– President Buhari has approved the sum of N185.2billion for the rehabilitation, repairs and reconstruction of 14 road projects
– The president is also expected to sign the 2018 budget next week
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, June 13, in Abuja approved N185.2billion for the rehabilitation, repairs and reconstruction of 14 road projects across the country.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, revealed this when he briefed State House correspondents on the outcome of the Council’s meeting which held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa.
NAIJ.com gathers that Adesina, who briefed the correspondents alongside the ministers of health and that of industry, trade and investment, Prof Isaac Adewole and Okechukwu Enelamah respectively, said the road projects were located in Yobe, Adamawa, Benue, Kwara, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Edo, Enugu, Borno, Anambra and Sokoto states.
He listed the road projects to include Gwoza – Damboa – Goniri – Ngamdu Road in Yobe/Borno states at the cost of N34.608 billion; Mayo Belwa – Jada – Ganye – Torngo Road in Adamawa at the rate of N22.699billion and Ado – Ifaki – Otun – Kwara State border in Ekiti State at the rate of N6 billion.
He said that Makurdi bridge in Benue would be repaired at the cost of N4.617 billion; Ihugi – Korinya -Wuse -Ankor in Benue at N15.641 billion and Gbagi – Apa – Owode in Badagry Lagos state at N4.366 billion.
Others are the construction of Ijebu Igbo – Ita Egba Owonowen in Ogun and Oyo states which would cost N9.833 billion while N7.506billion would be spent on dualisation of Jattu – Fugar – Agenebode in Edo Phase II by Mothercat.
He said the Makurdi – Gboko – Wannune – Yander Section 1 in Benue would be reconstructed at the cost of N18.669 billion; Old – Enugu – Port Harcourt Road at Agbogugu – Abia border Spur would cost N13.933 billion.
Adesina said that N6.249billion would be spent on rehabilitation of Umulungbe – Umoka road; Amokwu – Ikedimkpe – Egede – Opeyi Awhum Road in Enugu state at N21.729 billion and rehabilitation of Nkwu Inyi – Akpugoeze in Anambra at N2.595 billion.
He revealed that N4.354billion would be expended on reconstruction of Sabon Birnin – Tsululu – Kuya – Maradi Junction road in Sokoto state.
The presidential aide, who also reacted to a question on 2018 budget, disclosed that the budget would be signed by President Buhari next week.
NAIJ.com previously reported that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari approved 995 million dollars for the reconstruction of the phase II of Abuja – Keffi – Akwanga – Lafia – Makurdi road.
The minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Fashola, revealed this to State House correspondents at the end of the Council’s meeting held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Wednesday, May 16.
He said the 995 million dollars for the execution of the project would be obtained from the China-Exim Bank as loan.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers :Here is D’Tigers rely anchorman
- Nigeria Senate Minority Leader lost voice, somersaulted after Ahmed Musa’s brace
- Niger Tornadoes to resume next Thursday
- NANPF congratulates Super Eagles on victory over Iceland
- Nigeria goalkeeper Ikeme in remission after year-long cancer battle
- Musa unsure on Leicester City future.
- Nigeria will remain humble ahead to crunch Argentina – Coach Rohr
- History as Taekwondo congress adopts constitution
- FG introduces new scheme targeting unidentified loot in Switzerland
- FIFA probes Argentina, Croatia
- Clashes loom as old SDP replaces nPDP after APC convention
- Any Lady That Disrespects Her Husband/Father of Her Child Does Not Know God - Nollywood Actress
- Choosing Faith Over Fear As A Child Of God
- Kidnappers Arrested Over Failed N20m Ransom In Lagos
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season