By Vincent Ujumadu
AWKA—A MIDDLE-aged male principal of a private secondary school in Anambra State, at the weekend, narrowly escaped being lynched by angry youths in Okija in Ihiala Local Government Area for allegedly having unlawful carnal knowledge of a 17-year old boy of his school.
There were reports that Mr. Modestus Eze, the Principal of Seat of Wisdom Secondary School, had been committing the offence for many years, although he had not been pinned down until the recent incident when he was caught in the act.
It was gathered that Eze was fond of asking any male student he had interest in to wait after school for an errand for him, or invite him to his house at weekends, only to lure such a student to his residence for homosexual activity.
The action was said to have triggered anger from some youths who almost set the suspect ablaze, but he narrowly escaped.
According to an indigene of the town, it took the intervention of the Police and some prominent persons in the area to restore normalcy and pacify the rampaging youths who attempted to set Eze’s house ablaze.
What was said to have angered the youths more was the alleged discovery of substances suspected to be charms and deities sprinkled with red substance suspected to be fresh blood in some rooms within the school premises.
As soon as the discovery was made, the youths mobilized themselves to deal with him, not knowing that he had escaped.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Anambra State, Mr. Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect was still on the run, but assured that efforts were being intensified to apprehend and bring him to justice.
The PPRO said the scene of the crime had been cordoned off by the Police, while investigation was continuing.
Meanwhile, detectives attached to Okija Police Station had taken the victim to a hospital in the area for medical examination.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- CDHR task Buhari on poverty/insecurity
- Attacks on Plateau communities retaliatory, says Miyetti Allah
- Bureau official arraigned for murder
- Buhari blames desperate politicians for killings in Plateau
- APC Convention: “Kwankwaso just ended political career”
- D'Banj Was Advised About That Swimming Pool & His Son
- Banks struggle between steady income lines, declining profits
- Okorocha may sacrifice son-in-law governorship ambition
- Customs raises alarms over fake recruitment sites
- Drogba sends warning to Super Eagles ahead of Argentina clash
- Iheanacho confident of victory against Argentina
- Oil hits $74.10/barrel as OPEC moves toward spiking supply
- Nigeria to begin fuel exportation by 2019, says Baru
- 2018 World Cup: Pogba reveals Nigeria will be tough opponents
- Mikel to wear arm guard against Argentina
- Nigeria has highest number of extremely poor people – Report
- Bishop Oyedepo: You Can Be A Christian and Miss Heaven
- 5 Mistakes Graduates Are Making That's Denying Them Success
- TRAGIC! Obituary Of Lady & Her Brother Who Died In Accident
- Makeup Artist Transforms Lady Who Survived Burns Into A Queen For Her Wedding
- Boko Haram Fuel Supplier, Who's A Filling Station Manager, Nabbed By Soldiers
- Gunmen Disappear With Ondo Traditional Ruler's Wife
- Woman Who's A Witch Falls From Sky & Lands On Police Barrack In Delta State (Photos)
- PDP ridicules APC National Convention as ‘a mockery of democracy’
- Plateau killings: Buhari speaks tough, appeals for calm
- Saraki keeps APC leaders in suspense over his party membership
- See Woman Who Escaped After Over 100 Were Killed In Plateau
- How D'banj's Son Got Drowned In His Swimming Pool (Update)
- Imagine What Husband & Wife Did To This Boy Living With Them
- "Why I Didn't Attend APC Convention" – Kwankwaso
- Disgraced Ex-Minister Runs Abuja Clinic Without Licence For Years
- Nigeria Overtakes India As Poorest Country In The World
- "Why Herdsmen Killed People In Plateau" – Miyetti Allah Chairman
- Armed herdsmen kill 86 in Plateau
- Sowore blasts Buhari over 2018 Budget
- Buhari at war with NASS over disquieting budget crisis
- Police places N1m bounty on masked woman that “exposed” rich police officer
- Lagos Police Place N1m Reward On Masked Lady
- PhD Scandal: Embattled Osun Rector Arrested, Detained
- PDP To APC Chairman Oshiomhole: "Submit Yourself To EFCC"