As Nigeria-German trade volume hits 2.5bn Euros
By Nkiruka Nnorom
German companies operating in Nigeria generate as much as $1 billion in turnover annually, according to Mr. Marc Lucassen, Head, Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria.
Speaking ahead of the 7th edition of German-Nigeria Business Forum scheduled to hold in Lagos on June 20th to 21st, 2018, Lucassen said that Nigeria is largest German trade partner with trade volume between both countries currently at 2.5 billion euros.
He said the companies totalling 85, have created about 10,000 (ten thousand) direct employment in Nigeria and hoped to up-scale their investments from the current levels.
He stated: “What we are interested in is to partner with Nigeria investors and to co-finance Nigeria investments because this is what will give German investors the confidence that Nigeria business community believes in their own economy.
“The sure proof of our presence here in contrast to our competitors is that we are covering all sectors from finance, infrastructure, energy, automobile to information communication technology. So, the German industries are present here in all sectors and our target is to scale up this presence.”
He said that the two day event with the theme: “Leveraging Partnership for Economic Growth”, will focus on key sectors such as agriculture and food processing; energy with a special focus on on renewable energy and energy efficiency; infrastructure, access to finance, digitisation and start-ups as well as technical vocational education and training, adding that the sectors are part of the ones the federal government has pin-pointed in its diversification agenda.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Sacked Lagos Houseboy Mobilizes Soldiers To Beat Up Boss
- Osun Election: Saraki Faults INEC Verdict, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm
- What Saraki, Dogara Have Done To NASS - Senator Ndume
- No Regrets Serving Nigeria Under Jonathan - Ex VP Sambo
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration