By Ugochukwu Alaribe
ABA—AN Abia State High Court sitting at Osisioma Ngwa , has ordered service of contempt processes on Abia State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi, Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Abayi Police Division and the Divisional Traffic Officer, DTO, Mr. Aneke Celestine, over failure to release a truck to a company, Unik D Limited.
In suit No: HoS /87M/2017, between Silas Obioma and Unik D Limited (applicants); and Commissioner of Police, Divisional Police Officer, Abayi Police Station and Divisional traffic Officer, Abayi Police Station, Aneke Celestine ( respondents), Justice K. O. Wosu, sitting at High Court 2, Osisioma Ngwa, yesterday directed the counsel to the applicants, C.K. Anyanwu to serve a notice to show cause why order of attachment should not be made (Form 49) on the respondents.
Counsel to the applicants, Anyanwu, informed the court that the respondents had refused to comply with the order of court to release the truck to the owner, even as he showed proof of service of a notice of consequences of disobedience to order of court (Form 48) on them, to the court.
Anyanwu maintained that as a law enforcement agency, the Police should not be seen disobeying an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
He noted that the former Judge of High Court 2, Osisioma Ngwa, Justice C.H. Ahuchaogu, who has been transferred to another division, had on 2nd November, 2017, ordered the Commissioner of Police, DPO and the DTO, to release the Mack truck with number plate, UNC 321 XA, to the 2nd applicant, Unik D limited.
However, the Police were not represented at the court.
Contacted, Commissioner of Police, Abia State, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi said he was not aware of the order of the court, stressing that the matter was still pending at the magistrate court. He however, assured that the Police would not disobey a lawful order from a court.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Wedding Between 10yrs Old Boy & 8yrs Old Girl Spark Outrage
- Reasons I Lost 2015 Presidential Election - Jonathan Opens Up In 'My Transition Hours'
- Dollar Bribe: Why APC Can't Substitute Ganduje As Candidate
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Jonathan Arrives Venue Of His Book Launch Amid Ovation
- Two Yahoo Boys Arrested Over The Murder Of Delta Student Whose Br*asts Were Removed
- We Promised Change, We've Delivered Change, says Amaechi
- China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Dumps His $420bn Company, Alibaba To Become A Teacher
- Service Chiefs Left Buhari's Next Level After Realising It Was A Political Meeting
- APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu
- How Obanikoro moved N1.2Billion for Fayose in three aircraft – Witness
- Reactions Trailing Buhari & Atiku's 2019 Promises
- Four Persons Killed As Armed Robbers Storm Bank In Ekiti
- Gbajabiamila Tells Yorubas To Reject Atiku’s SGF Offer
- Woman's Hand Chopped Off By Her Brother-in-law
- Soyinka, Others Insist On Restructuring
- Touching Story: "I Was Struck By Lightning, Lost My Dad, Had An Accident All In One Day"
- Shock As Gunmen Kidnap Female Lecturer In Broad Daylight
- Little Boy Gets A Mercedes After Doing 4,105 Press-Ups
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Remove the Immunity Clause from our constitution – Ude
- Expert task Nigerian students on self reliance
- 2019: Oshiomhole hints at what Kwara people will do to Saraki
- Dalung hails Super Eagles ‘s 2019 AFCON qualification
- Lack of friendlies make us loss to SA—Super Falcons Coach
- Eagles, Cranes set Asaba aglow in glamour friendly
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby confident Falcons will bounce back
- Pinnick dedicates AFA Award to NFF Exco, Sponsors
- This common leaf cures infertility, prostate cancer
- Atiku promises to boost oil sector investment, stop fuel subsidies
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her