By John Egbokhan
Winners of the StarTimes Millionaire World Cup promo have been counting their blessings of winning the N1m star prize in the weekly draw for existing and new customers of the pay television company.
Already, N9m has been given out to nine lucky subscribers, while 45 people have won 43-inch TV sets, with one year free subscription dished out to 180 subscribers.
One excited subscriber, Oyegoke Sunday, a Vulcanizer, has expressed his joy at his emergence as a star prize winner of N1m.
Speaking in an interview with reporters, the 43-year-old father of five, said he had no dreams of ever winning such an amount from any company and thanked StarTimes for making him a millionaire at a time that Nigerians are facing economic hardship
‘’I am very happy and grateful for this opportunity to win N1m and become a millionaire in these hard times. I thank StarTimes for making this happen even though I never imagined this would happened when I started subscribing”, added Sunday.
With the 2018 World Cup a set to conclude this weekend in Russia, StarTimes Public Relations Manager, Kunmi Balogun has said the pay television company was committed to making satellite television viewing affordable and at the reach of every Nigerian family.
He added with nine week of the promo gone, five more lucky subscribers will take home N1m until July 31, while 20 customers will get a brand new 43inch StarTimes TV set.”
Balogun noted that “to qualify, existing subscribers are required to pay for 1 month subscription on any of our bouquet while new subscribers who buy and activate new decoder are automatically entered for the draw.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ekiti Election: PDP Takes Major Step To Expose "Rigging"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him