By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—A 43-year-old man, Ikenna Nwosu, popularly known as ‘Eze Ego’ suspected to be the leader of a kidnap gang and a native of Okwudo Mgbidi in Oru West Local Government Area of Imo State, yesterday said his gang got N5 million after they allegedly kidnapped and murdered, a politician in Imo State, Mr. Amos Akano.
Eze-Ego made this confession at the Imo State Police Headquarters in Owerri when he and 26 other suspects in other crimes were paraded by the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Dasuki Galadanchi.
Eze-Ego said: “I was not the person that killed Amos. I warned them not to kill him. To tell you the truth, we collected his money and we shared it among ourselves.We got N5 million. I did not kill him. It was Bebeto that killed him. He said he knows him.”
The Commissioner of Police, Galadanchi said: “These are 26 suspects arrested by the command in connection with the kidnap of some victims in recent times within the state.
“Prominent are the suspects who kidnapped and murdered one Amos Akano of Nkwerre.
“It is my pleasure to let you know that our community police strategy is yielding positive breakthroughs with the arrest of the following notorious kidnap/armed robbery suspects.
“Among those arrested with Eze Ego, who are from Imo State are Chizoba Amadi, aka 50 Cent, 38 ,from Umuoma village, Owerre Nkworji in Nwangele LGA; Ezechukwu Eze, aka Sepia, 35,from Umuabia in Mgbidi in Oru West and Chijoike Akukaria, 24, from Umuabia in Mgbidi Oru West.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ekiti Election: PDP Takes Major Step To Expose "Rigging"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him