Chidiebube Okeoma, Owerri
The state Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galandanchi, who paraded the suspects, said the community police strategy of the command was yielding fruitful results.
The CP said while 10 suspects were nabbed for armed robberies, 14 were arrested for kidnapping, while two persons were picked up for fraud.
Galandanchi said, “Also, 11 kidnap suspects were apprehended and four stolen vehicles were recovered. Nineteen arms, including four locally-made guns and one pump action riffle, were recovered.
“Through intelligence gathering, David Ndubuisi,24, of the Ngor Okpala Local Government Area, Chinonso Akabisi,26, of the Isiala Mbano LGA, and Christian Chukwuka,24, of the Oguta LGA were arrested for their involvement in the kidnap of one Cynthia Dike of the Ngor Okpala LGA on June 15, 2018.”
The CP said the suspects abducted the victim on her way to her house from Port Harcourt.
He said after robbing the victim of her valuables and raping her, the suspects murdered her and dumped her nude body in a forest.
According to the CP, one motorcycle, two knives, one hand bag and mobile phones belonging to the victim and other kidnap victims were recovered.
The suspects only shed tears and refused to respond to questions asked them.
The CP said the duo of Chigaemezu Ekpem and Daniel Uzoka were arrested by the operatives of the command for armed robbery.
“The suspects were nabbed by the operatives of the command while on a stop-and-search duty on the Port-Harcourt-Owerri Expressway.
“The two suspects were intercepted while on a motorcycle. On searching them, a locally-made double-barrelled gun with one cartridge was recovered.
“They confessed to have gotten exhibits from an uncompleted building. The scene has been visited while investigation is still in progress,” the police boss said.
The CP said the suspects would be arraigned in court.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP chairman rates Atiku candidacy in opposition party
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Ticket
- Dino Melaye Cries Out: "They Want To Kill Me"
- PDP Engages Top SAN To Lead Battle Against APC's Fayemi
- Good Man Drowns After Rescuing Pregnant Woman
- Buhari, Oshiomhole Upsetting R-APC Defection Plan?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Passports
- Woman Sets House On Fire Because She Was Not Invited To A Party
- This New Pocket-sized Drone Takes Selfie To A New Level
- Story of Nigerian Billionaire Who Owns 5 Airports In The UK
- Midnight Fire Razes Hundreds Of Shops In Jos Main Market
- Saraki Rejects Buhari's Plea? Summons Loyalist On Defection
- Nursing Mother and Her Kids Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone
- Gowon stirs Buhari anger as he suspects unwillingness of FG, Nigerian Army, other security agencies to curb killer herdsmen, Miyetti Allah
- Lagos gets FIBA nod as 2019 World Cup qualifiers host
- Enyimba’s July return to Aba shifted
- DIAMOND GOLDEN: Okagbare Manages 8 out of 8 spots
- NFF Dispute: In search of honour for our Otunba and Distinguished Senator
- Ronaldo ‘accepts’ two-year suspended prison sentence
- FF President appoints Obasi,Martins PS ,senior communication officer
- Buhari orders Dalung to resolve NFF crisis or resign
- I didn’t sign any petition against Warri Wolves —Etebo
- Dalung convoy involved in accident in Gombe
- 19-year-old man stabs 18-year-old girlfriend to death in Edo
- APC desperate to keep Saraki, others ahead of 2019
- Outrage Over Police Officer Who Beat Up Woman Carrying Baby
- 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari-led Govt.
- Yoruba coalition against Buhari splits as Afenifere gets rival
- How Access Bank staff stole N1.2bn from customers – Witness
- Son kills mother over N20,000 pocket money in Lagos
- Multiple Accident In Front of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call
- Kidnappers Think Mikel Gives Me Millions, He Doesn't Even Call Me - Father Opens Up
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun