President Muhammadu Buhari’s Government Is The Most Corrupt In Nigeria Since 1999, Presidential Hopeful, Atiku Abubakar, Says
Mr Abubakar spoke in Abakaliki on Tuesday while addressing supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the state secretariat of the party. He was in Ebonyi to continue his campaign to emerge PDP presidential candidate in 2019.
He said the only achievement the All Progressive Congress (APC) -led government can boast of is fighting corruption; but argued that fighting corruption is not the only responsibility of government.
“What is happening today in our country is in contravention with all our provisions of our constitution. In our federation, we are supposed to have an inclusive government but you know that this federal government is not inclusive.
“You know that this federal government is not united, you know that this federal government is incompetent, you know that this federal government is more corrupt than any government we have come through since 1999.
“So, let nobody come and deceive you on corruption. They are more corrupt than any government that I know since 1999 and we shall be revealing their level of corruption. Fighting corruption alone is not the only responsibility of government.
“Our unemployment has accelerated high and there has never been a time we had more than 11million people, young people, young women thrown out of job. Today, we have more than 11 million unemployed people. Today, we have witnessed much insecurity in this country. Today, we are witnessing high inflation the APC government has brought to us in this country,” he said.
Mr Abubakar told the mammoth crowd that he was in the state to seek their support to defeat President Buhari in 2019.
He said the coalition formed by PDP and about 37 other parties was the first step in voting out the president in next year’s general election.
“Yesterday, 40 political parties came together to meet themselves to present one candidate for presidential election. The coalition is going to have one candidate for presidential election, one candidate for governor, one candidate for senator, one candidate for House of Reps, one candidate for House of Assembly, one candidate for party chairman.
“We need this alliance because what I have seen in the last three years is what I have not seen in the last 35 years in this country. Therefore, we are determined, we are united and we are ready to make sure that in the next election whether state or national or federal, we will kick out APC in every state in this country.
“We have never experienced the level of poverty we are facing today. They are selling crude oil around $70 dollars per barrel, when we came in 1999 it was around $10 per barrel.
“I want to assure you that your party is ready to take that power but we can only do so through your support and your unity of purpose. You are our bosses, if you tell us to go right we will go, if you tell us to go left we will go; but at the end of the day you must accept responsibility if you take us to the wrong direction,” the aspirant said.
While receiving him, Governor David Umahi said the South-east will negotiate the 2019 presidency and that the zone will vote for a presidential candidate who will develop the zone.
“The people of Ebonyi State, the people of South-east will sit down with anybody that is asking our votes to rule this country to negotiate. South east will not follow wrong path again. Anybody that wants the votes of South-east will sit on the table with the leaders of South-east, we shall agree, we shall write it, we shall sign it, we shall seal it.
“At a time I am the chairman of South-east governors’ forum, we shall come together and all the areas of marginalisation that we have been talking about, it is a time to discuss with our PVCs. The votes of the South-east will be decided by the leaders of South-east and any leader that is in agreement with our terms, we will follow the person,” he said.
Mr Umahi said Mr Abubakar has all it takes to be president of the country.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian Couple In Lovely Village-themed Pre-wedding Photos
- Court Revokes Uzor Kalu's Bail, Orders His Arrest
- Wike & His Wife Lay Hands On Each Other's Head During Prayer
- Ibrahim Magu Dodges Question On Ganduje Bribery Video
- Young Girl Who Lives In Lagos Trash Site Finally Gets Help
- PHOTOS: Man Stealing Female Panties Caught Red Handed
- Boss Who Killed Fuel Station Manager Over N40k Arrested
- EFCC Asked To Investigate Bribery Case Against Oshiomhole
- Pics From Actress Linda Ejiofor & Ibrahim Suleiman Wedding
- See What Buhari's Education Minister Said About ASUU When He Wasn't A Minister
- Another Nigerian Bank on brinks of collapse
- Don’t bet on Naira’s devaluation soon, says CBN
- How APC governorship candidate was arrested for corruption
- Stop playing politics with Nigeria’s budget, Olujimi tells Presidency
- DSS Cannot Demand My Resignation – Oshiomhole
- Pretty Lady Arrested After 'Good' Man Transferred N5m To Her
- Okorocha Replies Oshiomhole: You're Father Of Nepotism With Family Members In Govt.
- Boko Haram Goes Mad, Burns Down 65 Houses
- Woman Arrested After Doing This To Her Husband's Daughter
- Passengers Narrowly Escape Accident As FRSC Official Fights Driver (Photos)
- Photos From Mike Bamiloye's Son, Damilola's White Wedding
- Lagos Couple Welcome Triplets After 13 Years Of Marriage
- Oshiomhole Reacts: Why Will I Go To London To See Tinubu
- How This Beautiful Girl Was Shot Dead, Mother In Tears
- APC Guber Candidate In Imo, Hope Uzodinma Arrested
- PDP Reacts To Security Search On Atiku As He Returns Home
- Businessman Dies During S*x With Woman In Hotel... she was nabbed trying to escape
- Gov. Obaseki Supports Oshiomhole Against Fellow Governors
- Sanwo-Olu, Agbaje Laugh & Party Together In Lagos
- My Life Is Being Threatened, says New Ondo Speaker
- Lady Takes Off Clothes, Runs Mad In Lagos Due To 'High' Drink
- See What The First Made-In-Africa Smartphone Looks Like
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- FG defends action against Atiku, others
- Side chic, old lover in deathly affair in Awka hotel
- Financial services sector dominates H1 2018 on the NSE
- Dana Air flies oldest planes in Nigeria
- Atiku alleges harassment by security agents
- HSCB here to launder money, Keyamo alleges
- EFCC plots Alison-Madueke extradition to Nigeria