NAIJ.com takes you into the life of Waliyah Abiola, one of over 70 official children of the late MKO Abiola who is may have passed on but is still celebrated in Nigeria.
The beautiful singer proved to be just like her father who discovered his entrepreneurial skills at a young age. Waliyah discovered her music talent at a tender age.
A graduate of Imperial College London, this sultry singer says she started singing as a teenager, but never thought anything of it professionally, until about 10 years ago.
In the bid to pursue her talent, she headlined a sold-out concert at London’s Jazz Cafe in 2011 which she had organised and promoted the show herself.
Waliyah Abiola performing on stage
According to reports, the following year, she wrote and performed the BBC approved Olympic UK single, ‘It’s Time’ which was hugely promoted by Coca Cola, Grammy award-winning Super producer, Patrick Leonard and Nigeria’s Funmi Iyanda among others popular artistes.
Waliyah proved herself a real Afro-pop singer after her debut single, Ejekajo helped her gain prominence in Nigeria as it received massive air play.
Among her numerous songs is Siwaju’, produced by Sarz and ‘Shut It Down’, produced by Tee Y Mix. She has also shared the stage with some Nigerian music stars like Tiwa Savage, Omawunmi and 2Baba at different shows.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News App
Get the hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
Abiola Is The Messiah of Nigeria’s Democracy; I Foresaw the Annulment – Kenny Martins | Naij.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech
- Am fighting for state police – Osinbajo
- How N5m gift from a Facebook ‘Good Samaritan’ took me to jail
- 4 reasons women prefer these pot-belly-men to regular 6-pack-men
- Nigeria’s greatest problem is corruption, not restructuring- Osinbajo
- Nigeria handicapped by its dysfunctional structure, says Ezekwesili
- Father of 11 hangs himself over church money
- How Ayeni, others contributed to Skye Bank’s collapse- NDIC
- Investors remain skeptical as Bitcoin price dips
- Cost of stabilizing Naira too high to bear, says expert
- Kwankwaso Meets 3 PhD Holders He Sponsored Abroad