APC stakeholders in south-south would work tirelessly to ensure Buhari emerges victorious – National vice chairman
– Eta said APC stakeholders in the region would work tirelessly to ensure that President Buhari emerges victorious
– The APC chieftain speaking on crisis in the party said the issues was self-inflicted
Ntufam Hilliard Eta, the national vice Chairman, south-south, All Progressives Congress (APC), has expressed optimism that the region will massively vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 presidential election.
He said that the president had creditably acquitted himself; hence he deserved a second term in office.
“Far away from a time when a ruling party will tell you that they are going to conquer; they are going to garrison a political context.
“We will rather work hard in persuading our people to first of all understand; then believe in the policies of President Buhari and then give the necessary support he needs in 2019 to continue the good work that he is doing.
“That is the work that has been cut out for us and we are not overwhelmed by that work; we need to direct our energies and time to that task.
“God being with us, we will win the presidential election in the south-south,’’ he said.
“25 years ago MKO won the presidential election and not only was he stopped from taking power, he died in the process; unfortunately he was not the only one who died because of the fight to actualise June 12. A lot of Nigerians also died.
“In resuscitating the mandate and validating it, President Buhari has defined Nigeria along the lines of the principles that attended June 12, 1993 presidential election.
“It was a moment when Nigerians predicated their choice of leaders very far away from our fault lines which constitute things like religion, ethnicity, creed and even s*x.
“On that day, Nigerians announced their unity and oneness; people can speak of the abandonment of religious and tribal cleavages but there is one they miss- Abiola was the first democratically elected president of southern extraction,’’ Eta said.
He said that Buhari had resurrected the oneness and unity of Nigeria by honouring Abiola with GCFR.
Speaking on crisis facing the ruling party, Eta said that solution had been found by the `conscription’ of comrade Adams Oshiomole to come and take the reins of leadership as the national chairman of the party.
The APC chieftain said that the crisis in the party was self-inflicted as a result of weakened leadership at the top.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
NAIJ.com previously reported that Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state called on the members of All Progressives Congress (APC) across the country to allow more people to join the party to come out victorious during the 2019 general elections.
Tambuwal said that moblilisation for more members would help the party have a landslide victory during the elections.
The Sokoto state governor also advised APC members not to lock their doors for new entrants into the party, adding that the party still needs more people to join its fold.
APC chieftain give reasons why his party could be voted out in 2019 – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Fresh trouble for Omo-Agege
- 2019: Saraki dares Atiku
- Governor Ajimobi Shuts Down Obasanjo Farms, Banks
- Policeman Beats LASTMA Officials In Lagos
- Bible Saves Woman From Bullet Fired By Assassins (Photos)
- NYSC: Saraki Served While I Was Director - Chief Ebun Folayan
- Female Lecturer Brutalizes Boy Living With Her As Houseboy
- Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer (Pics)
- Suspect Caught After 'Stealing' Man's Manhood In Lagos (Pics)
- FC Taraba ,FC Zamfara get instant cautions for not honouring their games
- Deutcsh not carried away by Abia Warriors good run
- Volleyball confederation favours Nigeria
- Buhari, Ambode, others storm Osun for rally
- Oil dips as China-U.S trade tensions deepen
- See Nigerian 'Millionaires' Spraying Money Like Paper
- My Appointments Are Fair, I Will Continue To Be Fair - Buhari
- Beautiful Nigerian Twin Sisters Who Wear Same Outfit Everyday
- Shocking Moment 'Dead Man' Wakes Up Minutes Before Burial In Delta (Photos)
- Meet New Deputy Governor Of Kano State
- Senator Uzodinma In N200m "Fraud", Court Orders His Arrest
- Abnormal Things People Do In Relationships
- US, China trade war deepens as Trump slaps tariff on Chines goods
- Airtel woos customers as subscribers’ base decline
- Why ICPC stopped investigation of Adeosun’s certificate forgery
- Nothing ‘ll stop us from implementing recapitalization policy – NAICOM
- 2019: PDP to screen Saraki, Atiku, others
- Nestlé implements 100% satellite monitoring coverage to achieve its “no deforestation” commitment
- Female Police Officer Stabs Husband In Lagos: "Why I Did It"
- I Have The Secret To Help PDP Defeat Tinubu In Lagos - Saraki
- 'Tomorrow Is Pregnant' - Man Shares Pic With Classmate Who Is Now A Nigerian Governor
- Check Out Beautiful Mini Jeep Built By A Nigerian
- Ambode Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fails: What Next?
- PHOTOS: Scene Of Accident Involving Gov Yahaya Bello's Convoy
- "We Can't Feed, Pay House Rent" - Retired Police Officers
- Right Way To Get NYSC Exemption Certificate
- Offa Bank Robbery: Court orders Saraki to face criminal complaint
- Why Nigeria, others have more of 6.3 million dead children in 2017–Report
- Fake Lifestyles On The Rise Because Of Social Media - Actor
- Why Is Boko Haram Threatening To Kill Leah Sharibu?
- Security Crisis At Ekiti Election Tribunal, Judge Relocates Venue