By Suzan Edeh
Bauchi— A House of Representatives aspirant, Mr. Samalia Idris, contesting the Dass, Bogoro and Tafawa Balewa Federal constituency on the platform of New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, has kicked against the creation of state police, claiming Nigeria democracy is not matured enough for it.
Samalia, in an interview in Bauchi, argued that state police will not solve the country’s security problem, but worsen it.
The aspirant, who is contesting the seat of Yakubu Dogara, Speaker of the House, said: “Considering Nigeria as a nation with it peculiar characteristic, state police is the best option to bring to an end the insecurity challenges.
“But being a multi-ethnic country, it will be difficult to operate a state police.
“There were instances in the past where the Police have been used for the interest of those in government. There is also the issue of corruption and witch-hunting. So we are not ready for state police”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Wedding Between 10yrs Old Boy & 8yrs Old Girl Spark Outrage
- Reasons I Lost 2015 Presidential Election - Jonathan Opens Up In 'My Transition Hours'
- Dollar Bribe: Why APC Can't Substitute Ganduje As Candidate
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Jonathan Arrives Venue Of His Book Launch Amid Ovation
- Two Yahoo Boys Arrested Over The Murder Of Delta Student Whose Br*asts Were Removed
- We Promised Change, We've Delivered Change, says Amaechi
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her