Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti
Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has placed a curse on any politician, including himself, who is planning to unleash violence on the state in order to manipulate the July 14 governorship poll.
“This state deserves peace, people of Ekiti deserves peace. Anybody that brings violence to this state would come under the judgment of God. Anybody that attempts to manipulate this state would come under the judgment of God.
“We hand Ekiti over to God and we pray that anybody, including myself and any other politician that bring violence to this state, will face the judgment of God,” he said.
Fayose spoke while presenting the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, and his 39-year-old running mate, Kazeem Ogunsakin, to the Ewi of Ado, Oba Rufus Aladesanmi Adejugbe, and his council.
The governor said he supported Ogunsakin being a Muslim who hails from Ado Ekiti town which gave him the largest votes in 2014, and most importantly, for being a youth.
“Ordinarily, we wouldn’t have supported Ogunsakin but for the fact that he has performed admirably well as the Chairman of Ado Local Government Area and hails from the town, which gave me the highest votes in 2014.
“He also served well as the Head of Due Process in my cabinet, and also that he is a Muslim who represents the interest of the hitherto neglected Muslim community in Ekiti.
“And most importantly, I want to actualise the dream of our youths who have clamoured for concrete and active representation in government. I am not a kind of person who makes a promise and not fulfil it. With 39-year old Ogunsakin, we have shown to the world that really we want the youths to participate in government in support of the not-too-young-to-run law.
“Continuity is good for the state and for a professor who has made great impact for the state in education and also for Ogunsakin, they are a perfect combination to continue our good works and even do it better.”
Responding, Oba Adejugbe thanked the governor for the many projects he had put in place to beautify the capital city and prayed for him fervently.
The monarch, who described Fayose as an uncommon man, said he always prayed to God to make his children have the kind of fortune that the heavens had bestowed on the governor.
“Politics apart, if we examine our city, Ado Ekiti, four years ago, we would all agree that Governor Fayose has performed very well.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration
- Pregnant Woman Give Birth At Delta IDP’s Camp
- Rivers 2019: Three Friends In Serious Battle
- Comedian Bovi Surprises Wife with A Benz for Her 30th Birthday
- Osun poll: Adeleke in early lead as INEC announces results