Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt
The Executive Secretary, NCDMB, Mr. Simbi Wabote, made the call on Wednesday in Port Harcourt during the delivery of Egina oil loading terminal buoy, built by an indigenous oil service firm, Aveon Offshore, in partnership with Total Nigeria and National Oilwell Varco.
Wabote also charged oil service companies to comply with Nigeria’s local content law and avoid any act that would circumvent the provisions of the law.
Hailing the indigenous oil service company for delivering the Egina OLT buoy ahead of schedule, the NCDMB boss promised that more contracts would be awarded to firms that had shown commitment to the provisions of the Local Content law.
He expressed the Federal Government’s commitment to enforcing the implementation of the Local Content Act and pledged that projects like Zabazaba, Bonga South-West, Ekike, Owowo and others would be awarded to firms that had built capacities.
Wabote stated, “It is one thing to win a contract; it is another thing to deliver the contract scope timely and safely. You can see today that Aveon is way ahead of schedule. That is the kind of news and company you want to be associated with.
“I urge you (Aveon Offshore) to conscientiously build a profile that portrays you as a company that delivers so that jobs will continue to come your way.”
He added, “This approach must be what can be done to comply with the law rather than looking for ways to circumvent the provisions of the law.”
Let me also call on other Nigerian oil and gas service providers to deliver and finish strong on any project they are contracted to do.
“I also wish to tell you the commitment of this current administration to enforcing the implementation of the Act itself. I can proudly tell you that nothing goes to the Federal Executive Council that concerns the oil and gas sector that is not referred back to the NCDMB to give our endorsement.”
Earlier in his address, the Chairman, Aveon Offshore, Mr. Tein George, urged relevant authorities to make clarifications on the country’s policy on oil and gas.
George also called on the National Assembly to fast-track the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill into law so that international oil companies could make proper investment decisions.
He explained that his company would continue to contribute to national development irrespective of the national policy on oil and gas.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration