Since the inception of the Africa Women Cup of Nations (AWCON) in 1991, Nigeria has won the tournament a record 10 times. Now, the country is getting another shot at the continental trophy, having qualified for the 2018 edition set to hold in Ghana.
FT: Nigeria 6-0 Gambia (7-0 agg)
Reiging champions Super Falcons have qualified for the 2018 African Women's Cup of Nations which will be held in Ghana in November which will serve as the chase 3 African teams to the 2019 @FIFAWWC #SoarSuperFalcons #AWCON2018Q pic.twitter.com/J4mh39sxmS— NGSuper_Falcons (@NGSuper_Falcons) June 11, 2018
The Super Falcons qualified on a 7-0 aggregate by beating The Gambia 1-0 in their home, and 6-0 in Lagos.
With four goals to her name, Desire Oparanozie was the star player at the second qualifying round in Lagos on Monday. Asisat Oshoala scored two more goals, ensuring The Gambia was convinced about Nigeria’s superiority.
In addition to Nigeria, the 2018 AWCON will feature Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Algeria, South Africa, Zambia, Mali and the host, Ghana. Based on past records, South Africa and Cameroon are Nigeria’s biggest opponents. So, when it comes to these teams, the Super Falcons will have their work cut out for them as they attempt to win the trophy for the eleventh time.
@OrdegaF @EBIONOME pic.twitter.com/DjNqisEoOA— modovictor (@modovictorekene) June 11, 2018
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos now third worst city to live
- Senators sue AGF, others over ‘plot’ to sack Saraki
- Saraki playing with high treason, says APC
- Lady Reveals How Her Bike Man Set Her Up For Robbery In Lagos
- Landlord Used "Juju" To Tie Tenants' Destiny In Lagos
- 37 NYSC Members Involved In Accident After Leaving Camp
- Kwankwaso Visits Governor Wike In Rivers (Photos)
- Driver R*pes Big Politician's Daughter, Gets Her Pregnant
- 2019: PDP accuses INEC of deadly silence over PVCs allegedly found at Daura’s home
- Female Professor S*xually Harassed A Male Student (Photos)
- 2019: Buhari Declines Assent To Electoral Act Amendment Bill
- Woman Who Left Her Husband Bathed With Acid By Young Lover (Graphic Photos)
- Oshiomhole Meets APC Senators Privately Over Saraki?
- Police Arrest Man With 3 Human Skulls For Money Ritual
- Robbers Who Disguises As NEPA Officials Caught, Tied Up (Pics)
- Saraki jitters over impeachment move
- Turkey, US face-off may put NSE at risk
- 2019: Saraki holds consultation meeting with Obasanjo
- Ekiti 2018: Fayose resumes battle to reclaim PDP victory
- DSS refutes finding of N21bn, Weapons, PVCs at Daura’s residence
- Married woman brutalises girl for taunting her about 'barrenness'
- Saraki's Impeachment Plot: Battle Shift To The Court
- Six Easy Ways to Stay in Shape During Vacation
- Saraki Can't Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant - APC
- Nigerian Female Doctor Wins Appeal To Keep Her Job After Being Blacklisted In UK
- DSS Speaks On Alleged N21b, PVCs Found In Daura's House
- Saraki Holds Serious Meeting With Obasanjo
- Why Buhari Will Win 2019 Election - Presidency
- Akpabio Talks Tough: "If My Seat Is Declared Vacant, Saraki Must Lose His Seat'
- Story Of 7yrs Old Boy Who "Married" His Own Mother (Photos)
- Nigerian Doctor, Anthony Madu, Allegedly Nabbed For Fraud In UK Defends Himself
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CR7’s debut match abandoned as Juventus fans invade the ground
- Pogba : Barcelona’s decision
- Court stops arrest warrant on INEC Chairman
- Key proteins associated with lung cancer
- Buhari announces running mate
- PDP accuses APC of rigging Bauchi senatorial by-election
- DSS clarifies issues on Daura investigation
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen talks Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, LeBron James