By Chinonso Alozie
OWERRI—A 43-year-old man, Ikenna Nwosu, popularly known as ‘Eze Ego’ suspected to be the leader of a kidnap gang and a native of Okwudo Mgbidi in Oru West Local Government Area of Imo State, yesterday said his gang got N5 million after they allegedly kidnapped and murdered, a politician in Imo State, Mr. Amos Akano.
Eze-Ego made this confession at the Imo State Police Headquarters in Owerri when he and 26 other suspects in other crimes were paraded by the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Dasuki Galadanchi.
Eze-Ego said: “I was not the person that killed Amos. I warned them not to kill him. To tell you the truth, we collected his money and we shared it among ourselves.We got N5 million. I did not kill him. It was Bebeto that killed him. He said he knows him.”
The Commissioner of Police, Galadanchi said: “These are 26 suspects arrested by the command in connection with the kidnap of some victims in recent times within the state.
“Prominent are the suspects who kidnapped and murdered one Amos Akano of Nkwerre.
“It is my pleasure to let you know that our community police strategy is yielding positive breakthroughs with the arrest of the following notorious kidnap/armed robbery suspects.
“Among those arrested with Eze Ego, who are from Imo State are Chizoba Amadi, aka 50 Cent, 38 ,from Umuoma village, Owerre Nkworji in Nwangele LGA; Ezechukwu Eze, aka Sepia, 35,from Umuabia in Mgbidi in Oru West and Chijoike Akukaria, 24, from Umuabia in Mgbidi Oru West.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts