Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt
The Executive Secretary, NCDMB, Mr. Simbi Wabote, made the call on Wednesday in Port Harcourt during the delivery of Egina oil loading terminal buoy, built by an indigenous oil service firm, Aveon Offshore, in partnership with Total Nigeria and National Oilwell Varco.
Wabote also charged oil service companies to comply with Nigeria’s local content law and avoid any act that would circumvent the provisions of the law.
Hailing the indigenous oil service company for delivering the Egina OLT buoy ahead of schedule, the NCDMB boss promised that more contracts would be awarded to firms that had shown commitment to the provisions of the Local Content law.
He expressed the Federal Government’s commitment to enforcing the implementation of the Local Content Act and pledged that projects like Zabazaba, Bonga South-West, Ekike, Owowo and others would be awarded to firms that had built capacities.
Wabote stated, “It is one thing to win a contract; it is another thing to deliver the contract scope timely and safely. You can see today that Aveon is way ahead of schedule. That is the kind of news and company you want to be associated with.
“I urge you (Aveon Offshore) to conscientiously build a profile that portrays you as a company that delivers so that jobs will continue to come your way.”
He added, “This approach must be what can be done to comply with the law rather than looking for ways to circumvent the provisions of the law.”
Let me also call on other Nigerian oil and gas service providers to deliver and finish strong on any project they are contracted to do.
“I also wish to tell you the commitment of this current administration to enforcing the implementation of the Act itself. I can proudly tell you that nothing goes to the Federal Executive Council that concerns the oil and gas sector that is not referred back to the NCDMB to give our endorsement.”
Earlier in his address, the Chairman, Aveon Offshore, Mr. Tein George, urged relevant authorities to make clarifications on the country’s policy on oil and gas.
George also called on the National Assembly to fast-track the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill into law so that international oil companies could make proper investment decisions.
He explained that his company would continue to contribute to national development irrespective of the national policy on oil and gas.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- I’m dumping Enyimba for Katsina United —-Ezenwa
- Difficult match but we came out victorious– Alex Iwobi
- Flying Eagles will approach Junior Mena with all seriousness— Paul Aigbogun
- FIFA & France sign agreement on African Football
- Boko Haram: ICC accuses Nigerian security forces of war crimes
- Arrest of Atiku’s son, tales by mischief makers – EFCC
- 2019: Saraki Urges INEC, security agencies, stakeholders to ensure credible elections
- Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit to hit $878b by 2040 – SEC DG
- I thank Watford family for believing in me—–Isaac Success
- Palace ‘interested in signing Moses with Chelsea for £12m
- 19th NSF: Toriola Oshonaike crashed out of Table tennis mixed double
- I Weep For President Buhari, His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly - Dele Momodu
- Check Out Emirates' 'Diamond-encrusted' Airplane Going Viral Online (Photos)
- Luiz keen on Chelsea’s stay
- Oil marketers dare FG, shut down depots
- Christianity under siege in China
- Oil marketers suspend strike, gives FG 5-day grace
- Banks spend N555bn in nine months for customers’ relations
- Govenor Amosun in urgent meeting with Buhari
- Access Bank bags CBN’s Award
- 2019 Election: Senate declares public hearing on vote-buying
- AMCON says asset management partners to help recover N740bn
- DMO enlists support of sub-national entities in managing Nigeria’s rising public debt
- Brilliant Nigerian Lady Abisoye Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018
- Sharing Trader Moni Weeks To Election Is Vote Buying - Dogara
- EFCC Reveals Why They Raided Atiku's Sons Apartment
- Nigeria's GDP Rises To 1.81% In Third Quarter, After Falling From 7% Since 2016
- Offa robbery: Police debunks report on missing stolen money
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- Riverplate Clinch Copa Libertadores After Edging Out Boca
- FIFA & France Sign Agreement on African Football
- Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Him - Jimi Agbaje
- Seriously? Human Bones Found Buried in Front of Popular Hotel in Lagos
- See Actor Gideon Okeke Getting His Lips Stitched After Being Brutalized By Policemen In Lagos
- I Was Aspiring To Be Chief Of Staff But God Turned The Table Around - Sanwo-Olu
- Atiku's Sons Apartment Raided By EFCC In Abuja
- Senator kicks against overriding Buhari’s veto
- Buhari constitutes committee on state’s judiciary autonomy
- Woman Brutally Attacked by Robbers on Her Way from Church in Rivers (Photos)