By Onozure Dania
House of Representatives member, Mr Nicholas Mutu, has hailed Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State for the ongoing construction of a high tension power tower across River Forcados in Bomadi to reconnect the area to the national grid.
Mutu, who represents Bomadi/Patani federal constituency made the remark at his residence in Warri when a delegation of Bomadi Federated Communities led by its Chairman, Mr. Joseph Bekesuoyeibo, paid him a thank-you visit for attracting the construction of road networks to the town.
He said that the bold step taken by Okowa to provide high tension power tower that would distribute power to Bomadi town and its neighbouring communities shows that Mr. Governor has a listening ear and is ready to act on the yearnings of the people.
On the problems of flooding affecting Bomadi town, he promised to liaise with the state government to see if the issue was in the state budget or to add it to Niger Delta Development commission, NDDC’s budget to ensure that there was no duplication of projects.
Earlier, the Bomadi Federated Community’s Chairman, Bekesuoyeibo, expressed joy and thanked Mutu for attracting and executing roads projects that had transformed the landscape and increased the commerce life of the town.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili