By Eric Ugbor
ABA—A group known as Abia For Good Governance, AGG, has lambasted and described as a deceit, the decision of the Abia state government to lift the long standing embargo on employment into the civil service of the state.
The group in a statement made available to Vanguard yesterday in Aba and signed by its President, Mr Jude Udensi and Secretary, Chidi Nwanosike Jnr respectively, accused the state government of using employment as a ploy to hoodwink Abia indigenes into voting Ikpeazu for a second term in 2019.
The Abia State Government had few days ago, through the office of the Head of Service, announced that it has lifted the embargo by the previous government for the employment of indigenes of the state into the civil service.
As at yesterday, over 20,000 unemployed youths in the state from the 17 local government areas have besieged the state Civil Service Commission in Umuahia jostling to obtain forms for the employment programme of the state government.
But AGG told Abians not to be deceived by the announcement of the state government to offer employment to them, alleging that the government was deceiving the people.
AGG said: “How can a government that has not been able to pay workers salaries since its assumption in 2015 come out in the third year of her administration promising to give the people job just to gain popularity and surreptiously, deceive the people into voting them back in 2019?
“Primary and secondary school teachers are owed salaries over six and seven months in the state. Some MDAs are owed above that while pensioners have continued to suffer and many civil servants are dead due to over 23 months owed them by the present government.
“So, where would a government that is owing this backlog of wages without any concrete plans and hope of offsetting the huge debt get the money to pay the potential recruits? Don’t you see a deceit of the highest magnitude?”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP chairman rates Atiku candidacy in opposition party
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Ticket
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: "They Want To Kill Me"
- PDP Engages Top SAN To Lead Battle Against APC's Fayemi
- Good Man Drowns After Rescuing Pregnant Woman
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Upsetting R-APC Defection Plan?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports
- Woman Sets House On Fire Because She Was Not Invited To A Party
- This New Pocket-sized Drone Takes Selfie To A New Level
- Story of Nigerian Billionaire Who Owns 5 Airports In The UK
- Midnight Fire Razes Hundreds Of Shops In Jos Main Market
- Saraki Rejects Buhari's Plea? Summons Loyalist On Defection
- Nursing Mother and Her Kids Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone
- Gowon stirs Buhari anger as he suspects unwillingness of FG, Nigerian Army, other security agencies to curb killer herdsmen, Miyetti Allah
- Lagos gets FIBA nod as 2019 World Cup qualifiers host
- Enyimba’s July return to Aba shifted
- DIAMOND GOLDEN: Okagbare Manages 8 out of 8 spots
- NFF Dispute: In search of honour for our Otunba and Distinguished Senator
- Ronaldo ‘accepts’ two-year suspended prison sentence
- FF President appoints Obasi,Martins PS ,senior communication officer
- Buhari orders Dalung to resolve NFF crisis or resign
- I didn’t sign any petition against Warri Wolves —Etebo
- Dalung convoy involved in accident in Gombe
- 19-year-old man stabs 18-year-old girlfriend to death in Edo
- APC desperate to keep Saraki, others ahead of 2019
- Outrage Over Police Officer Who Beat Up Woman Carrying Baby
- 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari-led Govt.
- Yoruba coalition against Buhari splits as Afenifere gets rival
- How Access Bank staff stole N1.2bn from customers – Witness
- Son kills mother over N20,000 pocket money in Lagos
- Multiple Accident In Front of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call
- Kidnappers Think Mikel Gives Me Millions, He Doesn't Even Call Me - Father Opens Up
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun