By Eric Ugbor
ABA—A group known as Abia For Good Governance, AGG, has lambasted and described as a deceit, the decision of the Abia state government to lift the long standing embargo on employment into the civil service of the state.
The group in a statement made available to Vanguard yesterday in Aba and signed by its President, Mr Jude Udensi and Secretary, Chidi Nwanosike Jnr respectively, accused the state government of using employment as a ploy to hoodwink Abia indigenes into voting Ikpeazu for a second term in 2019.
The Abia State Government had few days ago, through the office of the Head of Service, announced that it has lifted the embargo by the previous government for the employment of indigenes of the state into the civil service.
As at yesterday, over 20,000 unemployed youths in the state from the 17 local government areas have besieged the state Civil Service Commission in Umuahia jostling to obtain forms for the employment programme of the state government.
But AGG told Abians not to be deceived by the announcement of the state government to offer employment to them, alleging that the government was deceiving the people.
AGG said: “How can a government that has not been able to pay workers salaries since its assumption in 2015 come out in the third year of her administration promising to give the people job just to gain popularity and surreptiously, deceive the people into voting them back in 2019?
“Primary and secondary school teachers are owed salaries over six and seven months in the state. Some MDAs are owed above that while pensioners have continued to suffer and many civil servants are dead due to over 23 months owed them by the present government.
“So, where would a government that is owing this backlog of wages without any concrete plans and hope of offsetting the huge debt get the money to pay the potential recruits? Don’t you see a deceit of the highest magnitude?”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria