Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari will sign the 2018 Appropriation Act into law next week.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Wednesday.
The presidential spokesman stated this after a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, presided over by Buhari.
He, however, did not give the specific day and time the document would be signed next week, adding that the details would be made available later.
“The budget will be signed next week. We will give you the specific date when it is confirmed,” Adesina said.
The Presidency had said Buhari would only take a stand on the document based on the advice he was expecting from the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma.
It said all ministers were expected to scrutinise the budget as passed against the proposals they submitted and report their findings to Udoma.
It added that the budget and national planning minister would thereafter form an opinion based on the feedback from his colleagues and proceed to advise the President accordingly.
Udoma himself had in a recent interview with State House correspondents said the Executive was reviewing the document.
He added that the Executive arm of government had a 30-day window to decide what to do with the document.
“The President is currently reviewing the budget. As you know, we have a minimum window of 30 days,” the minister had stated.
Pressed further on when the budget would eventually be signed, Udoma had said, “The President is currently reviewing it and as soon as he is through, he will sign it. That is what l can tell you for now.”
The two chambers of the National Assembly had recently passed the budget and transmitted it to Buhari for signing.
The lawmakers raised the total figure from N8.6tn to N9.1tn, six months after it was presented to them.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- CDHR task Buhari on poverty/insecurity
- Attacks on Plateau communities retaliatory, says Miyetti Allah
- Bureau official arraigned for murder
- Buhari blames desperate politicians for killings in Plateau
- APC Convention: “Kwankwaso just ended political career”
- D'Banj Was Advised About That Swimming Pool & His Son
- Banks struggle between steady income lines, declining profits
- Okorocha may sacrifice son-in-law governorship ambition
- Customs raises alarms over fake recruitment sites
- Drogba sends warning to Super Eagles ahead of Argentina clash
- Iheanacho confident of victory against Argentina
- Oil hits $74.10/barrel as OPEC moves toward spiking supply
- Nigeria to begin fuel exportation by 2019, says Baru
- 2018 World Cup: Pogba reveals Nigeria will be tough opponents
- Mikel to wear arm guard against Argentina
- Nigeria has highest number of extremely poor people – Report
- Bishop Oyedepo: You Can Be A Christian and Miss Heaven
- 5 Mistakes Graduates Are Making That's Denying Them Success
- TRAGIC! Obituary Of Lady & Her Brother Who Died In Accident
- Makeup Artist Transforms Lady Who Survived Burns Into A Queen For Her Wedding
- Boko Haram Fuel Supplier, Who's A Filling Station Manager, Nabbed By Soldiers
- Gunmen Disappear With Ondo Traditional Ruler's Wife
- Woman Who's A Witch Falls From Sky & Lands On Police Barrack In Delta State (Photos)
- PDP ridicules APC National Convention as ‘a mockery of democracy’
- Plateau killings: Buhari speaks tough, appeals for calm
- Saraki keeps APC leaders in suspense over his party membership
- See Woman Who Escaped After Over 100 Were Killed In Plateau
- How D'banj's Son Got Drowned In His Swimming Pool (Update)
- Imagine What Husband & Wife Did To This Boy Living With Them
- "Why I Didn't Attend APC Convention" – Kwankwaso
- Disgraced Ex-Minister Runs Abuja Clinic Without Licence For Years
- Nigeria Overtakes India As Poorest Country In The World
- "Why Herdsmen Killed People In Plateau" – Miyetti Allah Chairman
- Armed herdsmen kill 86 in Plateau
- Sowore blasts Buhari over 2018 Budget
- Buhari at war with NASS over disquieting budget crisis
- Police places N1m bounty on masked woman that “exposed” rich police officer
- Lagos Police Place N1m Reward On Masked Lady
- PhD Scandal: Embattled Osun Rector Arrested, Detained
- PDP To APC Chairman Oshiomhole: "Submit Yourself To EFCC"