– A former chiftain of the party, John Akperashi, gave this warning while reacting to the issues of killings in the state
– He also claimed the APC will not get get 5000 votes in the forthcoming general elections
John Akperashi, a former chieftain of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Benue state has asked the party not to nurse the ambition of winning the state in the forthcoming general elections.
The former party chieftain said APC will not get more than 5000 votes in the coming elections in the state.
He also advised Governor Samuel Ortom to seek alternative party where he would actualise his second term bid.
While lamenting the death of Benue people in the hands of suspected herdsmen, he described the APC as Miyetti Allah party, Nigerian Tribune reports.
On his reasons for dumping the APC, he explained that some of them who followed governor Ortom to APC from PDP have been pushed aside including the governor.
“In everything, the people have pushed us aside and when I saw all these things, I told the governor but I saw that there was nothing he could do because even in his local government, ‘Guma’, the persons elected during the ward and local government congresses were not his loyalists.
“His hands were tied. No single person who followed him from PDP to APC had his interest protected. I told him that as a governor you can have your way but for me, I cannot continue to be part of this arrangement where I will be doing political work and someone else will take the glory.
“To an average Benue person, the APC is seen as Miyetti Allah party that has preference for cows over human beings. The party lacks credibility and is insensitive to the plight of the people.
“I know very well that gov Ortom is not comfortable in the APC. If he is pretending then that is his own problem. It is either he is just playing along or playing to the gallery. He is just buying time to take his decision and at the appropriate time, he will just leave.
“But he has the resources so he can do whatever he likes at any time, but some of us are still growing. If what is obtainable in the APC I do not see him winning elections.”
He also said that Governor Ortom has a brighter chance of securing his second term because of his stance against the killings in the state.
“Yes, he has done his best and I give him kudos for that. I have said it often that put Suswam and Ortom, he has done well more than the former in terms of protecting the lives of his people and fighting herdsmen because of the law he collaborated with Benue people to sign,” he concluded.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that the Benue state government obtained the permission of the high court to institute a criminal case against the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal for allegedly being behind the attacks that resulted in the deaths of several persons in the state between December 31, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Court orders senator to be summoned on newspaper
- APC gov.-elect visits Omisore
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Pictured With FIFA President
- I Didn't Purchase ADC Governorship Form For Governor Ambode - Former Speaker Ikuforiji
- Tears As Massive Flood Kills Pastor & His Wife In Imo State
- OPM Church Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School
- PDP afraid of rerun in Osun, says APC
- Prudent Energy Handball League to commence on Wednesday
- Anderson gains revenge over Novak Djokovic
- CAF Cup: Ikpeazu hails Enyimba for trouncing Rayon
- Tiger Woods wins first trophy in five years
- Mbaoma shoots Akwa United to top group
- Ballon d’Or: France football magazine to present award to best female player
- Tunde Sanni resigns as ABS coach
- Many Jubilate As Court Declares Okorocha Deputy's Impeachment Illegal (Photos)
- Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His First Son Is Dead
- DSS Confirms Arrest, Detention Of Aisha Buhari’s ADC
- EXPOSED: INEC Removed 4,387 Votes From Our Ballots – PDP
- Fani-Kayode Visits Kwankwaso At His Residence
- APC Sends Kayode Fayemi To Omisore's House
- NSCDC begins inspection of petrol stations in Nasarawa State
- Real Madrid joins race for Ajax Fenkie de jong
- Pique: History speaks for itself
- Allegri: Ronaldo’s mentality, stronger than others
- Carragher: Arsenal, Man utd will miss out on top 4
- FG explains why Nigeria Air project was suspended
- CBN releases new cheque standard
- CBN retains rates again
- Stakeholders express concerns over adulterated palm oil
- CUSTOMS: FOU Owerri impounds military Camouflage, Tramadol, others
- Baby Escapes Death After Crawling Into A Major Road (Photo)
- FG Opens Up On Reason For Suspending Nigeria Air
- Robbers Busted After Snatching SUV From Victim At Gunpoint
- 2019: Abdulsalami Peace Committee In Closed-Door Meeting With INEC Chairman
- Special Offer On Trips To Dubai
- Farmers urged to harvest produce on time
- Aisha Buhari Orders Arrest Of Her Own ADC, Alleges N2.5b Fraud
- Singer Timi Dakolo Shares Fun Pic With Wife
- Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen Who Didn't Endorse Him, Considers Massive Sack?
- Face Of Heartless Son Who Killed His Father To Inherit Millions