European champions Real Madrid have appointed current Spain coach Julen Lopetegui as their manager from next season.
Lopetegui, 51, succeeds Zinedine Zidane who stepped down after leading the LaLiga giants to three straight UEFA Champions League titles.
“Julen Lopetegui will be the coach of Real Madrid after the 2018 World Cup,” the club announced on their official website on Tuesday.
“Real Madrid C. F. announces that Julen Lopetegui will be the coach of the first team during the next three seasons.
“Julen Lopetegui will join the club after the participation of the Spanish team in the World Cup, after two years of leading the national team.”
Lopetegui was appointed Spain coach in 2016. He was previously FC Porto manager. He played briefly for both Real Madrid and their rivals Barcelona, and managed the Madrid B team.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After FAAC Deadlock
- 'Kemi Adeosun's NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari's Integrity'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye
- Young Boy Kills Girlfriend, Dumps Her Dead Body By The Roadside In Edo (Details)
- "You Have Case To Answer" - Lawyer Sues APC's Joe Igbokwe Over Supreme Court Bribe Claim
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke In Certificate Scandal?
- Two Men Sitting On Moving Train In Lagos; Fall, Die (Photos)
- Covenant University Graduates 238 With First Class... Pretty Lady Emerges Overall Best
- Young Soldier Killed After Being Lured Out By A Lady (Photos)
- Baby Rescued After Being Put Under Trailer By Mum To Be Crushed
- Presidential race 2019: Atiku will send Buhari packing from Aso Rock in 2019 – PDP
- MTN lost N12bn in four days of picketing by NLC
- I still have ten more year in boxing –A. Joshua
- Criminal intent applications fuelling cyber security threat — UN
- What Cristiano Ronaldo said about Messi after Juventus unveiling
- INEC admits votes buying in Ekiti governorship election
- The importance of integrating “ethics” in education
- Avoid Ponzi Schemes – SEC warns Nigerians
- NLNG seeks $7 billion for sustainability and Train 7 expansion
- NLNG awards FEED contracts for Train 7
- Presidency Insults Nigerian Elders? Says They're Hungry, Shedding Crocodile Tears On Security
- Photos Of Tuface and His Cute Sons In New York
- 2019: President Buhari Speaks On His Bid For A Second Term
- Markets Shut Down In Abeokuta In Honour Of Late King
- NFF crisis may ruin Nigeria’s chances in AFCON 2019 — Rohr
- BB star Olumide becomes PEAK Sports Ambassador
- Daniel Etor set to face compatriots, Kingsley, Ajayi in pre-season camping
- Shooting Stars Bring Benin Republic U-20 team to Ibadan
- Buhari responds to Obasanjo’s letter, coalition communique
- Nigerian Billionaire Buys His Wife A Benz To Celebrate Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary
- Doctor Who Flogged A Nurse In Lagos Arrested and Charged
- APC's Joe Igbokwe Apologises For Accusing Supreme Court Of Taking Bribe
- Nigerians Arrested In Ghana With Drugs Concealed In Stockfish
- Jonathan Celebrates Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment
- 9 Nigerian Ladies Trafficked To Russia For S*xual Slavery Freed
- 4 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorizing Rivers State Shot Dead
- Married Man Who Lost His Leg & Arm In Accident (Touching Story)
- "I Almost Bled To Death" - Popular Writer Pius Adesanmi Survives Terrible Accident