The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, on Wednesday said the systematic development of workers’ capacity and the creative use of resources by his administration was to secure the future of Lagos.
The governor, according to a statement, added that the capacity development and innovative use of resources would enable the government to do more with less.
Ambode spoke at the conferment of the ‘Award of Excellence and Outstanding in Capacity Building’ on the Lagos State Government by the Nigerian Institute of Training & Development, NITD, at its 26th Annual Trainers’ Conference on Wednesday at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja.
The governor, who was represented by the Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Dr Benson Oke, said there were high performances in organisations that exposed their human capital to training.
“Human capital resources are strategic assets; managers are often identified as key sources of competitive advantage,” he added.
He stated that as such, managers must possess technical, administrative and human skills, adding that the Lagos State Public Service had been benefitting from capacity development training in the form of increased productivity and increased employee’s engagement.
Ambode said, “Public-sector leaders are now looking with interest at lean techniques — that is achieving more with less — used in private firms to conserve resources.
“A lean approach has disproved the prevailing view that there has to be a trade-off between the quality of public services and the cost of providing them.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian Couple In Lovely Village-themed Pre-wedding Photos
- Court Revokes Uzor Kalu's Bail, Orders His Arrest
- Wike & His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head During Prayer
- Ibrahim Magu Dodges Question On Ganduje Bribery Video
- Young Girl Who Lives In Lagos Trash Site Finally Gets Help
- PHOTOS: Man Stealing Female Panties Caught Red Handed
- Boss Who Killed Fuel Station Manager Over N40k Arrested
- EFCC Asked To Investigate Bribery Case Against Oshiomhole
- Pics From Actress Linda Ejiofor & Ibrahim Suleiman Wedding
- See What Buhari's Education Minister Said About ASUU When He Wasn't A Minister
- Another Nigerian Bank on brinks of collapse
- Don’t bet on Naira’s devaluation soon, says CBN
- How APC governorship candidate was arrested for corruption
- Stop playing politics with Nigeria’s budget, Olujimi tells Presidency
- DSS Cannot Demand My Resignation – Oshiomhole
- Pretty Lady Arrested After 'Good' Man Transferred N5m To Her
- Okorocha Replies Oshiomhole: You're Father Of Nepotism With Family Members In Govt.
- Boko Haram Goes Mad, Burns Down 65 Houses
- Woman Arrested After Doing This To Her Husband's Daughter
- Passengers Narrowly Escape Accident As FRSC Official Fights Driver (Photos)
- Photos From Mike Bamiloye's Son, Damilola's White Wedding
- Lagos Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage
- Oshiomhole Reacts: Why Will I Go To London To See Tinubu
- How This Beautiful Girl Was Shot Dead, Mother In Tears
- APC Guber Candidate In Imo, Hope Uzodinma Arrested
- PDP Reacts To Security Search On Atiku As He Returns Home
- Businessman Dies During S*x With Woman In Hotel... she was nabbed trying to escape
- Gov. Obaseki Supports Oshiomhole Against Fellow Governors
- Sanwo-Olu, Agbaje Laugh & Party Together In Lagos
- My Life Is Being Threatened, says New Ondo Speaker
- Lady Takes Off Clothes, Runs Mad In Lagos Due To 'High' Drink
- See What The First Made-In-Africa Smartphone Looks Like
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- FG defends action against Atiku, others
- Side chic, old lover in deathly affair in Awka hotel
- Financial services sector dominates H1 2018 on the NSE
- Dana Air flies oldest planes in Nigeria
- Atiku alleges harassment by security agents
- HSCB here to launder money, Keyamo alleges
- EFCC plots Alison-Madueke extradition to Nigeria