By Godfrey Bivbere
The anti-smuggling unit of the Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, the Federal Operations Unit, FOU, zone A, yesterday said it has impounded 15 exotic vehicles, 15 trailers of imported rice and other items with Duty Paid Value, DPV of over N1.345 billion between May 16th and June 12th this year.
Customs Area Controller, CAC, of the Unit, Garba Uba Mohammed, who made this known in Lagos while briefing journalists, also said that a total of N59.5 million was recovered from under-payment by importers who cleared their goods from the ports, bringing the total money recovered during the period to N1.405 billion.
Mohammed listed the items impounded during the period to include, three Toyota C-HR (2018 models), one Toyota Prado Jeep (2018) one Toyota Camry LE (2018), one Toyota Hilux (2017), one Ford F150 (2017), one Padro Jeep (2017), one Mercedes Benz (2017) and others.
He also said that 9,049 bags of foreign parboiled rice (equivalent of 15 trailers), 1,464 cartons of frozen poultry products, 870 jerry cans of vegetable oil, 273 bales of used clothing and 592 pieces of used tyres were also seized during the period.
He also disclosed that four containers with no: PCIU850134/9, PCIU8278544, FCIU983753 and TGHU6924330 have been seized for false declaration.
Two of the four containers were carrying 8,633 pieces of empty cylinders as against plumbing materials declared in their Single Goods Declaration, SGD forms.
The other two were loaded with 120 bales of new jeans as against punching machines declared in their SGD, while a total of 12 suspects were arrested in connection to the 112 seizures made during the period under review.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- CDHR task Buhari on poverty/insecurity
- Attacks on Plateau communities retaliatory, says Miyetti Allah
- Bureau official arraigned for murder
- Buhari blames desperate politicians for killings in Plateau
- APC Convention: “Kwankwaso just ended political career”
- D'Banj Was Advised About That Swimming Pool & His Son
- Banks struggle between steady income lines, declining profits
- Okorocha may sacrifice son-in-law governorship ambition
- Customs raises alarms over fake recruitment sites
- Drogba sends warning to Super Eagles ahead of Argentina clash
- Iheanacho confident of victory against Argentina
- Oil hits $74.10/barrel as OPEC moves toward spiking supply
- Nigeria to begin fuel exportation by 2019, says Baru
- 2018 World Cup: Pogba reveals Nigeria will be tough opponents
- Mikel to wear arm guard against Argentina
- Nigeria has highest number of extremely poor people – Report
- Bishop Oyedepo: You Can Be A Christian and Miss Heaven
- 5 Mistakes Graduates Are Making That's Denying Them Success
- TRAGIC! Obituary Of Lady & Her Brother Who Died In Accident
- Makeup Artist Transforms Lady Who Survived Burns Into A Queen For Her Wedding
- Boko Haram Fuel Supplier, Who's A Filling Station Manager, Nabbed By Soldiers
- Gunmen Disappear With Ondo Traditional Ruler's Wife
- Woman Who's A Witch Falls From Sky & Lands On Police Barrack In Delta State (Photos)
- PDP ridicules APC National Convention as ‘a mockery of democracy’
- Plateau killings: Buhari speaks tough, appeals for calm
- Saraki keeps APC leaders in suspense over his party membership
- See Woman Who Escaped After Over 100 Were Killed In Plateau
- How D'banj's Son Got Drowned In His Swimming Pool (Update)
- Imagine What Husband & Wife Did To This Boy Living With Them
- "Why I Didn't Attend APC Convention" – Kwankwaso
- Disgraced Ex-Minister Runs Abuja Clinic Without Licence For Years
- Nigeria Overtakes India As Poorest Country In The World
- "Why Herdsmen Killed People In Plateau" – Miyetti Allah Chairman
- Armed herdsmen kill 86 in Plateau
- Sowore blasts Buhari over 2018 Budget
- Buhari at war with NASS over disquieting budget crisis
- Police places N1m bounty on masked woman that “exposed” rich police officer
- Lagos Police Place N1m Reward On Masked Lady
- PhD Scandal: Embattled Osun Rector Arrested, Detained
- PDP To APC Chairman Oshiomhole: "Submit Yourself To EFCC"