– Nigeria‘s public officials perceived to have looted the nation’s treasury may be in for a tough one as their visa could be revoked by the United Kingdom
– This move was first taken by the United States when it revoked Raymond Dokpesi’s visa
– The Special Investigation Panel was said to be partnering with the UK’s home secretary
Just as the United States revoked Raymond Dokpesi’s US visa, the United Kingdom may take a similar step by revoking visas of Nigeria’s public officials perceived to have stolen public funds.
The Special Investigation Panel (SPIP) issued a statement on Wednesday, June 13, and the chairman of the panel, Okoi Obono-Obla, was quoted as saying that the SPIP was partnering with the UK’s home secretary.
Obono-Obla said that this is to ensure that some public officers “perceived to have looted public funds and illegally acquired assets both in Nigeria and the UK’’ are prevented from entering the country, The Cable reports.
NAIJ.com notes that the chairman of the panel said: “The panel has also compiled a list of over 200 past and serving public officers perceived to have illegally enriched themselves at the expense of the nation and the Nigerian people, among others.”
According to him, the panel has recovered $7 million illegally kept in Heritage Bank. He said that the probe of former governors and lawmakers was ongoing.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a top member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Raymond Dokpesi, said that his United States visa was revoked because his name was on the looters list released by the federal government.
Dokpesi, the founder of Daar Communication which has two radio stations and the African Independent Television, sued Lai Mohammed, the nation’s information minister, who announced the list.
FG releases list of looters, Nigerians blow hot (Nigerian Street Interview) | on NAIJ.com
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Fresh trouble for Omo-Agege
- 2019: Saraki dares Atiku
- Governor Ajimobi Shuts Down Obasanjo Farms, Banks
- Policeman Beats LASTMA Officials In Lagos
- Bible Saves Woman From Bullet Fired By Assassins (Photos)
- NYSC: Saraki Served While I Was Director - Chief Ebun Folayan
- Female Lecturer Brutalizes Boy Living With Her As Houseboy
- Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer (Pics)
- Suspect Caught After 'Stealing' Man's Manhood In Lagos (Pics)
- FC Taraba ,FC Zamfara get instant cautions for not honouring their games
- Deutcsh not carried away by Abia Warriors good run
- Volleyball confederation favours Nigeria
- Buhari, Ambode, others storm Osun for rally
- Oil dips as China-U.S trade tensions deepen
- See Nigerian 'Millionaires' Spraying Money Like Paper
- My Appointments Are Fair, I Will Continue To Be Fair - Buhari
- Beautiful Nigerian Twin Sisters Who Wear Same Outfit Everyday
- Shocking Moment 'Dead Man' Wakes Up Minutes Before Burial In Delta (Photos)
- Meet New Deputy Governor Of Kano State
- Senator Uzodinma In N200m "Fraud", Court Orders His Arrest
- Abnormal Things People Do In Relationships
- US, China trade war deepens as Trump slaps tariff on Chines goods
- Airtel woos customers as subscribers’ base decline
- Why ICPC stopped investigation of Adeosun’s certificate forgery
- Nothing ‘ll stop us from implementing recapitalization policy – NAICOM
- 2019: PDP to screen Saraki, Atiku, others
- Nestlé implements 100% satellite monitoring coverage to achieve its “no deforestation” commitment
- Female Police Officer Stabs Husband In Lagos: "Why I Did It"
- I Have The Secret To Help PDP Defeat Tinubu In Lagos - Saraki
- 'Tomorrow Is Pregnant' - Man Shares Pic With Classmate Who Is Now A Nigerian Governor
- Check Out Beautiful Mini Jeep Built By A Nigerian
- Ambode Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fails: What Next?
- PHOTOS: Scene Of Accident Involving Gov Yahaya Bello's Convoy
- "We Can't Feed, Pay House Rent" - Retired Police Officers
- Right Way To Get NYSC Exemption Certificate
- Offa Bank Robbery: Court orders Saraki to face criminal complaint
- Why Nigeria, others have more of 6.3 million dead children in 2017–Report
- Fake Lifestyles On The Rise Because Of Social Media - Actor
- Why Is Boko Haram Threatening To Kill Leah Sharibu?
- Security Crisis At Ekiti Election Tribunal, Judge Relocates Venue