A 26-year-old lady who lost her father at a young age and had to live at the mercy of relatives, has cried out after her 36-year-old uncle brutalized her in Abuja.
Maimuna Muhammed revealed that her father’s relatives collected all they had after her father died and her mother was forced to move back to her family with her children.
But she had to endure insults from her brothers’ wives even though she was solely responsible for her children’s upkeep.
According to Comfort Empowerment and Advocacy Foundation, Maimuna had enough of the insults thrown at her mum and decided to stand up for her mum.
This led to her being brutally beaten by her mum’s younger brother.
Sharing photos of her bruised skin and uncle Abdulmajeed who battered her, Maimuna wrote she was being grateful to her mum’s family for accepting them as the mother didn’t re-marry even though she was 100% responsible for school fees, feeding, clothing of her and her siblings.
“We have watched our mum take no decision for us without her immediate families consent, we’ve watched our mum been insulted by the wives of her brothers and we did or said nothing.
“But today I was beaten this much by my mum’s younger brother, the one who lived under our roof while my dad was still alive and even after his death, one that all d days his lived with us he has never helped my mum carry a cup of water?”
The reason for the beating was because Memuna said enough was enough–that 23 years of tolerance must end.
“The person that did this to me is 36 years old, a man I loaned money when he needs, a man that calls me late at night to make him quick nooddles
“I know my social status but I just have to post this as if it concerns my mother . I will put my life on the line and this will not stop me. “
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari
- Woman In Trouble For Killing Her Husband's Daughter
- Warning From CBN: Our Economy May Fall Into Recession
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Kano Governor - Kwankwaso
- PDP Demands Resignation Of INEC Chairman & Buhari's Sister Who's Director Of Operations
- Federal Government Revives 18 Fertiliser Blending Plants
- Deputy Speaker, Eight Others In Oyo Assembly Defect To ADC
- Cultists Come Out Of Their Hideout, Denounce Membership
- 'I Thought It Was 419' - Thomas Etuh speaks on first meeting with Buhari
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Court orders senator to be summoned on newspaper
- APC gov.-elect visits Omisore
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Pictured With FIFA President
- I Didn't Purchase ADC Governorship Form For Governor Ambode - Former Speaker Ikuforiji
- Tears As Massive Flood Kills Pastor & His Wife In Imo State
- OPM Church Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School
- PDP afraid of rerun in Osun, says APC
- Prudent Energy Handball League to commence on Wednesday
- Anderson gains revenge over Novak Djokovic
- CAF Cup: Ikpeazu hails Enyimba for trouncing Rayon
- Tiger Woods wins first trophy in five years
- Mbaoma shoots Akwa United to top group
- Ballon d’Or: France football magazine to present award to best female player
- Tunde Sanni resigns as ABS coach
- Many Jubilate As Court Declares Okorocha Deputy's Impeachment Illegal (Photos)
- Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His First Son Is Dead
- DSS Confirms Arrest, Detention Of Aisha Buhari’s ADC
- EXPOSED: INEC Removed 4,387 Votes From Our Ballots – PDP
- Fani-Kayode Visits Kwankwaso At His Residence
- APC Sends Kayode Fayemi To Omisore's House
- NSCDC begins inspection of petrol stations in Nasarawa State
- Real Madrid joins race for Ajax Fenkie de jong
- Pique: History speaks for itself
- Allegri: Ronaldo’s mentality, stronger than others
- Carragher: Arsenal, Man utd will miss out on top 4