The security details to Ekiti Governor, Ayodele Fayose, have been withdrawn.
This was confirmed by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on Twitter.
“Gov Fayose’s Security aides have just been withdrawn,” Olayinka simply tweeted.
Earlier in the day, the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Operations, Habilal Joshak, has said the security details of important personalities in Ekiti will be withdrawn on Saturday to add to the credibility of the Ekiti governorship election holding on July 14.
The police boss added that no party will be allowed to hold any political rally not approved by the police until the election was held.
Addressing journalists in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday, Joshak said he will work with one Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Mr. H.H. Karma and three other Commissioners of Police; Ali Janga, J.B. Kokumo and G.B. Umar, who will man each of the senatorial districts in the state.
Joshak said they had contacted security details of Governor Fayose and the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Kayode Fayemi and other top government officials to report at 6am at the police headquarters in Ado Ekiti on Saturday.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ekiti Election: PDP Takes Major Step To Expose "Rigging"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him