– A former chiftain of the party, John Akperashi, gave this warning while reacting to the issues of killings in the state
– He also claimed the APC will not get get 5000 votes in the forthcoming general elections
John Akperashi, a former chieftain of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Benue state has asked the party not to nurse the ambition of winning the state in the forthcoming general elections.
The former party chieftain said APC will not get more than 5000 votes in the coming elections in the state.
He also advised Governor Samuel Ortom to seek alternative party where he would actualise his second term bid.
While lamenting the death of Benue people in the hands of suspected herdsmen, he described the APC as Miyetti Allah party, Nigerian Tribune reports.
On his reasons for dumping the APC, he explained that some of them who followed governor Ortom to APC from PDP have been pushed aside including the governor.
“In everything, the people have pushed us aside and when I saw all these things, I told the governor but I saw that there was nothing he could do because even in his local government, ‘Guma’, the persons elected during the ward and local government congresses were not his loyalists.
“His hands were tied. No single person who followed him from PDP to APC had his interest protected. I told him that as a governor you can have your way but for me, I cannot continue to be part of this arrangement where I will be doing political work and someone else will take the glory.
“To an average Benue person, the APC is seen as Miyetti Allah party that has preference for cows over human beings. The party lacks credibility and is insensitive to the plight of the people.
“I know very well that gov Ortom is not comfortable in the APC. If he is pretending then that is his own problem. It is either he is just playing along or playing to the gallery. He is just buying time to take his decision and at the appropriate time, he will just leave.
“But he has the resources so he can do whatever he likes at any time, but some of us are still growing. If what is obtainable in the APC I do not see him winning elections.”
He also said that Governor Ortom has a brighter chance of securing his second term because of his stance against the killings in the state.
“Yes, he has done his best and I give him kudos for that. I have said it often that put Suswam and Ortom, he has done well more than the former in terms of protecting the lives of his people and fighting herdsmen because of the law he collaborated with Benue people to sign,” he concluded.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that the Benue state government obtained the permission of the high court to institute a criminal case against the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal for allegedly being behind the attacks that resulted in the deaths of several persons in the state between December 31, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad
- Oshiomhole Reacts To Killings, Gov. Ortom's Exit From APC
- 'Killer' Of Ex-Deputy Governor's Daughter Remanded In Prison
- Fayose Replies Presidency: "Buhari Should Bury His Head In Shame"
- Female Student Deceived, R*ped By Alfa In Lagos
- Ekiti Election: INEC Dares PDP To Go To Court
- Presidency Says Buhari Has Done A Lot About Killings (Details)
- Gang Members Arrested For Robbing Women
- Policemen Extort N100,000 From Building Contractor, Threaten To Kill Him (Evidence)
- Ex-NSA Dasuki Perfects His Bail Conditions, To Regain Freedom
- Kano fire service saves 669 lives, N2.2 bn goods
- Benue governor, Ortom finally quits APC
- Cybercrime: Benin Republic sentences Nigerian students to jail
- Crisis rock Osun APC as party suspends chairman, secretary
- “Why we appointed Ali Modu Sheriff as Buhari campaign manager”
- APC tackles Saraki as another coalition linked to him
- Governor Ortom Dumps APC
- Photos Of Ronaldo Undergoing Medical As He Moves To Juventus
- See Damages Caused By Heavy Rain In Katsina, 25 Killed
- Why ICC invites only Buhari of all world leaders
- Dogara aide dumps APC
- $680m: Oando boss, Tinubu in another messy court case
- Protesters hold bank to ransom in Lagos
- UBA bags best institution in digital banking across Africa
- Tips on how to cope with high blood pressure
- World Cup Final Referee is an idiot – Roy Keane
- SEC reiterates commitment to robust capital market
- Ekiti 2018: ‘Fictitious’ final result causes uproar
- NIMC requires N150bn to enrol every Nigerian
- How INEC conspired with APC to rig Ekiti election – Olushola
- Boko Haram abducts 23 soldiers in Borno state
- I'm Not Afraid Of EFCC, I Won't Run Away From Nigeria - Fayose
- PHOTOS: Many Dead As Bus Goes Off The Road and Plunges Into Edo River
- Soldiers Patrolling Ekiti After APC Governorship Victory (Photos)
- Update On Girl Kidnapped At Lagos Christ Embassy: Fraudsters Contact Family For Money
- Customs Officer Kills Two Colleagues In Lagos
- FUNNY!! How APC's Fayemi Out Spend Fayose's PDP In Ekiti
- I Abducted My Employer’s Son To Raise Money — Arrested Guard
- NYSC Forgery Saga: Police IG Asked To Probe Kemi Adeosun