Peter Dada, Akure
The Ondo State Police Command has said two men joined Alao Adeyemi to allegedly kill Khadijat, the daughter of a former deputy governor of the state, Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo.
Adeyemi, Khadijat’s boyfriend, was arrested by the police on Sunday following the discovery of the remains of the deputy governor’s daughter in a shallow grave in his room.
However, the police on Wednesday said two other persons that had yet to be identified were also involved in the death of the 400-level student of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko.
Parading Adeyemi at the headquarters of the state police command in Akure, the state capital, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said the two accomplices fled after the dastardly act.
Joseph said, “The command received an information that Adeyemi, 27, who was Khadijat’s boyfriend, had allegedly killed her and was about to dispose of her corpse.
“The police immediately swooped on him and on close observation of his residence, it was discovered that the suspect had actually buried the girl, who had been missing for six days.
“He was actually planning to exhume the remains and finally dispose them of because, according to him, he was not comfortable with the stench coming from the decomposed body as it was not properly buried.”
The PPRO said the suspect would soon be charged to court, while effort was ongoing to arrest the accomplices.
Adeyemi, who confessed to being a yahoo-yahoo boy (Internet fraudster), said he was not directly involved in the killing of Khadijat.
He explained that it was the two accomplices that killed and buried her, adding that the two fleeing suspects were brought to his house by the deceased.
He said, “I only provided the digger that was used to dig the grave inside my room where the deceased was buried. But Khadijat was not killed for ritual purpose.”
Meanwhile, the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has commiserated with the family of Oluboyo over the murder of Khadijat.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Segun Ajiboye, the governor urged the police to carry out a thorough investigation and ensure that justice was served in the matter.
Akeredolu also advised youths, especially students, to face their studies and shun acts that were capable of jeopardising their future.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ekiti Election: PDP Takes Major Step To Expose "Rigging"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him