THE Director, Strategic Communications, Buhari Campaign Organisation, Festus Keyamo (SAN), has said President Muhammadu Buhari will be re-elected in 2019 to instil a different political culture in the country before he retires.
Describing cultural change as the single greatest reason why Buhari would be re-elected, Keyamo said: “He (Buhari) needs time to instil that culture different from what we have learnt government is all about. Let’s be honest, most young people of our generation grew up to know only the PDP system, which is, and was, only about money.”
He said in the current edition of The Interview magazine, that “the PDP culture must change.”
The MD/Editor-In-Chief of The Interview, Azu Ishiekwene, described the edition as “a loaded gun, which Buhari’s opponents can only ignore at their own peril.”
The Buhari re-election campaign spokesperson said unlike the PDP “whose oxygen is money”, Buhari did not need Federal funds to clinch his re-election, saying his supporters would be happy to sell their possessions for his re-election.
He said Buhari also needed to consolidate on his anti-corruption war and deal a final blow on insecurity, describing insinuations that the President was sponsoring herdsmen as “satanic and idiotic.”
When asked why he thought Buhari deserved re-election in light of the growing poverty and the weak economy, Keyamo said, “where did the National Bureau of Statistics get its figures from? I don’t believe those statistics!”
He also spoke on the President’s reference to Nigerian youths as “lazy”; allegations that he abandoned the defendant in the Ozubulu church killings to join Buhari; and what he thought his former mentor and leading human rights lawyer, Gani Fawehimi (SAN), would have done with Buhari’s government.
When asked if he would support full disclosure of the health status of all the candidates in the 2019 campaign, Keyamo said: “I agree that candidates should declare their health status.
“However, if somebody is sick and is well and now discloses that he is well now, fine. He (Buhari) is ready to go; he is fit to go. Abacha was not sick at all, no history; yet he slumped and died.”
Also, in this edition, media guru and the Pro-chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, Dr. Yemi Ogunbiyi, spoke on his position and also gave insights on his time at Guardian and DailyTimes.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration