A 26-year-old lady who lost her father at a young age and had to live at the mercy of relatives, has cried out after her 36-year-old uncle brutalized her in Abuja.
Maimuna Muhammed revealed that her father’s relatives collected all they had after her father died and her mother was forced to move back to her family with her children.
But she had to endure insults from her brothers’ wives even though she was solely responsible for her children’s upkeep.
According to Comfort Empowerment and Advocacy Foundation, Maimuna had enough of the insults thrown at her mum and decided to stand up for her mum.
This led to her being brutally beaten by her mum’s younger brother.
Sharing photos of her bruised skin and uncle Abdulmajeed who battered her, Maimuna wrote she was being grateful to her mum’s family for accepting them as the mother didn’t re-marry even though she was 100% responsible for school fees, feeding, clothing of her and her siblings.
“We have watched our mum take no decision for us without her immediate families consent, we’ve watched our mum been insulted by the wives of her brothers and we did or said nothing.
“But today I was beaten this much by my mum’s younger brother, the one who lived under our roof while my dad was still alive and even after his death, one that all d days his lived with us he has never helped my mum carry a cup of water?”
The reason for the beating was because Memuna said enough was enough–that 23 years of tolerance must end.
“The person that did this to me is 36 years old, a man I loaned money when he needs, a man that calls me late at night to make him quick nooddles
“I know my social status but I just have to post this as if it concerns my mother . I will put my life on the line and this will not stop me. “
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts