Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti
Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has placed a curse on any politician, including himself, who is planning to unleash violence on the state in order to manipulate the July 14 governorship poll.
“This state deserves peace, people of Ekiti deserves peace. Anybody that brings violence to this state would come under the judgment of God. Anybody that attempts to manipulate this state would come under the judgment of God.
“We hand Ekiti over to God and we pray that anybody, including myself and any other politician that bring violence to this state, will face the judgment of God,” he said.
Fayose spoke while presenting the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, and his 39-year-old running mate, Kazeem Ogunsakin, to the Ewi of Ado, Oba Rufus Aladesanmi Adejugbe, and his council.
The governor said he supported Ogunsakin being a Muslim who hails from Ado Ekiti town which gave him the largest votes in 2014, and most importantly, for being a youth.
“Ordinarily, we wouldn’t have supported Ogunsakin but for the fact that he has performed admirably well as the Chairman of Ado Local Government Area and hails from the town, which gave me the highest votes in 2014.
“He also served well as the Head of Due Process in my cabinet, and also that he is a Muslim who represents the interest of the hitherto neglected Muslim community in Ekiti.
“And most importantly, I want to actualise the dream of our youths who have clamoured for concrete and active representation in government. I am not a kind of person who makes a promise and not fulfil it. With 39-year old Ogunsakin, we have shown to the world that really we want the youths to participate in government in support of the not-too-young-to-run law.
“Continuity is good for the state and for a professor who has made great impact for the state in education and also for Ogunsakin, they are a perfect combination to continue our good works and even do it better.”
Responding, Oba Adejugbe thanked the governor for the many projects he had put in place to beautify the capital city and prayed for him fervently.
The monarch, who described Fayose as an uncommon man, said he always prayed to God to make his children have the kind of fortune that the heavens had bestowed on the governor.
“Politics apart, if we examine our city, Ado Ekiti, four years ago, we would all agree that Governor Fayose has performed very well.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili