– A former chiftain of the party, John Akperashi, gave this warning while reacting to the issues of killings in the state
– He also claimed the APC will not get get 5000 votes in the forthcoming general elections
John Akperashi, a former chieftain of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Benue state has asked the party not to nurse the ambition of winning the state in the forthcoming general elections.
The former party chieftain said APC will not get more than 5000 votes in the coming elections in the state.
He also advised Governor Samuel Ortom to seek alternative party where he would actualise his second term bid.
While lamenting the death of Benue people in the hands of suspected herdsmen, he described the APC as Miyetti Allah party, Nigerian Tribune reports.
On his reasons for dumping the APC, he explained that some of them who followed governor Ortom to APC from PDP have been pushed aside including the governor.
“In everything, the people have pushed us aside and when I saw all these things, I told the governor but I saw that there was nothing he could do because even in his local government, ‘Guma’, the persons elected during the ward and local government congresses were not his loyalists.
“His hands were tied. No single person who followed him from PDP to APC had his interest protected. I told him that as a governor you can have your way but for me, I cannot continue to be part of this arrangement where I will be doing political work and someone else will take the glory.
“To an average Benue person, the APC is seen as Miyetti Allah party that has preference for cows over human beings. The party lacks credibility and is insensitive to the plight of the people.
“I know very well that gov Ortom is not comfortable in the APC. If he is pretending then that is his own problem. It is either he is just playing along or playing to the gallery. He is just buying time to take his decision and at the appropriate time, he will just leave.
“But he has the resources so he can do whatever he likes at any time, but some of us are still growing. If what is obtainable in the APC I do not see him winning elections.”
He also said that Governor Ortom has a brighter chance of securing his second term because of his stance against the killings in the state.
“Yes, he has done his best and I give him kudos for that. I have said it often that put Suswam and Ortom, he has done well more than the former in terms of protecting the lives of his people and fighting herdsmen because of the law he collaborated with Benue people to sign,” he concluded.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that the Benue state government obtained the permission of the high court to institute a criminal case against the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal for allegedly being behind the attacks that resulted in the deaths of several persons in the state between December 31, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Man wants divorce after dreaming this
- Why Porto signed me on loan—–Nwakali
- I did not call Sterling a Black C***’ – Abusive Chelsea Fan
- Ex-Super Eagles player, Obinna Nsofor, celebrates Italian citizenship
- Toure dumps club
- Iwobi speaks on dilemma
- Barca equal Bayern’s champions league record
- Manchester City agree deal for USA keeper
- Arraignment of Omokore, other stalled in court
- Buhari's Minister Resigns To Become Traditional Ruler
- Missing Boy Found 2 Years After Abduction, Notorious Female Kidnapper Nabbed
- Kidnappers Are Threatening To Kill This Pregnant Lady Within 24hours Over Money (Photos)
- Face Of Woman Arrested After Mobilizing Thugs To Beat Up Her Security For Demanding His Salary
- Shock As Lady Having S*x With Men For Money Is Murdered For Money Ritual (Photos)
- 'I Will Fight It' - UK's Theresa May faces Vote of No Confidence, may lose her position
- Donald Duke, Sowore, Others React As Only 5 Candidates Are Picked For Presidential Debate
- OMG! Therapist Commits Suicide After Helping Fellow Nigerian Overcome Depression
- PHOTOS: Atiku, Ezekwesili Sign Peace Accord In Abuja
- Trump awarded almost $300,000 in Daniels defamation lawsuit
- Lagos and the garbage question
- Rising political tension responsible for capital market woes – Don
- Yemi Alade breaks internet with her near-nude photos
- Pageantry: 10 Minutes With Winner Of Mr And Mrs. Aviation
- Simi Live In Late Lagos: Good, bad and ugly
- Rich 70yrs Old Alhaji Marries 15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl (Photos)
- Break Traffic Laws In Lagos and Get 3 Years Imprisonment - Lagos Govt. Warns
- 19-Year-Old Nigerian Breaks Record In US Air Force (Photos)
- Buhari Challenged By PDP: Probe Your Associates, Relatives Involved In Corruption
- OBJ Replies Presidency: Allow Me Focus On Supporting Atiku
- Wife Who Killed Nigerian Traditional Ruler Sentenced To Death
- Reactions As Buhari Excludes S-East and S-South From EFCC
- Lekan Shonde asks court to reduce charge to manslaughter over wife's murder case
- Put Nigeria First In Conducting 2019 Election - Buhari to INEC
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama