The President stated this when he hosted members of the Diplomatic Corps to Ramadan Iftar at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.
According to him, corruption undermines development and impedes democracy and the rule of law.
“As I mentioned in my inaugural speech; if we do not kill corruption, corruption will kill us. Corruption undermines development and impedes democracy and the rule of law.
“During the 30th African Union Summit in Addis Ababa held in January this year, the AU launched the theme for the year 2018 winning the fight against Corruption: a sustainable path for Africa’s Transformation and endorsed me as the AU Champion for the year.
“We shall count on your support to tackle corruption headlong, in order to bring about development, prosperity and well-being of our people.’’
On Insurgency, the President assured the members of the Diplomatic Corps that his administration was making every effort to bring the issue of insurgence to a complete end.
He said Nigeria would continue to collaborate with its neighbours under the multilateral Joint Task Force to curtail the movement and operations of terrorists across the borders.
President Buhari announced that his administration had taken bold initiatives to reposition the Nigerian economy on the path of sustainable growth and development.
“In the preceding years, Nigeria has continued to witness political stability and economic prosperity as acknowledged by World Bank 2017 economic rating on Ease of Doing Business Index for 2018.
“I wish to assure Your Excellencies that we remain committed to creating enabling environment to attract Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and boost private sector engagements between Nigeria and your respective countries,’’ he added.
The President thanked the members of the Diplomatic Corps for honouring his invitation to this year’s Iftar as the Muslim ummah marked this Holy Ramadan.
According to him, the month of Ramadan is a month which brings the spirit of not only closeness with the creator, but it is also a period of reflection and sharing love between all human race irrespective of nationally, colour or religious affiliations.
“Our gathering today is to demonstrate the lessons of the holy month of Ramadan and further express Nigeria’s commitment to maintaining cordial, friendly and harmonious relationship with your respective countries,’’ he further noted.
President Buhari expressed Nigeria’s appreciation for the support and peaceful co-existence between Nigeria and their respective countries.
He noted that this had contributed to deepening the bonds of friendship and the subsisting cordial relationship between Nigeria and their respective countries.
In his remarks, the Dean of the Diplomatic Corps, Mr Salaheddine Abbas Ibrahima, commended President Buhari for his efforts in ensuring peace and stability across the African continent.
Ibrahima, who is the Cameroonian High Commissioner in Nigeria, also saluted the president’s anti-corruption efforts within and outside Nigeria.
He also expressed appreciation to the president for hosting them to the breaking of Ramadan fast.(NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- N2.5bn fraud: Aisha Buhari reacts
- Osun rerun: Omisore ignores PDP, settles for APC
- Osun Rerun: Oshiomhole, Lai, Ganduje finally seal deal with Omisore
- Lady Gets Yam, Beans, Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student
- Why PDP's Adeleke Is Leading Our Candidate In Osun Election - APC Chieftain
- Policemen Used For Osun Election Involved In Fatal Accident
- Osun tie: Matters arising
- Customs generates N852m revenue in 1month
- Minimum wage: ULC threatens nationwide strike,pitch workers against insensitive politicians
- Pressure mounts on UN to fire Obasanjo
- Aisha Buhari orders arrest of her ADC over 2.5billion fraud
- NCC not interested in social media gagging bill, says Ojobo
- Lekan Shonde's Wife "Died Of Brain Injuries"
- Osun Rerun: Omisore, Lasun Agree To Help APC Fight PDP?
- Applicant Dies During FRSC Recruitment In Kogi
- Why INEC Must Declare Collected PVCs For Osun Rerun
- Nigerian Ladies Caught On CCTV Stealing From A Store
- Fear Of Dancing Senator: Oshiomhole, 5 APC Governors Run To Omisore Again
- Woman, Male Friend Nabbed for Using Drone to Monitor Osoba's House (Photos)
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari
- Woman In Trouble For Killing Her Husband's Daughter
- Warning From CBN: Our Economy May Fall Into Recession
- Why I Want My Son-in-law To Be Kano Governor - Kwankwaso
- PDP Demands Resignation Of INEC Chairman & Buhari's Sister Who's Director Of Operations
- Federal Government Revives 18 Fertiliser Blending Plants
- Deputy Speaker, Eight Others In Oyo Assembly Defect To ADC
- Cultists Come Out Of Their Hideout, Denounce Membership
- 'I Thought It Was 419' - Thomas Etuh speaks on first meeting with Buhari
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Court orders senator to be summoned on newspaper
- APC gov.-elect visits Omisore
- Billionaire Femi Otedola Pictured With FIFA President
- I Didn't Purchase ADC Governorship Form For Governor Ambode - Former Speaker Ikuforiji
- Tears As Massive Flood Kills Pastor & His Wife In Imo State