He Moves To Juventus
- See Damages Caused By Heavy Rain In Katsina, 25 Killed
- Why ICC invites only Buhari of all world leaders
- Dogara aide dumps APC
- $680m: Oando boss, Tinubu in another messy court case
- Protesters hold bank to ransom in Lagos