Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari will sign the 2018 Appropriation Act into law next week.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Wednesday.
The presidential spokesman stated this after a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, presided over by Buhari.
He, however, did not give the specific day and time the document would be signed next week, adding that the details would be made available later.
“The budget will be signed next week. We will give you the specific date when it is confirmed,” Adesina said.
The Presidency had said Buhari would only take a stand on the document based on the advice he was expecting from the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma.
It said all ministers were expected to scrutinise the budget as passed against the proposals they submitted and report their findings to Udoma.
It added that the budget and national planning minister would thereafter form an opinion based on the feedback from his colleagues and proceed to advise the President accordingly.
Udoma himself had in a recent interview with State House correspondents said the Executive was reviewing the document.
He added that the Executive arm of government had a 30-day window to decide what to do with the document.
“The President is currently reviewing the budget. As you know, we have a minimum window of 30 days,” the minister had stated.
Pressed further on when the budget would eventually be signed, Udoma had said, “The President is currently reviewing it and as soon as he is through, he will sign it. That is what l can tell you for now.”
The two chambers of the National Assembly had recently passed the budget and transmitted it to Buhari for signing.
The lawmakers raised the total figure from N8.6tn to N9.1tn, six months after it was presented to them.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration