The security details to Ekiti Governor, Ayodele Fayose, have been withdrawn.
This was confirmed by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on Twitter.
“Gov Fayose’s Security aides have just been withdrawn,” Olayinka simply tweeted.
Earlier in the day, the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Operations, Habilal Joshak, has said the security details of important personalities in Ekiti will be withdrawn on Saturday to add to the credibility of the Ekiti governorship election holding on July 14.
The police boss added that no party will be allowed to hold any political rally not approved by the police until the election was held.
Addressing journalists in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday, Joshak said he will work with one Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Mr. H.H. Karma and three other Commissioners of Police; Ali Janga, J.B. Kokumo and G.B. Umar, who will man each of the senatorial districts in the state.
Joshak said they had contacted security details of Governor Fayose and the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Kayode Fayemi and other top government officials to report at 6am at the police headquarters in Ado Ekiti on Saturday.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC guber candidate in certificate scandal
- Account for money spent on military operations, SERAP tells Buratai
- My rift with Tinubu is on democratic values, says Agbaje
- Boko Haram raids another community in Borno
- Atiku blasts Buhari over absence at burial of 19 soldiers in Borno
- Christmas, New Year, political Campaigns: IGP Orders CPs, AIGs to beef-up of security
- FRSC will not tolerate unethical behavior of officers – Dr. Oyeyemi
- Supersand Eagles hold firm to World Cup ticket as Senegal rule Africa
- Edo pushes for 2nd position as Tech Director, others laud team performance —Kehinde Osagiede
- Swimmer Osayi on Federation Radar as Edo Govt promises nurturing of athlete
- EPL: Mourinho told to sell four Man United players in January
- Marcelo: Madrid Miss ‘Best in the World’ CR7
- NSF: Igali thrilled with impressive outings by states
- Groups battle Buratai on Army’s spending
- NASS staff strike may affect 2019 budget
- NAFDAC highlights plan to regulate traditional herbs
- SDP presidential candidate legal crisis escalates as court sacks Duke
- Few Tips To Moving Forward With Your Passion & Purpose
- APC Candidate In Ogun, Dapo Abiodun, In Certificate Scandal
- Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari After Helping Him Emerge President - Oyinlola Reveals
- Atiku To Work On Jonathan's Confab Report If Elected In 2019
- Throw Back Photo Of Osinbajo, FRSC Boss Fowler & Ade
- Pastor Kidnapped In His Church Premises Regains Freedom
- Fayose, Gov Fayemi In War Of Words Over Attack On ex-Gov.
- Charlyboy Weds Wife In Church After 40 Years, Drive In Keke
- APC To Its NASS Members: Don't Allow Electoral Bill Override
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Beautiful Pics Of Nigeria Police Couple Getting Married Today
- Road Safety State Commander Dies In Road Accident (Photos)
- OAP Toolz & Husband Tunde Demuren Welcome Baby Boy
- Tinubu Hits Saraki? Says Robbers Deny Nigeria Vibrant Senate Presidency
- Five Die In Terrible Accidents In Lagos (Photos)
- Drunk FRSC Official Bashes Man's Car In Lagos (Photos)
- National Assembly Staff Begin Strike Monday, Threaten Buhari's Budget Presentation
- Man Kidnaps Ex-Boss For Accusing Him Of Stealing, Demands N1m Ransom
- 6-Week-Old Baby Miraculously Survives Ebola
- Yahoo Boy, Banker Arrested For Defrauding Woman
- The President and His Wife
- Boko Haram: Between Buhari’s Amnesty And The Lives of Our Soldiers
- Adorable Photos Of Buhari & Wife, Aisha Melt Hearts