Peter Dada, Akure
The Ondo State Police Command has said two men joined Alao Adeyemi to allegedly kill Khadijat, the daughter of a former deputy governor of the state, Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo.
Adeyemi, Khadijat’s boyfriend, was arrested by the police on Sunday following the discovery of the remains of the deputy governor’s daughter in a shallow grave in his room.
However, the police on Wednesday said two other persons that had yet to be identified were also involved in the death of the 400-level student of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko.
Parading Adeyemi at the headquarters of the state police command in Akure, the state capital, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said the two accomplices fled after the dastardly act.
Joseph said, “The command received an information that Adeyemi, 27, who was Khadijat’s boyfriend, had allegedly killed her and was about to dispose of her corpse.
“The police immediately swooped on him and on close observation of his residence, it was discovered that the suspect had actually buried the girl, who had been missing for six days.
“He was actually planning to exhume the remains and finally dispose them of because, according to him, he was not comfortable with the stench coming from the decomposed body as it was not properly buried.”
The PPRO said the suspect would soon be charged to court, while effort was ongoing to arrest the accomplices.
Adeyemi, who confessed to being a yahoo-yahoo boy (Internet fraudster), said he was not directly involved in the killing of Khadijat.
He explained that it was the two accomplices that killed and buried her, adding that the two fleeing suspects were brought to his house by the deceased.
He said, “I only provided the digger that was used to dig the grave inside my room where the deceased was buried. But Khadijat was not killed for ritual purpose.”
Meanwhile, the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has commiserated with the family of Oluboyo over the murder of Khadijat.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Segun Ajiboye, the governor urged the police to carry out a thorough investigation and ensure that justice was served in the matter.
Akeredolu also advised youths, especially students, to face their studies and shun acts that were capable of jeopardising their future.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari
- Woman In Trouble For Killing Her Husband's Daughter
- Warning From CBN: Our Economy May Fall Into Recession
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Kano Governor - Kwankwaso
- PDP Demands Resignation Of INEC Chairman & Buhari's Sister Who's Director Of Operations
- Federal Government Revives 18 Fertiliser Blending Plants
- Deputy Speaker, Eight Others In Oyo Assembly Defect To ADC
- Cultists Come Out Of Their Hideout, Denounce Membership
- 'I Thought It Was 419' - Thomas Etuh speaks on first meeting with Buhari
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Court orders senator to be summoned on newspaper
- APC gov.-elect visits Omisore
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Pictured With FIFA President
- I Didn't Purchase ADC Governorship Form For Governor Ambode - Former Speaker Ikuforiji
- Tears As Massive Flood Kills Pastor & His Wife In Imo State
- OPM Church Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School
- PDP afraid of rerun in Osun, says APC
- Prudent Energy Handball League to commence on Wednesday
- Anderson gains revenge over Novak Djokovic
- CAF Cup: Ikpeazu hails Enyimba for trouncing Rayon
- Tiger Woods wins first trophy in five years
- Mbaoma shoots Akwa United to top group
- Ballon d’Or: France football magazine to present award to best female player
- Tunde Sanni resigns as ABS coach
- Many Jubilate As Court Declares Okorocha Deputy's Impeachment Illegal (Photos)
- Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His First Son Is Dead
- DSS Confirms Arrest, Detention Of Aisha Buhari’s ADC
- EXPOSED: INEC Removed 4,387 Votes From Our Ballots – PDP
- Fani-Kayode Visits Kwankwaso At His Residence
- APC Sends Kayode Fayemi To Omisore's House
- NSCDC begins inspection of petrol stations in Nasarawa State
- Real Madrid joins race for Ajax Fenkie de jong
- Pique: History speaks for itself
- Allegri: Ronaldo’s mentality, stronger than others
- Carragher: Arsenal, Man utd will miss out on top 4