APC stakeholders in south-south would work tirelessly to ensure Buhari emerges victorious – National vice chairman
– Eta said APC stakeholders in the region would work tirelessly to ensure that President Buhari emerges victorious
– The APC chieftain speaking on crisis in the party said the issues was self-inflicted
Ntufam Hilliard Eta, the national vice Chairman, south-south, All Progressives Congress (APC), has expressed optimism that the region will massively vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 presidential election.
He said that the president had creditably acquitted himself; hence he deserved a second term in office.
“Far away from a time when a ruling party will tell you that they are going to conquer; they are going to garrison a political context.
“We will rather work hard in persuading our people to first of all understand; then believe in the policies of President Buhari and then give the necessary support he needs in 2019 to continue the good work that he is doing.
“That is the work that has been cut out for us and we are not overwhelmed by that work; we need to direct our energies and time to that task.
“God being with us, we will win the presidential election in the south-south,’’ he said.
“25 years ago MKO won the presidential election and not only was he stopped from taking power, he died in the process; unfortunately he was not the only one who died because of the fight to actualise June 12. A lot of Nigerians also died.
“In resuscitating the mandate and validating it, President Buhari has defined Nigeria along the lines of the principles that attended June 12, 1993 presidential election.
“It was a moment when Nigerians predicated their choice of leaders very far away from our fault lines which constitute things like religion, ethnicity, creed and even s*x.
“On that day, Nigerians announced their unity and oneness; people can speak of the abandonment of religious and tribal cleavages but there is one they miss- Abiola was the first democratically elected president of southern extraction,’’ Eta said.
He said that Buhari had resurrected the oneness and unity of Nigeria by honouring Abiola with GCFR.
Speaking on crisis facing the ruling party, Eta said that solution had been found by the `conscription’ of comrade Adams Oshiomole to come and take the reins of leadership as the national chairman of the party.
The APC chieftain said that the crisis in the party was self-inflicted as a result of weakened leadership at the top.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
NAIJ.com previously reported that Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state called on the members of All Progressives Congress (APC) across the country to allow more people to join the party to come out victorious during the 2019 general elections.
Tambuwal said that moblilisation for more members would help the party have a landslide victory during the elections.
The Sokoto state governor also advised APC members not to lock their doors for new entrants into the party, adding that the party still needs more people to join its fold.
APC chieftain give reasons why his party could be voted out in 2019 – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech
- Am fighting for state police – Osinbajo
- How N5m gift from a Facebook ‘Good Samaritan’ took me to jail
- 4 reasons women prefer these pot-belly-men to regular 6-pack-men
- Nigeria’s greatest problem is corruption, not restructuring- Osinbajo
- Nigeria handicapped by its dysfunctional structure, says Ezekwesili
- Father of 11 hangs himself over church money
- How Ayeni, others contributed to Skye Bank’s collapse- NDIC
- Investors remain skeptical as Bitcoin price dips
- Cost of stabilizing Naira too high to bear, says expert
- Kwankwaso Meets 3 PhD Holders He Sponsored Abroad