Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti
Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has placed a curse on any politician, including himself, who is planning to unleash violence on the state in order to manipulate the July 14 governorship poll.
“This state deserves peace, people of Ekiti deserves peace. Anybody that brings violence to this state would come under the judgment of God. Anybody that attempts to manipulate this state would come under the judgment of God.
“We hand Ekiti over to God and we pray that anybody, including myself and any other politician that bring violence to this state, will face the judgment of God,” he said.
Fayose spoke while presenting the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, and his 39-year-old running mate, Kazeem Ogunsakin, to the Ewi of Ado, Oba Rufus Aladesanmi Adejugbe, and his council.
The governor said he supported Ogunsakin being a Muslim who hails from Ado Ekiti town which gave him the largest votes in 2014, and most importantly, for being a youth.
“Ordinarily, we wouldn’t have supported Ogunsakin but for the fact that he has performed admirably well as the Chairman of Ado Local Government Area and hails from the town, which gave me the highest votes in 2014.
“He also served well as the Head of Due Process in my cabinet, and also that he is a Muslim who represents the interest of the hitherto neglected Muslim community in Ekiti.
“And most importantly, I want to actualise the dream of our youths who have clamoured for concrete and active representation in government. I am not a kind of person who makes a promise and not fulfil it. With 39-year old Ogunsakin, we have shown to the world that really we want the youths to participate in government in support of the not-too-young-to-run law.
“Continuity is good for the state and for a professor who has made great impact for the state in education and also for Ogunsakin, they are a perfect combination to continue our good works and even do it better.”
Responding, Oba Adejugbe thanked the governor for the many projects he had put in place to beautify the capital city and prayed for him fervently.
The monarch, who described Fayose as an uncommon man, said he always prayed to God to make his children have the kind of fortune that the heavens had bestowed on the governor.
“Politics apart, if we examine our city, Ado Ekiti, four years ago, we would all agree that Governor Fayose has performed very well.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention