NAIJ.com takes you into the life of Waliyah Abiola, one of over 70 official children of the late MKO Abiola who is may have passed on but is still celebrated in Nigeria.
The beautiful singer proved to be just like her father who discovered his entrepreneurial skills at a young age. Waliyah discovered her music talent at a tender age.
A graduate of Imperial College London, this sultry singer says she started singing as a teenager, but never thought anything of it professionally, until about 10 years ago.
In the bid to pursue her talent, she headlined a sold-out concert at London’s Jazz Cafe in 2011 which she had organised and promoted the show herself.
Waliyah Abiola performing on stage
According to reports, the following year, she wrote and performed the BBC approved Olympic UK single, ‘It’s Time’ which was hugely promoted by Coca Cola, Grammy award-winning Super producer, Patrick Leonard and Nigeria’s Funmi Iyanda among others popular artistes.
Waliyah proved herself a real Afro-pop singer after her debut single, Ejekajo helped her gain prominence in Nigeria as it received massive air play.
Among her numerous songs is Siwaju’, produced by Sarz and ‘Shut It Down’, produced by Tee Y Mix. She has also shared the stage with some Nigerian music stars like Tiwa Savage, Omawunmi and 2Baba at different shows.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News App
Get the hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
Abiola Is The Messiah of Nigeria’s Democracy; I Foresaw the Annulment – Kenny Martins | Naij.com TV:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers :Here is D’Tigers rely anchorman
- Nigeria Senate Minority Leader lost voice, somersaulted after Ahmed Musa’s brace
- Niger Tornadoes to resume next Thursday
- NANPF congratulates Super Eagles on victory over Iceland
- Nigeria goalkeeper Ikeme in remission after year-long cancer battle
- Musa unsure on Leicester City future.
- Nigeria will remain humble ahead to crunch Argentina – Coach Rohr
- History as Taekwondo congress adopts constitution
- FG introduces new scheme targeting unidentified loot in Switzerland
- FIFA probes Argentina, Croatia
- Clashes loom as old SDP replaces nPDP after APC convention
- Any Lady That Disrespects Her Husband/Father of Her Child Does Not Know God - Nollywood Actress
- Choosing Faith Over Fear As A Child Of God
- Kidnappers Arrested Over Failed N20m Ransom In Lagos
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season