– President Buhari has approved the sum of N185.2billion for the rehabilitation, repairs and reconstruction of 14 road projects
– The president is also expected to sign the 2018 budget next week
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, June 13, in Abuja approved N185.2billion for the rehabilitation, repairs and reconstruction of 14 road projects across the country.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, revealed this when he briefed State House correspondents on the outcome of the Council’s meeting which held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa.
NAIJ.com gathers that Adesina, who briefed the correspondents alongside the ministers of health and that of industry, trade and investment, Prof Isaac Adewole and Okechukwu Enelamah respectively, said the road projects were located in Yobe, Adamawa, Benue, Kwara, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Edo, Enugu, Borno, Anambra and Sokoto states.
He listed the road projects to include Gwoza – Damboa – Goniri – Ngamdu Road in Yobe/Borno states at the cost of N34.608 billion; Mayo Belwa – Jada – Ganye – Torngo Road in Adamawa at the rate of N22.699billion and Ado – Ifaki – Otun – Kwara State border in Ekiti State at the rate of N6 billion.
He said that Makurdi bridge in Benue would be repaired at the cost of N4.617 billion; Ihugi – Korinya -Wuse -Ankor in Benue at N15.641 billion and Gbagi – Apa – Owode in Badagry Lagos state at N4.366 billion.
Others are the construction of Ijebu Igbo – Ita Egba Owonowen in Ogun and Oyo states which would cost N9.833 billion while N7.506billion would be spent on dualisation of Jattu – Fugar – Agenebode in Edo Phase II by Mothercat.
He said the Makurdi – Gboko – Wannune – Yander Section 1 in Benue would be reconstructed at the cost of N18.669 billion; Old – Enugu – Port Harcourt Road at Agbogugu – Abia border Spur would cost N13.933 billion.
Adesina said that N6.249billion would be spent on rehabilitation of Umulungbe – Umoka road; Amokwu – Ikedimkpe – Egede – Opeyi Awhum Road in Enugu state at N21.729 billion and rehabilitation of Nkwu Inyi – Akpugoeze in Anambra at N2.595 billion.
He revealed that N4.354billion would be expended on reconstruction of Sabon Birnin – Tsululu – Kuya – Maradi Junction road in Sokoto state.
The presidential aide, who also reacted to a question on 2018 budget, disclosed that the budget would be signed by President Buhari next week.
NAIJ.com previously reported that the Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari approved 995 million dollars for the reconstruction of the phase II of Abuja – Keffi – Akwanga – Lafia – Makurdi road.
The minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Fashola, revealed this to State House correspondents at the end of the Council’s meeting held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Wednesday, May 16.
He said the 995 million dollars for the execution of the project would be obtained from the China-Exim Bank as loan.
What is working well and what needs improvement in Nigeria? – on NAIJ.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech
- Am fighting for state police – Osinbajo
- How N5m gift from a Facebook ‘Good Samaritan’ took me to jail
- 4 reasons women prefer these pot-belly-men to regular 6-pack-men
- Nigeria’s greatest problem is corruption, not restructuring- Osinbajo
- Nigeria handicapped by its dysfunctional structure, says Ezekwesili
- Father of 11 hangs himself over church money
- How Ayeni, others contributed to Skye Bank’s collapse- NDIC
- Investors remain skeptical as Bitcoin price dips
- Cost of stabilizing Naira too high to bear, says expert
- Kwankwaso Meets 3 PhD Holders He Sponsored Abroad