We have not been informed of late Buba Jibril’s vacant post 3 months after his death – INEC official faults Kogi Reps
– James Apam, an official of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has said that the commission is yet to be informed of the death of late Buba Jibril, a lawmaker
– Apam complained that INEC has not received any official letter on the vacant post left by the deceased
– He said that until the commission is officially informed, no by-election will be conducted for the office
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as reports reveal, is yet uninformed about the death of late Buba Jibril, the deputy majority Leader in the House of Representatives, who represented Lokoja/Kogi federal constituency. The lawmaker passed on Thursday, March 29 due to alleged health complications, Punch reports.
Professor James Apam, a resident electoral commissioner in Kogi made disclosed this on Wednesday, June 13.
Apam claimed that there has been no official letter from the House informing INEC about the vacant post.
Apam said: “As a law abiding citizen of the country, we have to wait until we are officially informed that there is a vacancy in the House before we can commence the process of conducting a by-election to fill the position.”
INEC’s defence came immediately after the by-election held in Oyo state to fill the position of the state’s House of Assembly speaker who died a month after Jibril’s death.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reported that aged 58 years, Jibril, a three time member of the house, died in the early hours of Friday in Abuja, one of his political associates, Amuda Dan Sulaiman, confirmed to newsmen.
He was until his death, the deputy majority leader of the house. He was also a former speaker of the Kogi state House of Assembly.
President Buhari on 2019 presidential election: will you vote for him? | NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Fresh trouble for Omo-Agege
- 2019: Saraki dares Atiku
- Governor Ajimobi Shuts Down Obasanjo Farms, Banks
- Policeman Beats LASTMA Officials In Lagos
- Bible Saves Woman From Bullet Fired By Assassins (Photos)
- NYSC: Saraki Served While I Was Director - Chief Ebun Folayan
- Female Lecturer Brutalizes Boy Living With Her As Houseboy
- Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer (Pics)
- Suspect Caught After 'Stealing' Man's Manhood In Lagos (Pics)
- FC Taraba ,FC Zamfara get instant cautions for not honouring their games
- Deutcsh not carried away by Abia Warriors good run
- Volleyball confederation favours Nigeria
- Buhari, Ambode, others storm Osun for rally
- Oil dips as China-U.S trade tensions deepen
- See Nigerian 'Millionaires' Spraying Money Like Paper
- My Appointments Are Fair, I Will Continue To Be Fair - Buhari
- Beautiful Nigerian Twin Sisters Who Wear Same Outfit Everyday
- Shocking Moment 'Dead Man' Wakes Up Minutes Before Burial In Delta (Photos)
- Meet New Deputy Governor Of Kano State
- Senator Uzodinma In N200m "Fraud", Court Orders His Arrest
- Abnormal Things People Do In Relationships
- US, China trade war deepens as Trump slaps tariff on Chines goods
- Airtel woos customers as subscribers’ base decline
- Why ICPC stopped investigation of Adeosun’s certificate forgery
- Nothing ‘ll stop us from implementing recapitalization policy – NAICOM
- 2019: PDP to screen Saraki, Atiku, others
- Nestlé implements 100% satellite monitoring coverage to achieve its “no deforestation” commitment
- Female Police Officer Stabs Husband In Lagos: "Why I Did It"
- I Have The Secret To Help PDP Defeat Tinubu In Lagos - Saraki
- 'Tomorrow Is Pregnant' - Man Shares Pic With Classmate Who Is Now A Nigerian Governor
- Check Out Beautiful Mini Jeep Built By A Nigerian
- Ambode Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fails: What Next?
- PHOTOS: Scene Of Accident Involving Gov Yahaya Bello's Convoy
- "We Can't Feed, Pay House Rent" - Retired Police Officers
- Right Way To Get NYSC Exemption Certificate
- Offa Bank Robbery: Court orders Saraki to face criminal complaint
- Why Nigeria, others have more of 6.3 million dead children in 2017–Report
- Fake Lifestyles On The Rise Because Of Social Media - Actor
- Why Is Boko Haram Threatening To Kill Leah Sharibu?
- Security Crisis At Ekiti Election Tribunal, Judge Relocates Venue