It seems there is an evil air blowing among certain couples lately, as the case of couples murdering each other is now on a disturbing high! Just over the weekend, there was a case of a woman who jumped into the Lagos lagoon over marital issues. (Although the true tale of the incident is yet to be unraveled by authorities. Last month, in Diamond Estate, Sango-Tedo area of Ibeju Lekki, Lagos State, after a female lawyer, Mrs Udeme Odibi, allegedly stabbed her husband to death in their apartment over the same marital issue.
The latest gist about this trend now is that of Olasunkanmi Esho, 42, a Nigerian pharmacist in the US, reportedly shot his Cameroonian wife, Bourk, 33, their 8 years old daughter, Olivia, and himself at a home in the 7500-block of Farmingdale Drive, Darien, Chicago, U.S.
The sad incident is said to have taken place around 1am on Sunday. Olivia according to reports, died in the arms of their 13 years old son, who heard gunshots and went to call his mom, not knowing it was their dad that shot their mom. Their 4-year-old daughter also escaped the incident.
Lawrence Willis, a friend of Esho, who knew her by the name Bourk Efon Mudoh-Esho, said she was a student of his at Chicago State University and a former employee of St. Bernard Hospital and University of Illinois Chicago.
The coroner’s office said they all died of gunshot wounds. After the shooting, Darien police said there was no threat to the community.
Police are conducting death investigations. The coroner’s office and the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office are assisting.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad
- Oshiomhole Reacts To Killings, Gov. Ortom's Exit From APC
- 'Killer' Of Ex-Deputy Governor's Daughter Remanded In Prison
- Fayose Replies Presidency: "Buhari Should Bury His Head In Shame"
- Female Student Deceived, R*ped By Alfa In Lagos
- Ekiti Election: INEC Dares PDP To Go To Court
- Presidency Says Buhari Has Done A Lot About Killings (Details)
- Gang Members Arrested For Robbing Women
- Policemen Extort N100,000 From Building Contractor, Threaten To Kill Him (Evidence)
- Ex-NSA Dasuki Perfects His Bail Conditions, To Regain Freedom
- Kano fire service saves 669 lives, N2.2 bn goods
- Benue governor, Ortom finally quits APC
- Cybercrime: Benin Republic sentences Nigerian students to jail
- Crisis rock Osun APC as party suspends chairman, secretary
- “Why we appointed Ali Modu Sheriff as Buhari campaign manager”
- APC tackles Saraki as another coalition linked to him
- Governor Ortom Dumps APC
- Photos Of Ronaldo Undergoing Medical As He Moves To Juventus
- See Damages Caused By Heavy Rain In Katsina, 25 Killed
- Why ICC invites only Buhari of all world leaders
- Dogara aide dumps APC
- $680m: Oando boss, Tinubu in another messy court case
- Protesters hold bank to ransom in Lagos
- UBA bags best institution in digital banking across Africa
- Tips on how to cope with high blood pressure
- World Cup Final Referee is an idiot – Roy Keane
- SEC reiterates commitment to robust capital market
- Ekiti 2018: ‘Fictitious’ final result causes uproar
- NIMC requires N150bn to enrol every Nigerian
- How INEC conspired with APC to rig Ekiti election – Olushola
- Boko Haram abducts 23 soldiers in Borno state
- I'm Not Afraid Of EFCC, I Won't Run Away From Nigeria - Fayose
- PHOTOS: Many Dead As Bus Goes Off The Road and Plunges Into Edo River
- Soldiers Patrolling Ekiti After APC Governorship Victory (Photos)
- Update On Girl Kidnapped At Lagos Christ Embassy: Fraudsters Contact Family For Money
- Customs Officer Kills Two Colleagues In Lagos
- FUNNY!! How APC's Fayemi Out Spend Fayose's PDP In Ekiti
- I Abducted My Employer’s Son To Raise Money — Arrested Guard
- NYSC Forgery Saga: Police IG Asked To Probe Kemi Adeosun