The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Adedamola Kuti, has revealed that the Federal Government is having consultations with stakeholders on the closure of the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos for repairs. He explained that the Ministry of Works would hold meetings to discuss how to manage traffic during the repairs.
The Federal Controller indicated that stakeholders who would be attending the meeting to discuss the repairs include traffic regulatory agencies, transport unions, truck owners and drivers’ unions, law enforcement agents, among others.
National Daily gathered that no specific date for the closure of the Bridge or commencement and duration of repairs was given, Kuti, however, said that the bridge may be “shut 12 midnight on Thursday, tests conducted, followed by repairs and open it to traffic by midnight on Sunday.” He added that six other damaged bridges across the state are already undergoing maintenance and rehabilitation.
Kuti had declared: “The Federal Executive Council has approved the maintenance work on the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State.
“The project has taken off already and in carrying out the work, we may at certain times be shutting down the bridge for maintenance.
“At the moment, we may begin with tests on the bridge, so, we may shut it by 12 midnight on Thursday and carry out tests and some repairs and open it to traffic by midnight on Sunday.
“We have contracts on maintenance of some of the bridges in Lagos.
“We are completing maintenance work on the expansion joints on the Coconut Bridge. We are expecting the contractor to start work on the Independence Bridge in Lagos. There is repair work going on currently on the Apapa Bridge, that is, Ijora/Leventis Bridge.
“Maintenance work is ongoing on the Ijora-7up Bridge; we are also changing the expansion joints.
“On the bridge around the National Stadium area, we are putting covers to all the stolen manholes; we are replacing the steel covers from stadium to Costain.”
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident
- Obasanjo sues journalist who accused him of killing Bola Ige
- DSTV: Subscribers demand pay-as-you-view billing system
- See Covenant University VC's Beautiful Wife & Kids (Photos)
- 2019: What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari
- Buhari Campaign Faults Atiku
- See What Woman Did To This Man In Delta (Graphic Photo)
- Atiku Reacts As Service Chiefs Attend Buhari's APC Political Campaign Launch
- Dejan Lovren: we shut Spain up
- Ronaldo and Georgina in church in Turin: wedding preparations?
- Juventus wants Asensio
- Bride & Groom Killed In Road Crash On Way To Their Wedding
- Missing Delta Student Found Dead; Tongue, Br*asts Removed
- Call Me Bastard If Buhari Doesn't Change Nigeria If Re-elected, says Okupe's Son