Peter Dada, Akure
The Ondo State Police Command has said two men joined Alao Adeyemi to allegedly kill Khadijat, the daughter of a former deputy governor of the state, Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo.
Adeyemi, Khadijat’s boyfriend, was arrested by the police on Sunday following the discovery of the remains of the deputy governor’s daughter in a shallow grave in his room.
However, the police on Wednesday said two other persons that had yet to be identified were also involved in the death of the 400-level student of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko.
Parading Adeyemi at the headquarters of the state police command in Akure, the state capital, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said the two accomplices fled after the dastardly act.
Joseph said, “The command received an information that Adeyemi, 27, who was Khadijat’s boyfriend, had allegedly killed her and was about to dispose of her corpse.
“The police immediately swooped on him and on close observation of his residence, it was discovered that the suspect had actually buried the girl, who had been missing for six days.
“He was actually planning to exhume the remains and finally dispose them of because, according to him, he was not comfortable with the stench coming from the decomposed body as it was not properly buried.”
The PPRO said the suspect would soon be charged to court, while effort was ongoing to arrest the accomplices.
Adeyemi, who confessed to being a yahoo-yahoo boy (Internet fraudster), said he was not directly involved in the killing of Khadijat.
He explained that it was the two accomplices that killed and buried her, adding that the two fleeing suspects were brought to his house by the deceased.
He said, “I only provided the digger that was used to dig the grave inside my room where the deceased was buried. But Khadijat was not killed for ritual purpose.”
Meanwhile, the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has commiserated with the family of Oluboyo over the murder of Khadijat.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Segun Ajiboye, the governor urged the police to carry out a thorough investigation and ensure that justice was served in the matter.
Akeredolu also advised youths, especially students, to face their studies and shun acts that were capable of jeopardising their future.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts