NAIJ.com had earlier reported the story of a man who had returned money that was forgotten by a customer in his store. There have been several stories of Nigerians doing similar good deeds just because it is the right thing to do.
Another Nigerian man identified as Obazie Sunday has recounted the story of how he returned money that was mistakenly deposited in his bank account by a staff at the bank he uses.
According to him, on Tuesday, June 5, he had deposited a sum of N167,000 in his account but he received N1,670,000 in his account due to a mistake made by a staff in the bank.
He revealed that his first reaction was to transfer N500,000 out of the account due to his shock at handling a huge amount of money. He stated that he also confided in a friend who told him to await a call from the bank.
How Nigerian man deposited N167,000 in his bank account but was credited with N1.67m
Photo source: Yabaleft online
When the bank called, he said he was afraid that they were scammers because they had told him to deposit the N500,000 in an account.
Sunday, however, returned the money to the bank after several calls from a staff and the bank manager who pleaded with him that they would loose their jobs.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News
Read his story below:
“Early this month, June 5, 2018. I went to the bank,(name withheld) to deposit 167000. I did the normal transaction and left.
Hours later, i saw an alert of 1,670,000. I was shocked and was tensed, because i have never handled that sum before. I thought it was a dummy sum, so i transferred 500,000 out ,to my other account.
I confided in a school bro, who told me to await the bank call, and told me not to tell anyone else.When i got home(8-9pm), i got a call from a banker there.
He said it was a mistake,and i should transfer the money to an account he would provide. My mind drifted to bankers siphoning money ,and i told him i’d rather come see the bank manager the following day.
He gave the bank manager the phone or i’d rather say a man who claimed to be the bank manager.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
He said i should transfer the money, of which i bluntly refused ,and decided to go to their head office. I hung up,and switched off my phone ,to stop their incessant calls.
Then the next day, the banker called me, and pleaded that they could not balance their books, because of the fund in my account. And he said they did sack them, before 12:00pm if they don’t.
I know about the labour market, and how difficult it is to get jobs. So i told him i’d return the 500,000 which i transfer
I knew it wasn’t scam or fraud because i did not transfer the money. They unfroze my account , so i could send and receive cash. They also used the bank reversal technique.
I thought i was given the 4000 as a way of compensating me tho. So.i just transferred the 171,000 out of the account.
The next week or probably Friday, cash was sent to the account, so i went to the bank to cash it out.
When i got there, they were just looking at mend the only thing i heard them say was”that is the boy”. Not even a soul came to say thank you.
I was not mad ,and i thought they saw no need in saying thank you, since they already said it in cash.”
Would you rather have money or be poor and have a good family? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Pretty Lady & Her Fiance Share Cute Pre-wedding Photos
- Saraki must vacant senate presidency, Oshiomhole insists
- I'll Avoid Trial Until FG Obeys My Bail Rulings - Ex-NSA Dasuki Tells Court
- See Popular Actor John Dumelo's Farm
- Buhari Attacks Kwankwaso, Accuses Him Of Diverting Kano Funds For Campaign
- Female Speaker Of Anambra Assembly Impeached
- 2019 Election: INEC, Police, civil society calls for peace
- LG is meant to be autonomous from the state – Obasanjo
- Okorocha engages Oshiomhole in crossfire
- Allegri: I hope to stay for a long time
- Messi: Anyone can get beaten
- Conte: Real Madrid’s job is not good for me
- Joachim Low: we want to return to wining ways
- 2019: Youths declared APC obituary in Akwa Ibom
- Panic as poisoned food flood Nigerian markets
- Akeredolu declares war on journalists, bans coverage of government activities
- See 13 things Bankyw said after he announced his political ambition
- Aremu Afolayan slams Buhari, Governor Ambode over inefficient airport staff
- Thierry Henry: Monaco must stay positive despite struggles
- Oil prices determined to stay within $80
- Suarez fight with Barca star after loss
- Hazard: World Cup heroics drained me
- Higuain’s brutal revenge on CR7 for Juventus exit turned sour
- Sergio Busquets’ classy message to Real Betis manager after Barcelona’s 4-3 loss
- Man Allegedly Commits Suicide After Losing Church Money
- Police Arrest Four 'One Chance' Suspects, Female Underwear Found On Them
- Identical Twins Graduate With First Class From University Of Ibadan (Photos)
- 2019: Akwa Ibom Govt accuses EFCC of working for APC
- Fashola renders account of three years stewardship
- 2019: Peter Obi warns El-Rufai to stop Hate Speech
- Am fighting for state police – Osinbajo
- How N5m gift from a Facebook ‘Good Samaritan’ took me to jail
- 4 reasons women prefer these pot-belly-men to regular 6-pack-men
- Nigeria’s greatest problem is corruption, not restructuring- Osinbajo
- Nigeria handicapped by its dysfunctional structure, says Ezekwesili
- Father of 11 hangs himself over church money
- How Ayeni, others contributed to Skye Bank’s collapse- NDIC
- Investors remain skeptical as Bitcoin price dips
- Cost of stabilizing Naira too high to bear, says expert
- Kwankwaso Meets 3 PhD Holders He Sponsored Abroad