Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt
The Executive Secretary, NCDMB, Mr. Simbi Wabote, made the call on Wednesday in Port Harcourt during the delivery of Egina oil loading terminal buoy, built by an indigenous oil service firm, Aveon Offshore, in partnership with Total Nigeria and National Oilwell Varco.
Wabote also charged oil service companies to comply with Nigeria’s local content law and avoid any act that would circumvent the provisions of the law.
Hailing the indigenous oil service company for delivering the Egina OLT buoy ahead of schedule, the NCDMB boss promised that more contracts would be awarded to firms that had shown commitment to the provisions of the Local Content law.
He expressed the Federal Government’s commitment to enforcing the implementation of the Local Content Act and pledged that projects like Zabazaba, Bonga South-West, Ekike, Owowo and others would be awarded to firms that had built capacities.
Wabote stated, “It is one thing to win a contract; it is another thing to deliver the contract scope timely and safely. You can see today that Aveon is way ahead of schedule. That is the kind of news and company you want to be associated with.
“I urge you (Aveon Offshore) to conscientiously build a profile that portrays you as a company that delivers so that jobs will continue to come your way.”
He added, “This approach must be what can be done to comply with the law rather than looking for ways to circumvent the provisions of the law.”
Let me also call on other Nigerian oil and gas service providers to deliver and finish strong on any project they are contracted to do.
“I also wish to tell you the commitment of this current administration to enforcing the implementation of the Act itself. I can proudly tell you that nothing goes to the Federal Executive Council that concerns the oil and gas sector that is not referred back to the NCDMB to give our endorsement.”
Earlier in his address, the Chairman, Aveon Offshore, Mr. Tein George, urged relevant authorities to make clarifications on the country’s policy on oil and gas.
George also called on the National Assembly to fast-track the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill into law so that international oil companies could make proper investment decisions.
He explained that his company would continue to contribute to national development irrespective of the national policy on oil and gas.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- CDHR task Buhari on poverty/insecurity
- Attacks on Plateau communities retaliatory, says Miyetti Allah
- Bureau official arraigned for murder
- Buhari blames desperate politicians for killings in Plateau
- APC Convention: “Kwankwaso just ended political career”
- D'Banj Was Advised About That Swimming Pool & His Son
- Banks struggle between steady income lines, declining profits
- Okorocha may sacrifice son-in-law governorship ambition
- Customs raises alarms over fake recruitment sites
- Drogba sends warning to Super Eagles ahead of Argentina clash
- Iheanacho confident of victory against Argentina
- Oil hits $74.10/barrel as OPEC moves toward spiking supply
- Nigeria to begin fuel exportation by 2019, says Baru
- 2018 World Cup: Pogba reveals Nigeria will be tough opponents
- Mikel to wear arm guard against Argentina
- Nigeria has highest number of extremely poor people – Report
- Bishop Oyedepo: You Can Be A Christian and Miss Heaven
- 5 Mistakes Graduates Are Making That's Denying Them Success
- TRAGIC! Obituary Of Lady & Her Brother Who Died In Accident
- Makeup Artist Transforms Lady Who Survived Burns Into A Queen For Her Wedding
- Boko Haram Fuel Supplier, Who's A Filling Station Manager, Nabbed By Soldiers
- Gunmen Disappear With Ondo Traditional Ruler's Wife
- Woman Who's A Witch Falls From Sky & Lands On Police Barrack In Delta State (Photos)
- PDP ridicules APC National Convention as ‘a mockery of democracy’
- Plateau killings: Buhari speaks tough, appeals for calm
- Saraki keeps APC leaders in suspense over his party membership
- See Woman Who Escaped After Over 100 Were Killed In Plateau
- How D'banj's Son Got Drowned In His Swimming Pool (Update)
- Imagine What Husband & Wife Did To This Boy Living With Them
- "Why I Didn't Attend APC Convention" – Kwankwaso
- Disgraced Ex-Minister Runs Abuja Clinic Without Licence For Years
- Nigeria Overtakes India As Poorest Country In The World
- "Why Herdsmen Killed People In Plateau" – Miyetti Allah Chairman
- Armed herdsmen kill 86 in Plateau
- Sowore blasts Buhari over 2018 Budget
- Buhari at war with NASS over disquieting budget crisis
- Police places N1m bounty on masked woman that “exposed” rich police officer
- Lagos Police Place N1m Reward On Masked Lady
- PhD Scandal: Embattled Osun Rector Arrested, Detained
- PDP To APC Chairman Oshiomhole: "Submit Yourself To EFCC"