It is another World Cup season, and this time all roads lead to Russia as the world gears up for another thrilling football festival.
As known, 32 national teams will slug it out in eight different groups for the right to be called world champions.
But with just a day to the start of the global showpiece, having you stopped to wonder which clubs are contributing the most number of players at this year’s World Cup?
Well, it may not have come to mind, but it is worthy to know that the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea all find themselves in this list.
Below are the top 9 clubs contributing most number of players to Russia 2018.
1. Juventus (10 players)
Italian giants Juventus will have ten of their players at the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Having wrapped up a sixth successive Serie A title, the stars of the Juve team will now turn their attention to the World Cup.
The likes of Douglas Costa, Juan Cuadrado, Mario Manzukic, Paulo Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain, among others will be expected to translate the forms to the national level.
Costa face a big competition in the Brazil team, but Manzukic, Dybala and Higuain are expected to play key roles with Croatia and Argentina respectively.
2. Bayern Munich (11 players)
Bayern Munich will also have 11 players featuring at the 2018 World Cup in Russia. The German champions can boast of having a sizable number of their contingent in the Germany national team.
PAY ATTENTION: Click on link to get World Cup fixtures on NAIJ.com
Thomas Muller, Manuel Nueur, Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels, Joshua Kimmich, and five others from the ranks of the Bavarians have been selected by Joachim Low for the tournament.
Aside Nueur and Boateng who are battling respective injuries, the rest are all expected to have good tournaments to help Germany try to retain the trophy they won in 2014.
3. Chelsea (11 players)
Another Premier League club features in this list and it is Chelsea. The Blues endured a miserable campaign in the just ended season but finished as FA Cup champions after beating Manchester United.
Chelsea is set to have 11 of their players playing at the World Cup in Russia, which is not bad for a team that under-performed last season.
Eden Hazard leads the charge, with the likes of Thibaut Courtois, Ceasar Azpilicueta, Gary Cahill, Antony Rudiger, Olivier Giroud and Wiiliam Borges also set to feature at the tournament with their respective countrues.
4. Manchester United (11 players)
Manchester United joins Chelsea and Bayern Munich as the clubs with 11 players each featuring at this year’s World Cup.
The 20-time Premier League champions have David de Gea, Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Victor Lindelof Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku as players at the Mundial.
Pogba, especially, is expected to play a big role in the star-studded France side as they bid to win the World Cup for the first time since 1998.
5. PSG (12 players)
French champions Paris Saint-Germain lay fifth on the list with 12 of their players set to represent at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
The Parisians will be ably represented by Neymar, Edison Cavani, Kylian Mbappe, Thiago Silva and the likes.
The star player is definitely Neymar, who returned with aplomb for the Brazil national team after two months out with a serious injury.
6. Tottenham (12 players)
Tottenham Hotspur are deadlocked with PSG, as the club will also have 12 of their players playing at the World Cup in Russia.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team were one of the most exciting sides both in England and in Europe, with most of their players playing above their weight.
The likes of Eric Dier, Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Hugo Lloris, Jan Vertonghan and Moussa Dembele will also be featuring for their national sides in Russia
7. Barcelona (14 players)
Barcelona come in third position on the list of clubs with the most number of players at this year’s World Cup in Russia.
The Blaugrana will be ably represented by Lionel Messi, who captains the Argentina national team and will be hoping to win a first major title with the side.
Also, Luis Saurez, Sergio Roberto, Ousmane Dembele, Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitic, Gerard Pique, Samuel Umtiti and Yerry Mina will all be participating at the Mundial.
8. Real Madrid (15 players)
European champions Real Madrid will look back at a successive season being climaxed by 14 of their players getting places in their national sides for the World Cup.
Led by Cristinao Ronaldo, Madrid will also have the likes of Luca Modric, Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Sergio Ramos, Keyla Navas, Nacho Monreal, Marcelo Diaz, Raphael Verane, Isco Alcoron and Marco Asensio all in Russia.
9. Manchester City (16 players)
Premier League champions Manchester City will present the most number of players at the 2018 World Cup.
As many as 16 players from Pep Guardiola’s side will line up for the respective nations when the tournament kick starts in less than 24 hours’ time.
Among them are Sergio Aguero, Danilo, Nicholas Otamendi, Kevin De Brunye, Fabian Dehph, Ederson, Fernandinho, Ilkay Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus, Vincent Kompany, Benjamin Mendy, David Silva, Rahim Sterling, among others.
Having dominated the Premier League last season, these players should be able to lighten up Russia with their respective countries.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported the players to watch out for at the World Cup asides Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
The players include Neymar, Kevin De Bryune, Harry Kane, Eden Hazard, Luiz Suarez, Edison Cavani among others.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Fresh trouble for Omo-Agege
- 2019: Saraki dares Atiku
- Governor Ajimobi Shuts Down Obasanjo Farms, Banks
- Policeman Beats LASTMA Officials In Lagos
- Bible Saves Woman From Bullet Fired By Assassins (Photos)
- NYSC: Saraki Served While I Was Director - Chief Ebun Folayan
- Female Lecturer Brutalizes Boy Living With Her As Houseboy
- Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer (Pics)
- Suspect Caught After 'Stealing' Man's Manhood In Lagos (Pics)
- FC Taraba ,FC Zamfara get instant cautions for not honouring their games
- Deutcsh not carried away by Abia Warriors good run
- Volleyball confederation favours Nigeria
- Buhari, Ambode, others storm Osun for rally
- Oil dips as China-U.S trade tensions deepen
- See Nigerian 'Millionaires' Spraying Money Like Paper
- My Appointments Are Fair, I Will Continue To Be Fair - Buhari
- Beautiful Nigerian Twin Sisters Who Wear Same Outfit Everyday
- Shocking Moment 'Dead Man' Wakes Up Minutes Before Burial In Delta (Photos)
- Meet New Deputy Governor Of Kano State
- Senator Uzodinma In N200m "Fraud", Court Orders His Arrest
- Abnormal Things People Do In Relationships
- US, China trade war deepens as Trump slaps tariff on Chines goods
- Airtel woos customers as subscribers’ base decline
- Why ICPC stopped investigation of Adeosun’s certificate forgery
- Nothing ‘ll stop us from implementing recapitalization policy – NAICOM
- 2019: PDP to screen Saraki, Atiku, others
- Nestlé implements 100% satellite monitoring coverage to achieve its “no deforestation” commitment
- Female Police Officer Stabs Husband In Lagos: "Why I Did It"
- I Have The Secret To Help PDP Defeat Tinubu In Lagos - Saraki
- 'Tomorrow Is Pregnant' - Man Shares Pic With Classmate Who Is Now A Nigerian Governor
- Check Out Beautiful Mini Jeep Built By A Nigerian
- Ambode Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fails: What Next?
- PHOTOS: Scene Of Accident Involving Gov Yahaya Bello's Convoy
- "We Can't Feed, Pay House Rent" - Retired Police Officers
- Right Way To Get NYSC Exemption Certificate
- Offa Bank Robbery: Court orders Saraki to face criminal complaint
- Why Nigeria, others have more of 6.3 million dead children in 2017–Report
- Fake Lifestyles On The Rise Because Of Social Media - Actor
- Why Is Boko Haram Threatening To Kill Leah Sharibu?
- Security Crisis At Ekiti Election Tribunal, Judge Relocates Venue