A 26-year-old lady who lost her father at a young age and had to live at the mercy of relatives, has cried out after her 36-year-old uncle brutalized her in Abuja.
Maimuna Muhammed revealed that her father’s relatives collected all they had after her father died and her mother was forced to move back to her family with her children.
But she had to endure insults from her brothers’ wives even though she was solely responsible for her children’s upkeep.
According to Comfort Empowerment and Advocacy Foundation, Maimuna had enough of the insults thrown at her mum and decided to stand up for her mum.
This led to her being brutally beaten by her mum’s younger brother.
Sharing photos of her bruised skin and uncle Abdulmajeed who battered her, Maimuna wrote she was being grateful to her mum’s family for accepting them as the mother didn’t re-marry even though she was 100% responsible for school fees, feeding, clothing of her and her siblings.
“We have watched our mum take no decision for us without her immediate families consent, we’ve watched our mum been insulted by the wives of her brothers and we did or said nothing.
“But today I was beaten this much by my mum’s younger brother, the one who lived under our roof while my dad was still alive and even after his death, one that all d days his lived with us he has never helped my mum carry a cup of water?”
The reason for the beating was because Memuna said enough was enough–that 23 years of tolerance must end.
“The person that did this to me is 36 years old, a man I loaned money when he needs, a man that calls me late at night to make him quick nooddles
“I know my social status but I just have to post this as if it concerns my mother . I will put my life on the line and this will not stop me. “
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ekiti Election: PDP Takes Major Step To Expose "Rigging"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him