Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari will sign the 2018 Appropriation Act into law next week.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Wednesday.
The presidential spokesman stated this after a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, presided over by Buhari.
He, however, did not give the specific day and time the document would be signed next week, adding that the details would be made available later.
“The budget will be signed next week. We will give you the specific date when it is confirmed,” Adesina said.
The Presidency had said Buhari would only take a stand on the document based on the advice he was expecting from the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma.
It said all ministers were expected to scrutinise the budget as passed against the proposals they submitted and report their findings to Udoma.
It added that the budget and national planning minister would thereafter form an opinion based on the feedback from his colleagues and proceed to advise the President accordingly.
Udoma himself had in a recent interview with State House correspondents said the Executive was reviewing the document.
He added that the Executive arm of government had a 30-day window to decide what to do with the document.
“The President is currently reviewing the budget. As you know, we have a minimum window of 30 days,” the minister had stated.
Pressed further on when the budget would eventually be signed, Udoma had said, “The President is currently reviewing it and as soon as he is through, he will sign it. That is what l can tell you for now.”
The two chambers of the National Assembly had recently passed the budget and transmitted it to Buhari for signing.
The lawmakers raised the total figure from N8.6tn to N9.1tn, six months after it was presented to them.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi
- Flying Eagles will approach Junior Mena with all seriousness— Paul Aigbogun
- FIFA & France sign agreement on African Football
- Boko Haram: ICC accuses Nigerian security forces of war crimes
- Arrest of Atiku’s son, tales by mischief makers – EFCC
- 2019: Saraki Urges INEC, security agencies, stakeholders to ensure credible elections
- Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit to hit $878b by 2040 – SEC DG
- I thank Watford family for believing in me—–Isaac Success
- Palace ‘interested in signing Moses with Chelsea for £12m
- 19th NSF: Toriola Oshonaike crashed out of Table tennis mixed double
- I Weep For President Buhari, His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly - Dele Momodu
- Check Out Emirates' 'Diamond-encrusted' Airplane Going Viral Online (Photos)
- Luiz keen on Chelsea’s stay
- Oil marketers dare FG, shut down depots
- Christianity under siege in China
- Oil marketers suspend strike, gives FG 5-day grace
- Banks spend N555bn in nine months for customers’ relations
- Govenor Amosun in urgent meeting with Buhari
- Access Bank bags CBN’s Award
- 2019 Election: Senate declares public hearing on vote-buying
- AMCON says asset management partners to help recover N740bn
- DMO enlists support of sub-national entities in managing Nigeria’s rising public debt
- Brilliant Nigerian Lady Abisoye Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018
- Sharing Trader Moni Weeks To Election Is Vote Buying - Dogara
- EFCC Reveals Why They Raided Atiku's Sons Apartment
- Nigeria's GDP Rises To 1.81% In Third Quarter, After Falling From 7% Since 2016
- Offa robbery: Police debunks report on missing stolen money
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- Riverplate Clinch Copa Libertadores After Edging Out Boca
- FIFA & France Sign Agreement on African Football
- Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Him - Jimi Agbaje
- Seriously? Human Bones Found Buried in Front of Popular Hotel in Lagos
- See Actor Gideon Okeke Getting His Lips Stitched After Being Brutalized By Policemen In Lagos
- I Was Aspiring To Be Chief Of Staff But God Turned The Table Around - Sanwo-Olu
- Atiku's Sons Apartment Raided By EFCC In Abuja
- Senator kicks against overriding Buhari’s veto
- Buhari constitutes committee on state’s judiciary autonomy
- Woman Brutally Attacked by Robbers on Her Way from Church in Rivers (Photos)