By Ugochukwu Alaribe
ABA—AN Abia State High Court sitting at Osisioma Ngwa , has ordered service of contempt processes on Abia State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi, Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Abayi Police Division and the Divisional Traffic Officer, DTO, Mr. Aneke Celestine, over failure to release a truck to a company, Unik D Limited.
In suit No: HoS /87M/2017, between Silas Obioma and Unik D Limited (applicants); and Commissioner of Police, Divisional Police Officer, Abayi Police Station and Divisional traffic Officer, Abayi Police Station, Aneke Celestine ( respondents), Justice K. O. Wosu, sitting at High Court 2, Osisioma Ngwa, yesterday directed the counsel to the applicants, C.K. Anyanwu to serve a notice to show cause why order of attachment should not be made (Form 49) on the respondents.
Counsel to the applicants, Anyanwu, informed the court that the respondents had refused to comply with the order of court to release the truck to the owner, even as he showed proof of service of a notice of consequences of disobedience to order of court (Form 48) on them, to the court.
Anyanwu maintained that as a law enforcement agency, the Police should not be seen disobeying an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
He noted that the former Judge of High Court 2, Osisioma Ngwa, Justice C.H. Ahuchaogu, who has been transferred to another division, had on 2nd November, 2017, ordered the Commissioner of Police, DPO and the DTO, to release the Mack truck with number plate, UNC 321 XA, to the 2nd applicant, Unik D limited.
However, the Police were not represented at the court.
Contacted, Commissioner of Police, Abia State, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi said he was not aware of the order of the court, stressing that the matter was still pending at the magistrate court. He however, assured that the Police would not disobey a lawful order from a court.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria