We have not been informed of late Buba Jibril’s vacant post 3 months after his death – INEC official faults Kogi Reps
– James Apam, an official of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has said that the commission is yet to be informed of the death of late Buba Jibril, a lawmaker
– Apam complained that INEC has not received any official letter on the vacant post left by the deceased
– He said that until the commission is officially informed, no by-election will be conducted for the office
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as reports reveal, is yet uninformed about the death of late Buba Jibril, the deputy majority Leader in the House of Representatives, who represented Lokoja/Kogi federal constituency. The lawmaker passed on Thursday, March 29 due to alleged health complications, Punch reports.
Professor James Apam, a resident electoral commissioner in Kogi made disclosed this on Wednesday, June 13.
Apam claimed that there has been no official letter from the House informing INEC about the vacant post.
Apam said: “As a law abiding citizen of the country, we have to wait until we are officially informed that there is a vacancy in the House before we can commence the process of conducting a by-election to fill the position.”
INEC’s defence came immediately after the by-election held in Oyo state to fill the position of the state’s House of Assembly speaker who died a month after Jibril’s death.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reported that aged 58 years, Jibril, a three time member of the house, died in the early hours of Friday in Abuja, one of his political associates, Amuda Dan Sulaiman, confirmed to newsmen.
He was until his death, the deputy majority leader of the house. He was also a former speaker of the Kogi state House of Assembly.
President Buhari on 2019 presidential election: will you vote for him? | NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers :Here is D’Tigers rely anchorman
- Nigeria Senate Minority Leader lost voice, somersaulted after Ahmed Musa’s brace
- Niger Tornadoes to resume next Thursday
- NANPF congratulates Super Eagles on victory over Iceland
- Nigeria goalkeeper Ikeme in remission after year-long cancer battle
- Musa unsure on Leicester City future.
- Nigeria will remain humble ahead to crunch Argentina – Coach Rohr
- History as Taekwondo congress adopts constitution
- FG introduces new scheme targeting unidentified loot in Switzerland
- FIFA probes Argentina, Croatia
- Clashes loom as old SDP replaces nPDP after APC convention
- Any Lady That Disrespects Her Husband/Father of Her Child Does Not Know God - Nollywood Actress
- Choosing Faith Over Fear As A Child Of God
- Kidnappers Arrested Over Failed N20m Ransom In Lagos
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season