APC stakeholders in south-south would work tirelessly to ensure Buhari emerges victorious – National vice chairman
– Eta said APC stakeholders in the region would work tirelessly to ensure that President Buhari emerges victorious
– The APC chieftain speaking on crisis in the party said the issues was self-inflicted
Ntufam Hilliard Eta, the national vice Chairman, south-south, All Progressives Congress (APC), has expressed optimism that the region will massively vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 presidential election.
He said that the president had creditably acquitted himself; hence he deserved a second term in office.
“Far away from a time when a ruling party will tell you that they are going to conquer; they are going to garrison a political context.
“We will rather work hard in persuading our people to first of all understand; then believe in the policies of President Buhari and then give the necessary support he needs in 2019 to continue the good work that he is doing.
“That is the work that has been cut out for us and we are not overwhelmed by that work; we need to direct our energies and time to that task.
“God being with us, we will win the presidential election in the south-south,’’ he said.
“25 years ago MKO won the presidential election and not only was he stopped from taking power, he died in the process; unfortunately he was not the only one who died because of the fight to actualise June 12. A lot of Nigerians also died.
“In resuscitating the mandate and validating it, President Buhari has defined Nigeria along the lines of the principles that attended June 12, 1993 presidential election.
“It was a moment when Nigerians predicated their choice of leaders very far away from our fault lines which constitute things like religion, ethnicity, creed and even s*x.
“On that day, Nigerians announced their unity and oneness; people can speak of the abandonment of religious and tribal cleavages but there is one they miss- Abiola was the first democratically elected president of southern extraction,’’ Eta said.
He said that Buhari had resurrected the oneness and unity of Nigeria by honouring Abiola with GCFR.
Speaking on crisis facing the ruling party, Eta said that solution had been found by the `conscription’ of comrade Adams Oshiomole to come and take the reins of leadership as the national chairman of the party.
The APC chieftain said that the crisis in the party was self-inflicted as a result of weakened leadership at the top.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
NAIJ.com previously reported that Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state called on the members of All Progressives Congress (APC) across the country to allow more people to join the party to come out victorious during the 2019 general elections.
Tambuwal said that moblilisation for more members would help the party have a landslide victory during the elections.
The Sokoto state governor also advised APC members not to lock their doors for new entrants into the party, adding that the party still needs more people to join its fold.
APC chieftain give reasons why his party could be voted out in 2019 – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers :Here is D’Tigers rely anchorman
- Nigeria Senate Minority Leader lost voice, somersaulted after Ahmed Musa’s brace
- Niger Tornadoes to resume next Thursday
- NANPF congratulates Super Eagles on victory over Iceland
- Nigeria goalkeeper Ikeme in remission after year-long cancer battle
- Musa unsure on Leicester City future.
- Nigeria will remain humble ahead to crunch Argentina – Coach Rohr
- History as Taekwondo congress adopts constitution
- FG introduces new scheme targeting unidentified loot in Switzerland
- FIFA probes Argentina, Croatia
- Clashes loom as old SDP replaces nPDP after APC convention
- Any Lady That Disrespects Her Husband/Father of Her Child Does Not Know God - Nollywood Actress
- Choosing Faith Over Fear As A Child Of God
- Kidnappers Arrested Over Failed N20m Ransom In Lagos
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season